Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 704 705 [706] 707 708 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14479341 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #10575 on: June 08, 2012, 07:00:49 pm »

Okay, let's be serious for a moment.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10576 on: June 08, 2012, 07:08:13 pm »

To be fair, there would be a legitimate reason to have liquor on hand head.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10577 on: June 08, 2012, 07:10:45 pm »

Darn you people. If you keep using phrases like "let's be serious" and "to be fair" for non-serious purposes, we'll never know when someone's being facetious or not. We'll have to make up a new phrase to denote being serious, which will be used ironically again, creating a recursive loop that never ends. Don't you see the destruction your idle irony is causing!?
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #10578 on: June 08, 2012, 07:13:44 pm »

To be fair recursive loops make everything better.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10579 on: June 08, 2012, 07:21:14 pm »

Speaking of recursive loops, I just thought of something that made me go WTF.

Imagine a person who, for some reason, suddenly becomes immortal, needing neither food, drink, air or sleep, and gains perfect recall of everything that ever happened to them. And now imagine said person suddenly being compelled (Let's just say a wizard did it and leave it at that) to recite their life story. Eventually, they'd catch up to the point where they started reciting their life story, and start talking about telling their life story, eventually catching up to the point where they started talking about their life story and then they'd start talking about talking about their life story. This would keep going on, and each iteration would be longer than the last.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10580 on: June 08, 2012, 07:27:10 pm »

Okay, let's be serious for a moment.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
You know the pope has actually has quite a lot of different official hats he wears for different occasions. Almost all of them seem to be appropriate of liquor storage, do you suppose there's a different kind of booze in each one?

Darn you people. If you keep using phrases like "let's be serious" and "to be fair" for non-serious purposes, we'll never know when someone's being facetious or not. We'll have to make up a new phrase to denote being serious, which will be used ironically again, creating a recursive loop that never ends. Don't you see the destruction your idle irony is causing!?
Maybe we should use the code phrase "real world" like the military does in it's drills.

Lord Dullard

• Bay Watcher
  • Indubitably.
    • View Profile
    • Cult: Awakening of the Old Ones
« Reply #10581 on: June 08, 2012, 07:42:51 pm »

Did we ever find out what happened to the guy who ate the 'shower-shrooms'? I'm wondering if he actually found mushrooms in his shower and ingested them, or if he just imagined doing that while under the effects of the more garden-variety 'magical' kind of mushrooms. I'd honestly be amazed if it wasn't the latter, as I find it hard to believe that anyone would voluntarily eat shower-fungus, and even more hard to believe that they'd be psychoactive.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10582 on: June 08, 2012, 07:43:40 pm »

Did we ever find out what happened to the guy who ate the 'shower-shrooms'? I'm wondering if he actually found mushrooms in his shower and ingested them, or if he just imagined doing that while under the effects of the more garden-variety 'magical' kind of mushrooms. I'd honestly be amazed if it wasn't the latter, as I find it hard to believe that anyone would voluntarily eat shower-fungus, and even more hard to believe that they'd be psychoactive.
wut

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10583 on: June 08, 2012, 07:46:04 pm »

This person.

Just realised we got shrooms in the grates of the shower.... for REAL its living but it wont speak... oh god make it speak so i can realate to it somehow!
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #10584 on: June 08, 2012, 07:53:46 pm »

Maybe he's lucky and some magic mushrooms just ended up growing in his shower. They've got to grow naturally somewhere, right?

Lord Dullard

• Bay Watcher
  • Indubitably.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10585 on: June 08, 2012, 07:53:56 pm »

Oh, I just suddenly had a lightbulb moment and realized what actually happened to that dude.

He didn't find the shrooms in the shower, he ate them in the shower with someone (I'm assuming a dorm shower, but one never knows), and some of the mushrooms fell down the drain.

He then thought the shower grate was alive.

This makes much more sense to me.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #10586 on: June 08, 2012, 07:58:48 pm »

That is hilarious. Shroom shenanigans are the best.

He's not disbelieving what they say, though.  He's just saying they shouldn't support an institution which doesn't agree with them (to be honest I have to agree to some extent - if a politician has horrible views then I'd expect people who self identify as followers to share them, and not give much stock to "Well I don't agree with him, I just support him" as an excuse).

Calling yourself Catholic doesn't bind you to give donations to the Vatican or anything. It doesn't even force you to believe what the Vatican believes, despite what Dawkins might think. A lot of more progressive Catholics have some hope for the church.

If you think a government is corrupt you can improve it. You don't have to overthrow it. The same goes for the church.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10587 on: June 08, 2012, 08:17:55 pm »

That's an interesting comparison.  You vote for the government, or run for it if you don't like any of the options.  The vatican is unelected and succession is chosen by the current regime.  As a Catholic follower you have absolutely zero say in what the vatican does.

You don't have to donate, but as part of their flock you're lending them legitimacy.  They can just point at their millions of followers as proof that people agree with them ("Hey, if we're so out of touch and wrong why do millions of people still follow us?").  And as one of those followers you're helping perpetuate the corrupt system as it stands.

I am well aware you can be a Catholic and have different views to the Vatican.  The question is whether you should remain a Catholic if the people who are supposed to represent you are hopelessly corrupt.

Lord Dullard

• Bay Watcher
  • Indubitably.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10588 on: June 08, 2012, 08:19:57 pm »

I think you're confusing the role of the Vatican with the role of a government. No church that I know of (whether Catholic, Protestant, or even non-Christian) is intended to 'represent' you. It's intended to guide you.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #10589 on: June 08, 2012, 08:22:02 pm »

The Catholic church repeatedly finds itself under pressure from its more progressive followers to do things like condone condom use to help prevent AIDS.

There are tons of Catholics who disagree with the Vatican, and it's silly to think that they don't have any influence. They might not vote, but there are other ways.
Pages: 1 ... 704 705 [706] 707 708 ... 11037