Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 621 622 [623] 624 625 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14469194 times)

GalenEvil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Mac-Man Games
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #9330 on: May 16, 2012, 04:06:24 am »

fleas will burrow into hiding places in your house until their army is raised. Then they will strike en masse and have the unnerving tendency to repopulate very quickly. If you have a place that is close to the ground but your dog wont get up onto get a pan and fill it with slightly soapy water. Dish soap is the best. The surface tension of the dish-soapy water is low enough that the fleas won't be able to sit on top of it and then jump away again if they happen to jump into it at all. I used it at my old apartment when there was a question about a possible flea issue and in the morning there was quite a few half-dead fleas in the bottom of the pan. Also, waking up with enough fleas on me to kill a mouse probably would have led me to the same conclusion as the pan. But I digress, and it's really early in the morning now. So I should probably go find an energy drink, or go to sleep for a few hours. Either way, Night/Morning peeps!
Fun is Fun......Done is Done... or is that Done is !!FUN!!?
Quote from: Mr Frog
Digging's a lot like surgery, see -- you grab the sharp thing and then drive the sharp end of the sharp thing in as hard as you can and then stuff goes flying and then stuff falls out and then there's a big hole and you're done. I kinda wish there was more screaming, but rocks don't hurt so I guess it can't be helped.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #9331 on: May 16, 2012, 09:23:30 am »

I had bedbugs in my bedroom at the dorm during uni. Judicious use of uber-lethal insecticide got rid of the problem.

The bites do suck, though. Bruises last for months.
Oh, and you could get them withiut prior warning, from a neighbour or luggage. They can hide in all sorts of places. In particular, I suspect the dorm infestation originated from behind a wooden wall cover
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #9332 on: May 16, 2012, 09:37:14 am »

Sleep deprivation does interesting things to people's avatars as you're reading their posts.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9333 on: May 16, 2012, 10:31:59 am »

No new bites today, so hooray. Still itching like crazy.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #9334 on: May 16, 2012, 10:43:46 am »

Got threatened with contempt of court (jail) by magistrate for calmly pointing out prosecution's mistake in the amount in blood drug/alcohol sample instead of just shutting up like I was told. It matters for sentencing. Forgetting entirely that I'm just doing my job, how about we go off the evidence from the lab and dare I say the truth? If he screwed up, then how about we punish him based on how badly he actually screwed up instead of somebody misremembering the numbers?

This is another classic freaking reason why lawyers get paid "even if you lose," because there are different degrees of "losing." Just cause you lose doesn't mean that's the worst that can happen to you. In this case, approximately another 3 months in prison. So I'll "lose," but 3 fewer months in jail is a big deal when the blood test amounts matter.

People act like I'm trying to burn them. I'm not.
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9335 on: May 16, 2012, 10:54:15 am »

We just recent had a popular lawyer round here get a few months in jail for contempt of course. He raised a rather... vociferous objection to having cops on the jury. Still, a popular guy known for doing good, and he's said he probably won't be returning to law when he gets out. :/

Truean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9336 on: May 16, 2012, 11:00:30 am »

We just recent had a popular lawyer round here get a few months in jail for contempt of course. He raised a rather... vociferous objection to having cops on the jury. Still, a popular guy known for doing good, and he's said he probably won't be returning to law when he gets out. :/

Yeah, lawyers are leaving the profession, because you basically get screwed from all sides if you're criminal defense or civil plaintiff. Constant David and Goliath fight and your clients will never be happy while always thinking you're ripping them off....

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #9337 on: May 16, 2012, 11:03:50 am »

Yeah, lawyers are leaving the profession, because you basically get screwed from all sides if you're criminal defense or civil plaintiff. Constant David and Goliath fight and your clients will never be happy while always thinking you're ripping them off....

Losing is fun...

*Side effects, not so much.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9338 on: May 16, 2012, 11:33:05 am »

Losing is fun...

*Side effects, not so much.

Yeah, but if the public keeps paying public defenders/ appointed counsel like it was 30 years ago and wonder about why they don't have rights.... (Literally, the rates haven't gone up in 25 years in Ohio so you have to do more volume/spend less time with clients to make any financial sense at all. I'm talking literally a 1st degree misdemeanor is capped at $250 max. Doesn't sound serious but you can get up to 6 months in prison for one.... It matters). This when law school costs have skyrocketed.... Instead of "I don't want to pay for someone else's legal fees," it should be "my God I don't want an innocent man in prison...." [shrugs]

Please don't quote me.

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9339 on: May 16, 2012, 12:19:41 pm »

So I apparently have most of the markers of a psychopathic personality (psychological, not medical). I jokingly went to an online Rorschach test and answered honestly. I failed with a high percentage. I am apparently quite disturbed. I find this amusing and strange at the same time.

Funnily enough it explains several aspects of how I interact with people, fail to notice emotional facial cues when I don't know them, how I dress (either very formal or layered, even in summer), and act in public. It also explains my tolerance of seeing 'horrific' things (surgeries included). Anyone else in the same strange boat?

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #9340 on: May 16, 2012, 12:40:39 pm »

Bro, you're asking that on the wrong forum.
WE ALL PLAY A GAME WHERE YOU CAN RIP THE LIMBS OFF EVERYBODY YOU MEET ONE BY ONE!
So i guess yes.
But not inheritantly.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #9341 on: May 16, 2012, 12:41:50 pm »

So I apparently have most of the markers of a psychopathic personality (psychological, not medical). I jokingly went to an online Rorschach test and answered honestly. I failed with a high percentage. I am apparently quite disturbed. I find this amusing and strange at the same time.

Funnily enough it explains several aspects of how I interact with people, fail to notice emotional facial cues when I don't know them, how I dress (either very formal or layered, even in summer), and act in public. It also explains my tolerance of seeing 'horrific' things (surgeries included). Anyone else in the same strange boat?
I recall reading somewhere, might've been here, that a large percentage of the population could be considered psychopathic by these tests.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #9342 on: May 16, 2012, 12:43:03 pm »

Yeah, I was gonna say....two words: Mermaid farming.

B12 probably has a lot of people who are leaning in the direction of psychopathy.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #9343 on: May 16, 2012, 12:45:03 pm »

I jokingly went to an online Rorschach test

Correlation doesn't imply causation. Take any online test, you can guarantee it'll call you a narcissistic sociopath hell bent on destroying all sentient life on Earth, and ask kindly for some money to fix/take a new test/talk to a robot.

Also, "explaining how you x"
A lot of people all do one thing. You could effectively call everyone who does y mainstream thing psychopathic, and prove it by justifying it with this test 'ere

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #9344 on: May 16, 2012, 12:45:52 pm »

Yeah, but as long as all that is in your hear it's cool :)

Also, I notice a pattern, I'm not that sleepy, but as soon as I take a book or a notebook to study I start incessantly yawning, it happens every few minutes and it's extremely distracting. I know the stuff is kind of boring but it can't be that boring since nothing else can make me do that with such regularity :/
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG
Pages: 1 ... 621 622 [623] 624 625 ... 11037