Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 587 588 [589] 590 591 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14470926 times)

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #8821 on: May 06, 2012, 08:29:57 pm »

The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8822 on: May 06, 2012, 08:41:16 pm »

There's only one logical explanation:

Too many people tried to shoot the damn fruitcakes, so armor was needed.

Is it sad that i can eat that crap without hurling?

Mr. Palau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
you can't just go up to people and get laid.

GalenEvil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Mac-Man Games
« Reply #8824 on: May 06, 2012, 08:49:50 pm »

Probably yes, but perhaps no as well? I am still trying to digest the information in that link, but will get back to ya about it!

fauxedit! Since Mr. Palau posted while I was typing this up, and I got a chance to actually read the link: No, it's perfectly okay that you can eat old as hell fruitcake that has been vacpacked into an MRE. I hate fruitcake but I will eat it if necessary and can generally hold it down long enough for it to get digested. I have never tried an MREFruitcake though, so can't really give a good report on the validity of the above statement.
Fun is Fun......Done is Done... or is that Done is !!FUN!!?
Quote from: Mr Frog
Digging's a lot like surgery, see -- you grab the sharp thing and then drive the sharp end of the sharp thing in as hard as you can and then stuff goes flying and then stuff falls out and then there's a big hole and you're done. I kinda wish there was more screaming, but rocks don't hurt so I guess it can't be helped.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8825 on: May 06, 2012, 08:50:46 pm »

Probably yes, but perhaps no as well? I am still trying to digest the information in that link, but will get back to ya about it!

fauxedit! Since Mr. Palau posted while I was typing this up, and I got a chance to actually read the link: No, it's perfectly okay that you can eat old as hell fruitcake that has been vacpacked into an MRE. I hate fruitcake but I will eat it if necessary and can generally hold it down long enough for it to get digested. I have never tried an MREFruitcake though, so can't really give a good report on the validity of the above statement.
MRE's are awesome.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8826 on: May 06, 2012, 08:52:34 pm »

Well lets put it this way, the new MREs me and my brother acquired, deduced that chicken was tuna and tuna was chicken. Same smell taste and texture and the cat ate the chicken, she hates everything but fish! O_o

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8827 on: May 06, 2012, 08:57:01 pm »

Did you see the ninjas?

Neither did I.

No, really: http://kotaku.com/5906880/how-call-of-duty-is-making-anonymous-the-enemy
Is anyone really surprised though? Most video game companies don't really like hackers since they crack their games. (Please note that I know the difference between crackers and hackers. I doubt the video game companies care though)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8828 on: May 06, 2012, 09:01:12 pm »

Whether or not they like it, it will happen. Stop making a fuss about it all the time and it'll be less of a problem. (in the out of sight out of mind sort of way. not anyway that would actually be better.)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8829 on: May 06, 2012, 09:02:37 pm »

MRE's are awesome.

I don't know alot about them, but aren't MRE's like super canned food, able to last forever pretty much?

GalenEvil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Mac-Man Games
« Reply #8830 on: May 06, 2012, 09:03:20 pm »

Lol. Oh, i have a wtf from last night:

While going downstairs to grab another beer I was accosted by a 2.5-3' long black snake slithering its way toward me. I looked at it for a moment and it kept coming closer. I stepped toward it and made a semi-guttural humming sound and it stopped, momentarily, before drawing itself up into a defensive posture. I moved, it moved. I grabbed the fridge-side machete and stood ready for it to strike. It lunged forth and clamped onto a really bad spot, the tip of my steel toed shoes. I looked at it a moment while not feeling any venom coursing into my foot. Reached down and grabbed it behind its head and made it release. I looked at it for a little while and noticed that it had been scratched up by something and has an open and puss-oozing wound about 2/3rds down its length. I felt sad for it and put down the machoknife and took it outside. I like snakes, and so hoped that it would just scurry off somewhere to heal. Fate would not allow it though; my not killing it with the machete forced it to be taken up by an owl shortly after it slithered into my lawn :'( And so goes a nice black snake, not even venomous enough to harm me, into the night riding the Owl train.
Fun is Fun......Done is Done... or is that Done is !!FUN!!?
Quote from: Mr Frog
Digging's a lot like surgery, see -- you grab the sharp thing and then drive the sharp end of the sharp thing in as hard as you can and then stuff goes flying and then stuff falls out and then there's a big hole and you're done. I kinda wish there was more screaming, but rocks don't hurt so I guess it can't be helped.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8831 on: May 06, 2012, 09:05:12 pm »

MRE's are awesome.

I don't know alot about them, but aren't MRE's like super canned food, able to last forever pretty much?
Technically in pouches or freeze-dried, they are suppose to last for 5 years in ideal conditions.

the canned stuff is MCI or C rations. they seem to last longer than their early pouch brothers.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8832 on: May 06, 2012, 09:05:32 pm »

MRE's are awesome.

Yep. Most of them are pretty much palatable too. MRE stands for Meal Read to Eat, BTW.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8833 on: May 06, 2012, 09:06:30 pm »

Did you see the ninjas?

Neither did I.

No, really: http://kotaku.com/5906880/how-call-of-duty-is-making-anonymous-the-enemy
Call of Duty tends to take place in a weird fantasy universe where the Russians are still coming to get us.  If that's acceptable then I'm not sure what the problem is with adding hackers to the list of fantasy enemies.  Heck, it could at least provide vaguely interesting game mechanics by having your air support turn on you.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8834 on: May 06, 2012, 09:11:24 pm »

Call of Duty going all out fantastical would probably be the best thing to happen to the series.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.
Pages: 1 ... 587 588 [589] 590 591 ... 11037