Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 675 676 [677] 678 679 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14490926 times)

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #10140 on: May 30, 2012, 11:28:22 am »

I've never been a talking on the phone kind of person either.

My wtf for the day: A woman named "Buckwild" is leaving messages on my phone for a "Dr Watson" saying "I have a girl for you. Love you."
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 11:32:34 am by Nadaka »
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #10141 on: May 30, 2012, 11:47:27 am »

Follow the lead...it could result in you discovering a conspiracy of epic proportions that threatens the very fabric of reality itself!

Or, it could just be somebody freaky.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Lord Dullard

• Bay Watcher
  • Indubitably.
    • View Profile
    • Cult: Awakening of the Old Ones
« Reply #10142 on: May 30, 2012, 11:54:45 am »

http://abcnews.go.com/US/miami-face-eating-attack-lasted-18-agonizing-minutes/story?id=16458696#.T8ZQYdU29Bk

The grisly assault on a homeless man whose face was eaten by a deranged assailant lasted for 18 agonizing minutes and was captured on nearby surveillance cameras.

Rudy Eugene, who authorities suspect may have been high on a dangerous new street drug known as "bath salts," had to be shot four times by a police officer to halt the cannibalistic attack.

The victim, Ronald Poppo, 65, is in critical condition after police say 75 percent of his face was devoured by Eugene.

Footage taken by security cameras at the nearby Miami Herald building show most of the 18 gory minutes of Eugene's growling and vicious attack on Poppo when Eugene ate the man's nose, mouth and eyes.

O.o

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #10143 on: May 30, 2012, 12:13:58 pm »

Figuring I'll finally upgrade my box from vista to 7. I got a free copy of 7 Pro and a legit license key from my school's Information Technology student program.  I figure, ok microsoft, it's kinda cool you give out free copies of your software to the folks that will be fixing it for clients.  And microsoft gains a point or two in my book.

I figure I'm going to do a clean install, but I'm looking into other options for completeness sake and while checking out the in place upgrade option I come across what seems to be a silly rule.

Vista Home Premium(what I have), cannot be upgraded to 7 Pro(what I have a license key for).  But it can be upgraded to ultimate. And since all this pro/home/ultimate stuff is basically just plugins thrown on top of MinWin, and ultimate is actually a superset of pro and pro is a superset of home premium, there is no logical reason for it not to be doable.  Microsoft apperantly just decided one day that they don't want home users to upgrade to pro features without buying ultimate.

WTF Microsoft, three steps forward, two steps back.
The usual solution to this seems to be to select the "Register Later" option or whatever it is that let's you move on for a short time without the key, then immediately reinstall it, upgrading the version you just installed to itself. If you didn't already know this.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #10144 on: May 30, 2012, 12:14:57 pm »

http://abcnews.go.com/US/miami-face-eating-attack-lasted-18-agonizing-minutes/story?id=16458696#.T8ZQYdU29Bk

The grisly assault on a homeless man whose face was eaten by a deranged assailant lasted for 18 agonizing minutes and was captured on nearby surveillance cameras.

Rudy Eugene, who authorities suspect may have been high on a dangerous new street drug known as "bath salts," had to be shot four times by a police officer to halt the cannibalistic attack.

The victim, Ronald Poppo, 65, is in critical condition after police say 75 percent of his face was devoured by Eugene.

Footage taken by security cameras at the nearby Miami Herald building show most of the 18 gory minutes of Eugene's growling and vicious attack on Poppo when Eugene ate the man's nose, mouth and eyes.

O.o

FFFUUUUUU ZOMBIES!
Its true, its friggin true!

Quick, lets get on the road!

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile
« Reply #10145 on: May 30, 2012, 12:31:13 pm »

O.o

FFFUUUUUU ZOMBIES!
Its true, its friggin true!

Quick, lets get on the road!

Thats just awful, he wasent a zombie. And it actually requires several shots to the head to kill someone, and people have survived shots in the head in two-digited numbers.
That guy was sick, but not a zombie :P
Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?

Blizzlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Rarely posting anymore.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10146 on: May 30, 2012, 12:40:56 pm »

I just saw a video of my cousin & co. throwing a couch down a mountain. Srsly? Why would you do that? And why wasn't the mountain taller...
Quote from: a Swedish electronics teacher
In Sweden, digital electronics is considered unteachable. That is why you are not being taught about it.
Most attempts of sesquipedalian loquaciousness on the internet will most likely end up in egregious delusions of eloquence. Finagle's law commands it!

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10147 on: May 30, 2012, 03:23:08 pm »

I just saw a video of my cousin & co. throwing a couch down a mountain. Srsly? Why would you do that? And why wasn't the mountain taller...
why wouldn't you throw a couch down a mountain?

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10148 on: May 30, 2012, 03:24:17 pm »

... as if it had wheels, you could ride it?
This is a blank sig.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10149 on: May 30, 2012, 03:25:23 pm »

Follow the lead...it could result in you discovering a conspiracy of epic proportions that threatens the very fabric of reality itself!

The question is, which one would be better?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #10150 on: May 30, 2012, 04:12:52 pm »

The question is, which one would be better?

The Dr is in... Giggity.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #10151 on: May 30, 2012, 05:10:44 pm »

My brother just referred to himself as a "crentrepreneur". He's ridiculous sometimes.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10152 on: May 30, 2012, 05:32:16 pm »

My sister started playing League of Legends. This is weird because I thought she hated it.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #10153 on: May 30, 2012, 05:33:58 pm »

Everyone hates League of Legends. Especially people who play it.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10154 on: May 30, 2012, 05:40:50 pm »

Everyone hates League of Legends. Especially people who play it.
I can vouch for this. I have, in moments of weakness, considered playing it. When this urge arises, I slam my face into my desk until it goes away or I pass out.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 675 676 [677] 678 679 ... 11037