Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 631 632 [633] 634 635 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14471881 times)

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #9480 on: May 17, 2012, 08:42:56 pm »

No that would be 409, the petri dish doesn't lie.
With ClF3, there won't be a petri dish left, much less anything on it.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #9481 on: May 17, 2012, 09:13:17 pm »

No that would be 409, the petri dish doesn't lie.
With ClF3, there won't be a petri dish left, much less anything on it.
Just put it in an autoclave and let it be~ :P

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #9482 on: May 17, 2012, 09:37:22 pm »

Link on MSN homepage: "Wear Bieber's DNA around your neck"

What, you've never heard of a pearl necklace?  :-\

Our work iPhone got an SMS calendar reminder about "Our Wedding Day". Turns out to be SMS spam from a company....which specializes in over-the-phone divorces. As in, they have a call center, you call them and give them all the pertinent details and they file the paperwork. It's the kind of fast-food approach to legal services that makes Truean apoplectic with rage. But....wth, dudes? how is this in any way effective advertising?

"Huh...got a wrong number send about a wedding day. Gee, that reminds me, I hate my marriage. I wonder if this random person (because the text appears from a person not a business) knows of a cheap, fast way to expedite divorce proceedings?"  ???

^^^
Yes. Very yes.

You'd be surprised what people will fall for.

Though I'd hope the stroke-like symptoms*  are imposed by rather than suffered by me in my rage against the fly by night "legal advice" crap. This is the kind of thing I often end up having to fix, allegedly for more money, but we know the person can't afford more. So, really, it just ends up being more work for me, and more headache for them later assuming it even can be fixed. Meh. I give them a full dose of "I told you so," in instances when they should've known better and/or were just cheap.... We have something similar here with many "foreclosure settlement companies...." Tis a scam and the I have taken a particular joy in throwing a god damn brick right at their eye teeth filing a complaint through the bar association for unlicensed practice of law against these scammers who take people's money and "suddenly lose all memory of them...."

Last year we had one that tricked old people into signing a quick claim deed for their house over in a scam the attorney general finally got involved in (Thus losing their house via fraud). Before that, we had a company that allegedly helped lower your property tax (real property tax appeal through the county) but instead sold your information to telemarketers and door to door salesmen.... I'm simultaneously honored and insulted to be on the same planet with these frauds.

WTF would make anyone sign over a deed to their house without a realtor and attorn...? You know what I dunno.

* apoplectic
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9483 on: May 17, 2012, 09:41:47 pm »

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9484 on: May 17, 2012, 09:51:41 pm »

Awesome

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9485 on: May 17, 2012, 09:56:38 pm »

Nice.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

GalenEvil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Mac-Man Games
« Reply #9489 on: May 18, 2012, 02:01:13 am »

So, I have this bottle of beer right? It is sitting on a table, a wooden table, and I go to pick it up. This is where the WTF happens. I grab the bottle a little funny and it sorta slips outta my hand less than a quarter inch from the table's surface. When it hits the table it shatters. WTF just happened? Why did it shatter? It was a mostly empty bottle landing on a wooden surface, though it was a Miller High Life bottle (just in case that matters for some reason). I figured it would be okay since I have dropped full bottles from much greater heights then 1/4 inch and still been able to open it and drink the intoxicating contents.

Could it have been a weird vibration from one side of the bottle hitting slightly sooner than the other side? Or could I just have had a really poorly made bottle? Another thing, trying to clean up shattered glass from a long-tuffed carpet is really hard to do without cutting yourself :( Bloody fingers! All of them except my thumbs!

Also, a separate WTF moment:

When I used to sell knives I was cutting a piece of leather and the knife slipped and sorta cut my thumb of the other hand. It only sliced off the very tip of the thumb so that wasn't too bad, but why is it that when I was packing up my stuff I found my severed thumb piece attached to the knife with absolutely no blood on it or the knife? Granted, these are really sharp knives and my thumb didn't really start bleeding until after I started looking at it but why did my thumb-piece have no blood on it?
Fun is Fun......Done is Done... or is that Done is !!FUN!!?
Quote from: Mr Frog
Digging's a lot like surgery, see -- you grab the sharp thing and then drive the sharp end of the sharp thing in as hard as you can and then stuff goes flying and then stuff falls out and then there's a big hole and you're done. I kinda wish there was more screaming, but rocks don't hurt so I guess it can't be helped.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9490 on: May 18, 2012, 02:08:44 am »

The first one: Probably just hit a weak spot in the glass. Slight deformity, bad design, something like that.

The second one: You probably just cut off your skin without going any deeper. Skin is relatively thick so it's conceivable you didn't pierce it completely. Blood can move through tissue (that's what it's for), which is why it started oozing out.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #9491 on: May 18, 2012, 02:17:53 am »

It is 3 AM, my brother owes me $25, and he just tried to wake up our dad to ask for an advance on his lawnmowing payment. Of course he got yelled at for waking someone up at 3 AM. I don't know why he thought he was going to get anything.

GalenEvil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Mac-Man Games
« Reply #9492 on: May 18, 2012, 03:21:41 am »

Considering that the part that I cut off was the entire front eighth inch-ish of my thumb I don't think that it was just cutting a few of the layers. There was a sizable chunk on the knife when I looked at it :P
Digging's a lot like surgery, see -- you grab the sharp thing and then drive the sharp end of the sharp thing in as hard as you can and then stuff goes flying and then stuff falls out and then there's a big hole and you're done. I kinda wish there was more screaming, but rocks don't hurt so I guess it can't be helped.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #9493 on: May 18, 2012, 03:38:18 am »

Considering that the part that I cut off was the entire front eighth inch-ish of my thumb I don't think that it was just cutting a few of the layers. There was a sizable chunk on the knife when I looked at it :P
Now I've got this image of you of a machete wielding drunk (beer/wine often takes a role in your posts), carrying a boatload of knives around. (Don't fix it, it's a good image, this is B12 ;) )

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

GalenEvil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Mac-Man Games
« Reply #9494 on: May 18, 2012, 03:58:20 am »

well, right now i have both in me :D so CHEERS!!! *clinks of glasses being clink'd* to be completely honest it was a really flimsy sandwich knife that cut my thumb. I should have used a more stable knife but the potential buyers asked, right before I cut the leather with a table knife (steak knife in most knife collections), if I could cut leather with the sandwich knife so I tried, did, and at the same time cut myself >.> Fuckers are sharp!!! Also, these were CutCo knives, fucking sharp as hell forever and ever! I wonder, now, if I could get paid for doing online demos :D that would be awesome ^_^ get paid $15 for every time a unique registered user over the age of 21/or married views a video of me cutting shit up and giving my spiel. That would be rather awesome and if I included an order form would get me even moar monies!!! heheheh *translates into maniacal laugh Mwahahahahahahahahahhahahaaaaaaaaaaaaa*
Pages: 1 ... 631 632 [633] 634 635 ... 11037