Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 544 545 [546] 547 548 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14473702 times)

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #8175 on: April 20, 2012, 07:37:37 pm »

Such lovely colours.
*shivers*Why do I suddenly hear buzzing and feel things crawling on me? D:
LSD.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #8176 on: April 20, 2012, 07:39:39 pm »

Some spiders and insects are cute, you know! >:|
Such as?
Honeybees are kinda cute and fuzzy. Shame that I'm terrified of stinging insects, but that's more a general phobia than anything else. Don't forget butterflies, some moths, ladybugs, and those roly-poly things I don't know the proper name of.
Butterflies are terrifying if you look at a magnified picture of them.
Common Wasps are adorable close up.
Such lovely colours.
*shivers*
Why do I suddenly hear buzzing and feel things crawling on me? D:

They just want to be friends with you.
I DUN WANNA BE FRIENDS D:

Just look at it, its rather cute for a bug, no?

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #8177 on: April 20, 2012, 07:43:58 pm »

Such as?
Honeybees are kinda cute and fuzzy. Shame that I'm terrified of stinging insects, but that's more a general phobia than anything else. Don't forget butterflies, some moths, ladybugs, and those roly-poly things I don't know the proper name of.
Such lovely colours.
*shivers*

.... [looks, peeking out from hiding behind you]....

Ok, that's not a spider though.

So, maybe.... It kinda is I guess. Maybe, as long as it stays curled up or at least not on me.
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Fenrir

• Bay Watcher
  • The Monstrous Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #8178 on: April 20, 2012, 07:44:37 pm »

Of course it does. Its ugliest bits are hidden in that position.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #8179 on: April 20, 2012, 07:45:06 pm »

Of course it does. Its ugliest bits are hidden in that position.
This.  They're horrible underneath.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8180 on: April 20, 2012, 07:45:38 pm »

Such as?
Such lovely colours.
*shivers*

Those things don't buzz or sting. Therefore, I don't mind them. It's the wasps/bees/GIANT HORNETS FROM JAPAN that scare me.

@ Truean: Apparently, those things are used to help keep tarantula cages clean. They're like little, roly-poly maids!
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8181 on: April 20, 2012, 07:46:54 pm »

Cowboys Vs. Aliens. Holy shit. What the hell is going on? Crappy, crappy movie. I'm not sure why I expected anything different, I'm just surprised at the amazing amount of crap. It has no plot.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Fenrir

• Bay Watcher
  • The Monstrous Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #8182 on: April 20, 2012, 07:47:11 pm »

Such as?
Such lovely colours.
*shivers*

Those things don't buzz or sting. Therefore, I don't mind them. It's the wasps/bees/GIANT HORNETS FROM JAPAN that scare me.

@ Truean: Apparently, those things are used to help keep tarantula cages clean. They're like little, roly-poly maids!
Little roly-poly maids for hideous, dreadful masters.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #8183 on: April 20, 2012, 07:47:52 pm »

Such as?
Such lovely colours.
*shivers*

AHHHHHH! I knew it. It's WORKING for the spider!  :( [hides behind skyrunner]
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8184 on: April 20, 2012, 07:52:59 pm »

Honestly, even underneath they're not overly offensive... just kindof white and legged.  They've gotta be one of the least threatening bugs considering they clearly just want to be left alone.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8185 on: April 20, 2012, 07:56:03 pm »

Cowboys Vs. Aliens. Holy shit. What the hell is going on? Crappy, crappy movie. I'm not sure why I expected anything different, I'm just surprised at the amazing amount of crap. It has no plot.
Really? I found it decidedly adequate. Had some good parts, even; I liked the preacher dude.

Only part I found actually bad would be the alien chick and the villain motivation. Alien chick was annoying and the bad guys going after gold is silly, since gold can be found a lot easier in places other than earth.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #8186 on: April 20, 2012, 07:56:23 pm »

*pats Truean*

Now let's go meet the brown recluse spider! :3
« Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 07:58:30 pm by Skyrunner »

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8187 on: April 20, 2012, 08:01:01 pm »

Really? I found it decidedly adequate. Had some good parts, even; I liked the preacher dude.

Only part I found actually bad would be the alien chick and the villain motivation. Alien chick was annoying and the bad guys going after gold is silly, since gold can be found a lot easier in places other than earth.
The gold thing is to provide parallels to the Gold Rushes of American expansion. Aliens desire gold, move to a place, mine up the gold while killing natives with superior technology.

I also found it a fun, if somewhat mindless movie. A good popcorn flick.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8188 on: April 20, 2012, 08:05:07 pm »

Yeah I got the analogy and it might be a necessary plot hole to get the message across, but a plot hole nonetheless.

I don't know much astrological geology but aren't there planets in this solar system with higher concentrations of gold than Earth by a large margin?
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #8189 on: April 20, 2012, 08:05:41 pm »

IIRC the comic it was based on had the aliens as colonists, from what I heard when they learn this the racist guy shouts out "What right so they have to come in here and steal our land!" at the campfire. Then all the indians stare at him.
It's FEF, not FEOF
Pages: 1 ... 544 545 [546] 547 548 ... 11037