Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 596 597 [598] 599 600 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14470986 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #8955 on: May 08, 2012, 11:43:55 am »

I often have difficulty when I come to a crossing at the same time as a car and the driver waves me through instead of flooring it, because there is always that little voice in the back of my head that they just don't want to have to hop the curb to get me.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

automaticsquid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8956 on: May 08, 2012, 11:45:37 am »

man crosswalk stuff really upsets me. when i was in high school i had to walk across this one crosswalk every morning to get to school and people were just horrible about it every single day its like nobody cares about traffic laws at all.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8957 on: May 08, 2012, 11:52:31 am »

Personally, I want to see more of those overhead bridges across the street, like the ones I've seen in GTA3.

And yes, I'm using something from a game about stealing cars and killing people to point about something that makes crossing the street safer.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8958 on: May 08, 2012, 11:54:29 am »

I really dislike driving under them. I have an irrational fear of being hit by things falling from them. These things tend to be either housebricks or people.

Just to clarify, this is real life, not in GTA.
This is a blank sig.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8959 on: May 08, 2012, 11:55:51 am »

The only times I see those are in connected parts of the same building complex downtown, and over a highway in the middle of nowhere.

I don't really get bothered by traffic, though, because I had to jaywalk across a busy road during rush hour every day for all three years of junior high and got to be really good at timing my dashes.

I really dislike driving under them. I have an irrational fear of being hit by things falling from them. These things tend to be either housebricks or people.

Just to clarify, this is real life, not in GTA.

Or asshats dropping things on cars.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

bitesh

• Bay Watcher
  • Remember, FTW is WTF spelled backwards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8960 on: May 08, 2012, 11:57:05 am »

Personally, I want to see more of those overhead bridges across the street, like the ones I've seen in GTA3.

And yes, I'm using something from a game about stealing cars and killing people to point about something that makes crossing the street safer.
Yeah, I've seen plenty of those, and people crossing a busy freeway below them, because "hey, no way I'm gonna walk another 5m and climb that flight of stairs". They'd rather get splattered all over the asphalt, it seems. And it'll still be the driver's fault. It's always the driver's fault.
It only takes a second to show someone how you feel about them. The police call it "indecent exposure", but whatever.
Quote from: I-Ching
You lose your efficacious tortoise, and look at me till your jaw falls down.

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #8961 on: May 08, 2012, 12:29:12 pm »

I..I saw something that should not be seen. Here's a hint, it involves a chicken, and a man. Who isn't wearing clothes.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8962 on: May 08, 2012, 12:33:56 pm »

I often have difficulty when I come to a crossing at the same time as a car and the driver waves me through instead of flooring it, because there is always that little voice in the back of my head that they just don't want to have to hop the curb to get me.
God yes, I think this all the time.

Also, the weirdest thing about the "go ahead and cross lights" around here is, as a pedestrian, you still have to watch out for cars coming from THREE different directions. Three directions worth of cars that all have a green light to drive over the crosswalk despite the safe to cross light. WTF, man, WTF. Why even both with the safe-to-cross light? Seriously?

I tend to avoid the crosswalks completely and cross mid-road, because it means I have fewer death sources to be careful of. I swear that crosswalks are the most dangerous place to cross.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #8963 on: May 08, 2012, 12:38:58 pm »

Scientists discover carnivorous algae in Danish waters

If we imagine an African savannah, this would roughly correspond to the grass suddenly jumping up, attacking and starting to eat the gazelle.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8964 on: May 08, 2012, 12:44:22 pm »

If we imagine an African savannah, this would roughly correspond to the grass suddenly jumping up, attacking and starting to eat the gazelle.

OH GOD SLIME MOLDS

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #8965 on: May 08, 2012, 12:55:27 pm »

I..I saw something that should not be seen. Here's a hint, it involves a chicken, and a man. Who isn't wearing clothes.

A chicken gave birth to a human? That's awesome!

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #8966 on: May 08, 2012, 01:08:04 pm »

We have one of those going over the freeway right by my neighborhood. It's almost completely encased in fencing, so it's hard to throw much off of.

Nobody uses it, though. I've seen someone on it maybe three or four times in six years. It's an incredibly useless piece of concrete in a place that doesn't have sidewalks in most streets.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #8967 on: May 08, 2012, 01:44:10 pm »

I was banned from certain forum I frequent for jokingly stating a fact.

Just what ._.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8968 on: May 08, 2012, 01:44:33 pm »

OH GOD SLIME MOLDS

I can't wait until these things are weaponized.

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #8969 on: May 08, 2012, 01:47:00 pm »

A chicken gave birth to a human? That's awesome!
No, worse.. The human was making the chicken give birth, if you catch my drift.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.
Pages: 1 ... 596 597 [598] 599 600 ... 11037