Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 538 539 [540] 541 542 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14478525 times)

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #8085 on: April 19, 2012, 04:17:58 pm »

Spoiler alert: Your roommate is actually that girl.

Anyway, my eyes just started bleeding after reading a status containing the unfortunate combination of the words 'dye' and 'hard'.

'Dye Hard' would be the best name for a hair salon, ever.

If I won a mega-lotto, I would buy a strip mall, and only allow sore with funny names.

"The Mein Event" for asian noodles for example.
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8086 on: April 19, 2012, 05:43:30 pm »

I was having an argument about the 4th amendment elsewhere on the internet and someone started listing off "communist dictators" to compare to Obama. That list included Hitler and Mussolini.

It's funny because fascism is practically the opposite of communism and those two are most certainly fascist dictators.
As the primary American image of Communism is Stalin and the Kims of North Korea, (all four of which show extremely prominent Facist traits), one must not be too hard on people for muddling the two together.
Well fascism as defined by Mussolini, who is sort of the inventor, was about structuring society after the military, big traits are conscription, state leaders being the military leaders, and a heavy emphasis on unity, order, and a national identity, usually there's also a big cult of personality surrounding the state leader.

Look at the major communist states, like the Soviet Union, or Communist China (in the old days when it was really communist), and you'll see those exact same values.

Of course, I think that's more because communist leaders tend to be actually fascist, rather than fascists tending to be communist, even though fascist often had a lot of socialization and governments taking over factories and such.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #8087 on: April 19, 2012, 05:44:14 pm »

Re: fan fiction: What the blazes does a paring mean when it's X/Y/X? Is there, like, an extra copy of character X running around or somethin'? I've been seeing that bloody setup for years now with zero comprehension as to what it entails.

Seems to show up solely on poorly written (in the sense that even the summary is cringe inducing) slash fics :-\
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8088 on: April 19, 2012, 05:53:29 pm »

My first suspicion would be a love triangle, but with the same character?

I'm as confused as you are.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8089 on: April 19, 2012, 05:55:46 pm »

Clones.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #8090 on: April 19, 2012, 06:03:26 pm »

I was having an argument about the 4th amendment elsewhere on the internet and someone started listing off "communist dictators" to compare to Obama. That list included Hitler and Mussolini.

It's funny because fascism is practically the opposite of communism and those two are most certainly fascist dictators.
As the primary American image of Communism is Stalin and the Kims of North Korea, (all four of which show extremely prominent Facist traits), one must not be too hard on people for muddling the two together.
Well fascism as defined by Mussolini, who is sort of the inventor, was about structuring society after the military, big traits are conscription, state leaders being the military leaders, and a heavy emphasis on unity, order, and a national identity, usually there's also a big cult of personality surrounding the state leader.

Look at the major communist states, like the Soviet Union, or Communist China (in the old days when it was really communist), and you'll see those exact same values.

Of course, I think that's more because communist leaders tend to be actually fascist, rather than fascists tending to be communist, even though fascist often had a lot of socialization and governments taking over factories and such.
Thank you. That's really what I was trying to say, but was having a difficult time expressing without an essay. Point was that confusing the two is not exactly unreasonable for laypersons, due to that fact.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Lord Dullard

• Bay Watcher
  • Indubitably.
    • View Profile
    • Cult: Awakening of the Old Ones
« Reply #8091 on: April 19, 2012, 07:06:15 pm »

Spoiler alert: Your roommate is actually that girl.

Anyway, my eyes just started bleeding after reading a status containing the unfortunate combination of the words 'dye' and 'hard'.

'Dye Hard' would be the best name for a hair salon, ever.

If I won a mega-lotto, I would buy a strip mall, and only allow sore with funny names.

"The Mein Event" for asian noodles for example.

Ironically, Chinese people wouldn't get your joke. In Chinese it is pronounced 'mee-ehn'.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #8092 on: April 19, 2012, 07:09:00 pm »

But Chinese-Americans will!

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8093 on: April 19, 2012, 07:19:20 pm »

So, I'm not sure why I'm going to do this, but I am.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
:o

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8094 on: April 19, 2012, 07:22:27 pm »

BAHAHAHAAA
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8095 on: April 19, 2012, 07:26:38 pm »

Hallucinations?

Well shit, pass me the shrooms man!
*Hugs*

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8096 on: April 19, 2012, 07:30:42 pm »

I sense a pattern.

I also sense that you took one look at that pattern, and said "Nope, not putting Descan in there. Too risky." :P
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site
« Reply #8097 on: April 19, 2012, 07:34:31 pm »

Re: fan fiction: What the blazes does a paring mean when it's X/Y/X? Is there, like, an extra copy of character X running around or somethin'? I've been seeing that bloody setup for years now with zero comprehension as to what it entails.

Seems to show up solely on poorly written (in the sense that even the summary is cringe inducing) slash fics :-\

Usually X/Y would be in the order of 'dominance'; so X/Y/X could be a story where X leads Y into a situation, but then Y takes control.
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #8098 on: April 19, 2012, 07:37:44 pm »

Usually X/Y would be in the order of 'dominance'; so X/Y/X could be a story where X leads Y into a situation, but then Y takes control.

^^^
Chromosome romance. <---- I'm suggesting this as a band name.
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Fenrir

• Bay Watcher
  • The Monstrous Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #8099 on: April 19, 2012, 07:53:10 pm »

By Studio Deen, a 13 episode drama anime about the rise and fall of Fenrir's moe-ness.

By Studio Pierrot, a 5000 episode yuri anime about the former glory of Fenrir's yandere stalker.

By White Fox, a 25 episode magical girl anime about Fenrir saving the entire forum from a spammer's pantsu.
I have no idea what a ‘pantsu’ is, but I saved you all from it.
Pages: 1 ... 538 539 [540] 541 542 ... 11037