Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 654 655 [656] 657 658 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14460291 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #9825 on: May 24, 2012, 08:24:49 pm »

Who wants ghost booty? I certainly do not.
If the Internet has taught me anything, it's that ghost booty is among the best booty reality can provide. Of either primary sorts, even!
Still, to each their own.

Also awesome, gryph. Manage anything from selling, or squirreling away in hopes of the value increasing? Fifties innit that far back, but still...
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9826 on: May 24, 2012, 08:27:34 pm »

I started talking about a game that I bought, and we hopped topics to a dream my mom had in our old house. She dreamed that there was an extra room in the basement, and she had this dream often.

We don't often talk about our old house for lots of reasons. I saw an old lady in the corner of my eye every time I was in the basement. My sister's friend saw it too at my sister's party, and made one hell of a scream. Cold pockets all over the basement, even in summer and far from any vents. At night a shadowy figure descended from the ceiling and stood at the base of my bed staring at me, and this happened often enough that I refused to sleep without the light on in fear of waking up with the figure standing next to me. Once we moved out I went on without the lights without an issue. Lastly, my sister complained about her bed being shaken at night by a girl.

So when my mom brought up the dream it donned on me and my dad, there actually was enough room for another room. The bathroom was always small, and the bedroom next to it had a good 4 foot gap before it opened up. We mapped out the rooms on a piece of paper from what we remembered and there it was. If there could have been an extra room it would have been there. That is one scary coincidence for one hell of a scary house.

Why isn't this in the Absolutely Terrified Today thread?
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9827 on: May 24, 2012, 08:27:44 pm »

I'm sceptic when it comes to ghosts, people see what they want to see, and the human mind is very easy to play tricks on.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #9828 on: May 24, 2012, 08:32:13 pm »

The k, Pnx. The k makes a huge difference. goddamnit local dialect, stop misspelling septic all over the place.

As for ghosts, withholding opinion until more data points. I've had a case or two where physics behaved improbably, lending minor credence to the general concept, but outliers are outliers, yeh.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2012, 08:35:36 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
Ask!

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9829 on: May 24, 2012, 08:35:09 pm »

I once punched a ghost in the face. It didn't know what to do, so I punched it again.

Ah, my ghost-busting days. I was well-loved by the groups the regularly explored terrifying places, less well loved by the groups hoping to commune with ghosts.

Note, I'm not saying ghosts are real, I don't think they are, but neither are invisible dragons, and I made a good $20 in high school selling those and care supplies for them. Just because something aint real doesn't mean it can't have an impact on the world.

Also awesome, gryph. Manage anything from selling, or squirreling away in hopes of the value increasing? Fifties innit that far back, but still...
Lets just say it might have been decent in the 50s, but the value did not increase. I think we got like somewhere between $20 and $50 from it. Turned out we could have actually gotten it earlier if we'd known about the sliding wall panel secret door (just big to reach into the area and pull the bag out). God damn, I lived in that basement for 6 damned years and never knew it had that. (I had found a larger secret room earlier behind the bar, though I quickly outgrow the ability to enter it. That was mostly dust and pipes and wires, though, nothing interesting)

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9830 on: May 24, 2012, 08:36:23 pm »

The k, Pnx. The k makes a huge difference.
???

As for ghosts, withholding opinion until more data points. I've had a case or two where physics behaved improbably, lending minor credence to the general concept, but outliers are outliers, yeh.
Physics behaves weirdly all the time, because that's just what physics does, like when you're moving forwards so quickly that you miss the ground.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #9831 on: May 24, 2012, 08:38:28 pm »

Physics behaves weirdly all the time, because that's just what physics does, like when you're moving forwards so quickly that you miss the ground.
Flying works by falling at the ground and missing.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9832 on: May 24, 2012, 08:38:46 pm »

As far as ghosts are concerned I believe them to be physical phenomena. They supposedly release EM waves (which technically means it can be visible), and create cold spots. Whether or not it actually happens still needs to be looked into more closely, and whether they're dead people is another matter entirely. Still scary.

I'm sceptic when it comes to ghosts, people see what they want to see, and the human mind is very easy to play tricks on.

The k really makes a difference. :P

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #9833 on: May 24, 2012, 08:40:37 pm »

It might not, I'm just used to people misspelling septic that way and seeing skeptic as the standard spelling. Corrected myself after a self check, bleh.

Seriously though, skeptic looks much better :-\
Ask not!
Ask!

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9834 on: May 24, 2012, 08:41:40 pm »

Yeah, I think most people use the 'k' now because sceptic is so often misread as septic.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #9835 on: May 24, 2012, 08:44:27 pm »

Yeah... my mind pronounces both the same bloody way. The k helps my brain, but the c apparently doesn't distort meaning. I guess.

What else uses SC as a hard thingy, anyway? Scorpion?
Ask not!
Ask!

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9836 on: May 24, 2012, 08:45:20 pm »

Sceptic is the traditional British English spelling.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #9837 on: May 24, 2012, 08:46:21 pm »

Why are we talking about septic again?
Oh, British.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #9838 on: May 24, 2012, 08:47:30 pm »

Scepter, sceptic, scorpion. One of these stands out!

Can I get a "English, huzzah!"?
Ask not!
Ask!

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9839 on: May 24, 2012, 08:47:53 pm »

Pff, British people. Ye of crazy food, crazy sports and extra vowels.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting
Pages: 1 ... 654 655 [656] 657 658 ... 11040