Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 636 637 [638] 639 640 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14471072 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #9555 on: May 19, 2012, 09:42:31 am »

It is apparently a bad thing when I don't have a clock in front of me at all times. When I went to sleep, I thought that it was around 10:00 pm, until I noticed the dawning sun shining through my windows and heard all the birds outside singing.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #9556 on: May 19, 2012, 10:19:20 am »

In the process of deciding whether or not femitheist's blog could be taken down as a violation of content regulations/ToS, I read the new Google ToS, which is remarkably brief. I'm not 100% sure as to whether her blog constitutes a violation, but it'll be flagged as adult at least, due to that one post about the castration.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #9557 on: May 19, 2012, 11:04:19 am »

Brief terms of service, that can be either good or bad, good in that its probably comprehendable by people that are NOT famous lawyers. Bad in the way that you can probably do more.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9558 on: May 19, 2012, 11:48:49 am »

On Thursday, some guy came up to where we were handing out food, and started videotaping people on the line, fairly up close. When people told him to stop, he only got closer in their face. So, one woman decides to grab his camera or something, then he hits her. Our guy managing the line tackles him. I wasn't there(and I'm a little glad for that), so all my details are second-hand, but the police were called, and they said our guy did the right thing. And now the guy with the camera is threatening to sue us, sue the woman(who apparently made off with his camera), and sue everyone who witnessed it and doesn't testify for him because everyone who doesn't is part of organized crime. I'm not kidding, here's his website.

Why can't be people be less crazy? Also, the guy had a microphone in his pocket. and seems to have been trying to provoke a fight just for this reason.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #9559 on: May 19, 2012, 12:05:34 pm »

Frank truth.

I lol'd

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9560 on: May 19, 2012, 12:22:24 pm »

Seems like a nice enough guy.

If you think that I am wrong and/or that
I am Delusional and need help or something,
PROVE IT TO ME by Speaking with me in person
or Add Me As A Friend on FaceBook and Chat with me
if you think you have the BALLS to try and
prove me wrong.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #9561 on: May 19, 2012, 12:28:00 pm »

Wait a minute. If it's a public place, why does he say he's also suing the landlord?

Man, that guy's website almost reads as bad as time cube. At least with feminitheist I could tell what the crazy was.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #9562 on: May 19, 2012, 12:29:00 pm »

On Thursday, some guy came up to where we were handing out food, and started videotaping people on the line, fairly up close. When people told him to stop, he only got closer in their face. So, one woman decides to grab his camera or something, then he hits her. Our guy managing the line tackles him. I wasn't there(and I'm a little glad for that), so all my details are second-hand, but the police were called, and they said our guy did the right thing. And now the guy with the camera is threatening to sue us, sue the woman(who apparently made off with his camera), and sue everyone who witnessed it and doesn't testify for him because everyone who doesn't is part of organized crime. I'm not kidding, here's his website.

Why can't be people be less crazy? Also, the guy had a microphone in his pocket. and seems to have been trying to provoke a fight just for this reason.

Are you american?
If so, he will win the proces and everybody of your company will need to get lessons in how to tackle people without hurting them.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Lord Dullard

• Bay Watcher
  • Indubitably.
    • View Profile
    • Cult: Awakening of the Old Ones
« Reply #9563 on: May 19, 2012, 12:38:39 pm »

That guy seems absolutely nuts. He's like a grown man with the mind of a mentally incompetent kid from the 50's with a serious superhero infatuation.

OTOH he also seems pretty harmless. Why all the hostile reactions to him?

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9564 on: May 19, 2012, 12:42:44 pm »

OTOH he also seems pretty harmless. Why all the hostile reactions to him?
Well, a lot of the people we help generally don't like being videotaped up close and personal. Some have arrest warrants or other legal disputes that being filmed receiving charity won't do them any favors with.

And I saw the woman he hit, she had a nice bruise on her face.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9565 on: May 19, 2012, 12:45:28 pm »

Because he's a git who doesn't understand the concept of respecting others right to not be harassed nor seem to understand the concept of personal space.

Plus, at least here in Canada (IIRC) you need somebody's consent before you can film them/take a picture of them.

Edit: Dammit, Ninja'd.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #9566 on: May 19, 2012, 12:49:16 pm »

This man is obviously a fashion genius. Flag capes for all!

Lord Dullard

• Bay Watcher
  • Indubitably.
    • View Profile
    • Cult: Awakening of the Old Ones
« Reply #9567 on: May 19, 2012, 12:51:53 pm »

No argument that he's a git, nor that he should have EXPECTED that reaction from a bunch of people in those circumstances. I don't feel sorry for what happened to him after he hit the lady, either. BUT:

1. Like it or not, it is his right to videotape people in public places. You do NOT need anyone's permission to videotape them in public as long as it is not a location in which one should expect privacy (bedroom, bathroom, etc).
2. I also don't feel particularly sorry for the woman who got hit, since she attempted to steal (or at least mess with) his private property. THAT was illegal. Of course, hitting her for it was also illegal, and makes the guy seem like even more of an arsehat.
3. Vorthon, you actually happen to be wrong. Canada has roughly the same rules as the US; filming people in public without their consent is totally okay.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9568 on: May 19, 2012, 01:03:18 pm »

Here, let me get in your face and film you constantly. I will not go away if you ask me to. If you react in any sort of way, I am allowed to hit and sue you and your family.

Sound fair? I would come off as a jerk, and rightly so.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9569 on: May 19, 2012, 01:04:17 pm »

1. Like it or not, it is his right to videotape people in public places. You do NOT need anyone's permission to videotape them in public as long as it is not a location in which one should expect privacy (bedroom, bathroom, etc).
This strikes me as one of those places where the law can get a little tricky. Yes, the restaurant or whatever probably qualifies as a public place, but do the owners of a restaurant have the ability to deny him that right?
Also, you may have the right to film people in public places, but that doesn't mean you have the right to follow people around, or shove a camera in their face, also I really doubt the law is on his side when he punches someone for taking his camera away.
Pages: 1 ... 636 637 [638] 639 640 ... 11037