Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 663 664 [665] 666 667 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14492223 times)

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #9960 on: May 26, 2012, 02:07:55 pm »

Apparently when I was doing yardwork last weekend, cutting down several saplings to make a wooden bin to clear out some underbrush in the yeard, I came into contact with poison ivy: the plant that laughs at the Geneva Conventions and engages in chemical warfare.

Thanks to the delayed effect of urushiol exposure, I now have random bubbles growing out of my skin. As if that weren't freaky enough, there's this tidbit from the above-linked article:

Less than half of the general population reacts with the saturated urushiol alone, but over 90% react with urushiol containing at least two degrees of unsaturation (double bonds). Longer side chains tend to produce stronger reaction. This suggests that the allergic contact dermatitis is caused by Van der Waals' forces.

So not only do I have blistering all over my hands, arms, and forehead...I have them because this plant is fucking with me at the subatomic level.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #9961 on: May 26, 2012, 02:14:06 pm »

Bing isn't censored because MS is the one that censors the most.
And then they leave the links in bing to make their meh searcher look better.
Yep.
And the reason Google takes them down is because US copyright law operates on a "take down first, ask questions later" basis, also known as "Guilty until proven innocent"

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #9962 on: May 26, 2012, 02:15:21 pm »

Also known as "Totally not at all broken, nope"
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #9963 on: May 26, 2012, 02:20:02 pm »

Which still doesn't negate the fact that Bing has it, and Google doesn't. :P

Though cross-referencing the two searches lets you easily pick out the good links, heheh...

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #9964 on: May 26, 2012, 02:27:00 pm »

Simple: Microsoft doesn't file DMCA takedowns against itself so that it looks good, or something.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #9965 on: May 26, 2012, 05:56:39 pm »

Apparently, there's this guy named Solifuge that everyone keeps talking to me about, I have no idea who he is though, but apparently he's popular enough that everyone expects me to know who he is. <w>

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #9966 on: May 26, 2012, 06:04:22 pm »

He's the guy with the livestream stuffs.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9967 on: May 26, 2012, 10:52:16 pm »

Apparently, there's this guy named Solifuge that everyone keeps talking to me about, I have no idea who he is though, but apparently he's popular enough that everyone expects me to know who he is. <w>
Did you actually search around here iceball?

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #9968 on: May 26, 2012, 11:35:18 pm »

The shroud and haste make him hard to find.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #9969 on: May 27, 2012, 12:04:27 am »

The shroud and haste make him hard to find.
And timezones.

Soli lives in the most inconvenient time zone. For everyone at the same time.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9970 on: May 27, 2012, 12:06:17 am »

Except me.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #9971 on: May 27, 2012, 12:17:04 am »

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9972 on: May 27, 2012, 12:20:21 am »

And my axe!

Wait, shit, wrong... everything. Just terrible.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

GalenEvil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Mac-Man Games
« Reply #9973 on: May 27, 2012, 12:49:34 am »

And my axe!

Just lol'd :D

Anyway, my WTF for today is a spider web somehow attached itself to my laptop as I was heading outside. Just a single filament. Then a rather large spider came down the line to investigate! It got almost to my laptop before I realized what was up and promptly moved the laptop away from the spider (not the best thing to do when moving away means moving the spider over your own body). The spider then dropped onto my pants and started runnin around. I guess the fall knocked it into a frenzy, and so I ended up missing a few times while it ran around my lap. Painful misses, satisfying final hit on my thigh to make it pop.

The main wtf from that was how the fuck did a single thread of spider web attach to my computer while I was walking to my chair? O.o
Fun is Fun......Done is Done... or is that Done is !!FUN!!?
Quote from: Mr Frog
Digging's a lot like surgery, see -- you grab the sharp thing and then drive the sharp end of the sharp thing in as hard as you can and then stuff goes flying and then stuff falls out and then there's a big hole and you're done. I kinda wish there was more screaming, but rocks don't hurt so I guess it can't be helped.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #9974 on: May 27, 2012, 12:50:39 am »

And my axe!

Just lol'd :D

Anyway, my WTF for today is a spider web somehow attached itself to my laptop as I was heading outside. Just a single filament. Then a rather large spider came down the line to investigate! It got almost to my laptop before I realized what was up and promptly moved the laptop away from the spider (not the best thing to do when moving away means moving the spider over your own body). The spider then dropped onto my pants and started runnin around. I guess the fall knocked it into a frenzy, and so I ended up missing a few times while it ran around my lap. Painful misses, satisfying final hit on my thigh to make it pop.

The main wtf from that was how the fuck did a single thread of spider web attach to my computer while I was walking to my chair? O.o
All it wanted was to check its email, you jerk.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.
Pages: 1 ... 663 664 [665] 666 667 ... 11037