Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 610 611 [612] 613 614 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14470832 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #9165 on: May 12, 2012, 10:43:41 pm »

Sadly, I'm beginning to approach the point where I automatically assume that every police officer is a sadistic, powerhungry bastard looking for an excuse to attack me, because it is safer for me to base my actions off of that than the idea that police are there to protect and serve.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Cyprinus

« Reply #9166 on: May 12, 2012, 10:56:11 pm »

On an unrelated WTF note: I just watched a recording of an Age of Empires II game where one player used the late game Spanish civ unique tech that buffed his basic workers and just annihilated his opponent. I am both amused and disgusted by such underhanded tactics.

Whaddya mean "underhanded"?! Isn't that what you're supposed to do with maxed-out Spanish gatherers with the "Supremacy" and "Sapper" skills?

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9167 on: May 12, 2012, 10:58:12 pm »

On an unrelated WTF note: I just watched a recording of an Age of Empires II game where one player used the late game Spanish civ unique tech that buffed his basic workers and just annihilated his opponent. I am both amused and disgusted by such underhanded tactics.

Whaddya mean "underhanded"?! Isn't that what you're supposed to do with maxed-out Spanish gatherers with the "Supremacy" and "Sapper" skills?
Yeah, that's less "underhanded" (even as a backwards compliment) and more "straightforward". Techs are there to be used.

3. Run Resize Enable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9168 on: May 12, 2012, 11:03:18 pm »

Early rushes are standard in AoE2. In medieval Russia tech is cheese?

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9169 on: May 12, 2012, 11:04:56 pm »

More to the point, if his opponent let him get to the endgame as the Spanish, it's his own fault.

3. Run Resize Enable

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9170 on: May 12, 2012, 11:07:40 pm »

I tried doing that, but I forgot about the whole "Supremacy is for the Spanish only" bit, so they all died.

e: I have a question. What do the numbers in an IP mean? For example, in 127.90.55.14 (random numbers I just banged up), does the 127 mean what region the IP is in? Do the other numbers specify exactly where? Man, I am so confused by all this.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2012, 01:03:45 am by SirAaronIII »
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #9171 on: May 13, 2012, 03:58:31 am »

I can't fucking BELIEVE THIS.

I spent the afternoon hanging out and blasting punk/goth rock with this random 40 year old bald guy who lives around the corner from me, who said he really likes my style and attitude and wants to work with me.

I just found out that he's extremely famous, has hosted rock shows, VH1 shows, Headbanger's Ball, has a show on MTV/2, hosts a nationwide weekend rock radio program, hosted a local rock radio station in NJ and NY for years, is on 1st-name-basis with just about every major rock group in since the early 80s, and is pretty much a living testament to the awesomeness of every god damned kickass goth and punk band I fucking adore, most of which he's met and played with. He's in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, for fuck sake.

And he's my neighbor. And wants me to work with him.

HOLY FUCKING SHIT. I've lived here all of 3 days and I'm already involved in a rock band as a lyricist and vocalist, am getting back to playing guitar and piano, met 20 or so AWESOME people, have been partying non-stop, and am having a fucking BLAST!

I'm going to really, really like living here.
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9172 on: May 13, 2012, 03:59:57 am »

High five, and that should go in the happy thread.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9173 on: May 13, 2012, 04:00:50 am »

Here's hoping you become a rock star!
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #9174 on: May 13, 2012, 04:00:59 am »

High five, and that should go in the happy thread.

I took your suggestion and posted it there as well.
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #9175 on: May 13, 2012, 06:28:07 am »

Nevar forget bay12 Ehndras :P

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #9176 on: May 13, 2012, 06:39:30 am »

e: I have a question. What do the numbers in an IP mean? For example, in 127.90.55.14 (random numbers I just banged up), does the 127 mean what region the IP is in? Do the other numbers specify exactly where? Man, I am so confused by all this.

Roughly. Each top-level portion (called a Class A block, or now they're calling them /8 blocks for some reason) has a specific assignment. A number of major tech corporations (like Xerox, IBM, HP, Apple, etc.) have their own blocks. The Pentagon holds well over a dozen Class A's. But for the more "public use" blocks up in the 200's, there's not necessarily a geographic correlation because they're subdivided up among various ISPs, resold, etc.

Oh, and 127 is one you'd never see in the real-world, as it's reserved for loopback (such as 127.0.0.1)

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9177 on: May 13, 2012, 09:00:05 am »

That's pretty damn awesome. Good luck with it!

3. Run Resize Enable

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9178 on: May 13, 2012, 12:04:37 pm »

My internal thought process today:
I cut my knee badly yesterday and there is still a bit of blood on the leg of my pants. I don't have time to run them through the wash before work.

No one will mind.

Wait. What?

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9179 on: May 13, 2012, 01:09:12 pm »

Roughly. Each top-level portion (called a Class A block, or now they're calling them /8 blocks for some reason) has a specific assignment. A number of major tech corporations (like Xerox, IBM, HP, Apple, etc.) have their own blocks. The Pentagon holds well over a dozen Class A's. But for the more "public use" blocks up in the 200's, there's not necessarily a geographic correlation because they're subdivided up among various ISPs, resold, etc.

Oh, and 127 is one you'd never see in the real-world, as it's reserved for loopback (such as 127.0.0.1)
Okay, thanks, that helps a lot. :D
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."
Pages: 1 ... 610 611 [612] 613 614 ... 11037