Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 622 623 [624] 625 626 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14467128 times)

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #9345 on: May 16, 2012, 12:49:36 pm »

You can't do Rorsach tests online. It's quite literally impossible. If they were giving you one and telling you that's what it was, they were, quite simply, lying. This actually goes for most psychology tests, by the way.

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9346 on: May 16, 2012, 12:54:11 pm »

My answer for three of them was a bleeding head, two dogs fighting, and a towering monster bearing claws. Seriously. Those were the things that came to mind at once. I know that online test often are for entertainment, but damn.

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #9347 on: May 16, 2012, 12:54:18 pm »

I took a test as well.
Test Results

Sickness Quotient: 99%
WARNING: Your "Sickness Quotient" of 99% is very disturbing.

Detailed Diagnosis

Interpersonal Insights
Your sense of self-entitlement means you're probably the kind of person that pulled the wings off of butterflies when you were little. You think everyone is out to get you, and you're absolutely right. It's because you're an awful person without any redeeming qualities.

Job Performance & Attitude
Your work is of such poor quality that your manager is considering replacing you with a machine that flushes. Rather than do a one-time job that takes ten minutes, you'd work for 5 years to automate it.

Personality Insight
Your personal motto is "Dance like nobody's watching." That' just stupid. Get a better motto.

edit: I also took an online pregnancy test. I'm gonna be a daddy!
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 12:57:05 pm by Dutchling »

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9348 on: May 16, 2012, 12:58:40 pm »

Online self diagnosis has an interest in making you worried... how else to sell you treatment or further information?
This is a blank sig.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #9349 on: May 16, 2012, 01:03:25 pm »

I took a test as well.
Test Results

Sickness Quotient: 99%
WARNING: Your "Sickness Quotient" of 99% is very disturbing.

Detailed Diagnosis

Interpersonal Insights
Your sense of self-entitlement means you're probably the kind of person that pulled the wings off of butterflies when you were little. You think everyone is out to get you, and you're absolutely right. It's because you're an awful person without any redeeming qualities.

Job Performance & Attitude
Your work is of such poor quality that your manager is considering replacing you with a machine that flushes. Rather than do a one-time job that takes ten minutes, you'd work for 5 years to automate it.

Personality Insight
Your personal motto is "Dance like nobody's watching." That' just stupid. Get a better motto.

edit: I also took an online pregnancy test. I'm gonna be a daddy!
This is why you don't let GLaDOS administer the test.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9350 on: May 16, 2012, 01:25:08 pm »

Alright, I admit that the online diagnosis bots are hilariously inaccurate (hilariously), but I felt like testing it. I still have most traits of psychopathy according to this paper. It's a long read.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #9351 on: May 16, 2012, 01:35:52 pm »

What is A Psychopath?

Psychopaths cannot be understood in terms of antisocial rearing or development. They are simply morally depraved individuals who represent the "monsters" in our society. They are unstoppable and untreatable predators whose violence is planned, purposeful and emotionless. The violence continues until it reaches a plateau at age 50 or so, then tapers off.

Become psychopath = Become unstoppable.

Also, not fearmongering at all.

lolololololo

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9352 on: May 16, 2012, 01:52:23 pm »

I'm not so sure I'd trust a "paper" with fake references (well, some of them anyway) by people trying to convince you to buy a book any more than I'd trust a web test...

I mean, none of this is saying you AREN'T a heartless psychopath, but it's not terribly good evidence either!

DSM might be a better reference here?

I think the key thing is: Does punishment act as an inhibitor in cases where you don't think you'll get caught? Do you ever feel shame or guilt?

Those are pretty much the diagnostic criteria from what I understand. If either is true, then you aren't a psychopath.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 01:54:41 pm by GlyphGryph »

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9353 on: May 16, 2012, 01:57:08 pm »

Yeah, but as long as all that is in your hear it's cool :)

Also, I notice a pattern, I'm not that sleepy, but as soon as I take a book or a notebook to study I start incessantly yawning, it happens every few minutes and it's extremely distracting. I know the stuff is kind of boring but it can't be that boring since nothing else can make me do that with such regularity :/
Something similar happens to me too. But instead of jawning, I just feel like sleeping.

Actually everything makes me sleepy. If I arent attempting to sleep, then I am most likely sleepy. Same with thirst, except I am thirsty even while attempting to drink. At any given point in time, the answer to whetever I am sleepy or thirsty, is: "Yes."

And writing this just reminded me that I am thirty. Gonna go get a glass of milk.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #9354 on: May 16, 2012, 01:58:18 pm »

Alright, I admit that the online diagnosis bots are hilariously inaccurate (hilariously), but I felt like testing it. I still have most traits of psychopathy according to this paper. It's a long read.

The woman who wrote that article seems to know dozens of psychopaths. If a lot of people in your environment act strange, calling them all psychopaths won't solve anything.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 02:00:33 pm by Dutchling »

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #9355 on: May 16, 2012, 02:02:01 pm »

The woman who wrote that article seems to know dozens of psychopaths. If a lot of people in your environment act strange, calling them all psychopaths won't solve anything.

What about calling everyone a psychopath :D

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9356 on: May 16, 2012, 02:06:22 pm »

Damn. Are there really fake resources there too? I know that wikipedia's article was filled with trolling edits, but fake papers? Now I've seen it all.

I think the key thing is: Does punishment act as an inhibitor in cases where you don't think you'll get caught? Do you ever feel shame or guilt?

If it stops me from doing the same thing again yes, but I wouldn't call that a definite yes. It really depends on the odds of being caught. If I can personally minimize the risk it's a no. Also, no shame or guilt.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #9357 on: May 16, 2012, 02:06:29 pm »

What about calling everyone a psychopath :D

Psychopaths do everything to avoid being caught, including calling everyone who no longer believes her lies a psychopath and writing papers in which she tries to convince the world that woman usually aren't psychopaths.

Do not believe her lies!

« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 02:09:54 pm by Dutchling »

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9358 on: May 16, 2012, 02:14:15 pm »

Damn. Are there really fake resources there too? I know that wikipedia's article was filled with trolling edits, but fake papers? Now I've seen it all.
Fake papers are nothing new, especially on personal websites like that. Its not even a "paper" - its an article. Its certainly not a psychological paper.

If it stops me from doing the same thing again yes, but I wouldn't call that a definite yes. It really depends on the odds of being caught. If I can personally minimize the risk it's a no. Also, no shame or guilt.

Hmm. Well, I mean, you could be. But I guess the real question is, are you the bad kind? Do you hurt people or critters just because or out of curiosity? Emotionally manipulate people into doing what you want? Completely disregard the feelings and desires of others unless it suits your purpose?

Well... if so, stop doing that. Bad. ;)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #9359 on: May 16, 2012, 02:17:51 pm »

Do not believe her lies!
That's a pretty psychopathic claim right there. You need some serious evidence to back up that claim mister, I know so because this one woman told me so.
Pages: 1 ... 622 623 [624] 625 626 ... 11037