Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 522 523 [524] 525 526 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14462645 times)

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #7845 on: April 15, 2012, 09:35:50 pm »

Doesnt Hegre have a rather conservative reputation?
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7847 on: April 15, 2012, 09:54:13 pm »

Thats an Ipod game, though. I'd been expecting a forum topic or something.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7848 on: April 15, 2012, 09:57:37 pm »

I seem to recall that the stuff he did of TinTin in Africa was chock full of racist caricatures.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Kilroy the Grand

• Bay Watcher
  • I only want to give you a small kiss
    • View Profile
« Reply #7849 on: April 15, 2012, 10:10:02 pm »

I seem to recall that the stuff he did of TinTin in Africa was chock full of racist caricatures.
He's dutch so I can give him some slack, the dutch thought they were being... helpful.

In other news, I got called Black Jack Johnson. I was not amused.
*pew* *blam* "Aughgghggurglegurgle..." *slither* *slither* *pit* *pat* *tap* *click-click* *BOOM* "Aiiieeegurgle gurgle..."
X-com meets Dwarf Fortress

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #7850 on: April 15, 2012, 10:20:32 pm »

Current Events (the most popular social board there) is on its 412th MLP topic, which currently has 349 posts, making 205849 posts of MLP discussion.

It went up to 364 in the time it took to post this.

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #7851 on: April 15, 2012, 11:47:43 pm »

WHY IS THIS SO CATCHY
Seriously, it's like they're two halves of the same song!
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #7852 on: April 15, 2012, 11:51:15 pm »

As it turns out, the most memorable music from my childhood is totally plagiarized.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7853 on: April 16, 2012, 06:21:45 am »

Current Events (the most popular social board there) is on its 412th MLP topic, which currently has 349 posts, making 205849 posts of MLP discussion.

It went up to 364 in the time it took to post this.
That's nothing.

MMO Champion, the biggest WoW fansite, had a topic with 240,000 posts. Back in September of last year. It broke the forum. They've crested over 500,000 posts now over the course of 6 threads.

To be fair it's around 50 people using the topic as a chatroom more than anything else, but still.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #7854 on: April 16, 2012, 12:29:32 pm »

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #7855 on: April 16, 2012, 12:53:39 pm »

http://gma.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blogs/granny-drug-kingpin-busted-oklahoma-142202087--abc-news-topstories.html

This is why we need to protect social security and other retirement funds.... Granny: the face of the modern war on drugs. :P
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7856 on: April 16, 2012, 01:02:57 pm »

I'm shocked that she had weapons in there. I'm quite chill about the drug part but the idea of a granny pistol whipping a subpar dealer disturbs me. Someone doesn't fill their quota and gets a Vader style treatment from her: "You have failed me".

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7857 on: April 16, 2012, 01:06:51 pm »

Aren't transexuals still very much "one or the other", though?  As in their preferred gender.  It's surely more excluding those with intersex conditions, which are actually more common than you might think.

I know 3 people who are getting treatment to be Gender Neutral, and that sort of claim (And the book itself) would get sharply worded answers from each of them.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7858 on: April 16, 2012, 01:28:10 pm »

Aren't transexuals still very much "one or the other", though?  As in their preferred gender.  It's surely more excluding those with intersex conditions, which are actually more common than you might think.

I know 3 people who are getting treatment to be Gender Neutral, and that sort of claim (And the book itself) would get sharply worded answers from each of them.
We're going to have to reinvent the English language to be gender neutral at some point.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #7859 on: April 16, 2012, 01:28:57 pm »

I'm shocked that she had weapons in there. I'm quite chill about the drug part but the idea of a granny pistol whipping a subpar dealer disturbs me. Someone doesn't fill their quota and gets a Vader style treatment from her: "You have failed me".

This is what people who don't understand why drugs are illegal don't get. Yes, their being contraband contributes to violence in distribution, but it is not solely responsible for it. I'm surprised she didn't have more weapons.

Being transgender but unable to transition due to societal concerns myself, I could care less what words are used. A rose by any other name. Shit by any other name.... It's how you think about things and what values you assign to them, not what you call them. Funny, I've been called a misogynist for this. Odd saying I hate women given that I desperately wanna be one.

I can make words that ordinarily sound like the most loving, tender and respectful things, mean unspeakably horrible things depending on how I use them. Hell, the sheer number of "friends" who say they are ok with it and then disappear off the face of the earth prove that to me. "O I support you 100%." <--- Never returns phone calls; refuses to talk or acknowledge presence....

Lipservice to appease the guilty consciences of people who don't give a shit enough to actually care. Fuck. Them. All. Painfully. Slowly. In. Agony. As. They. Beg. For. It. To. Stop. The only thing worse than not caring is pretending to.

We're going to have to reinvent the English language to be gender neutral at some point.
If people actually wanted that, they could just use the pronoun "One." As in "one went to the market," instead of "he or she went to the market." Except that sounds weird when you say it.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 01:34:21 pm by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.
Pages: 1 ... 522 523 [524] 525 526 ... 11040