Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 500 501 [502] 503 504 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14461523 times)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #7515 on: April 10, 2012, 09:57:25 am »

Meh, you're not the only one. Or at least I'm not the only one who didn't get orz at first.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #7518 on: April 10, 2012, 12:06:00 pm »

I'm a bad person.

Quote from: my reply
THIS SOUNDS GREAT BUT ARE YOU PREPARED TO GAMBLE YOUR LIFE ON THIS?

> From:Mrs.sarah devraj.
> Greetings to you and sorry if this message came to you as a surprise. My
> name is Mrs.sarah devraj a widow, I found your email address through my
> husband internet dater late Dr.Brown David devraj.
> I am presently admitted at the hospital suffering from a blood cancer, a
> Brain Tumor. I have some funds at bank inherited from my late husband the
> amount of $3,500.000.I wish to know if I can trust you to use the funds
> for charity and %10 will go to you as compensation. Kindle get back to me
> so that I will give you more details.
> Yours in Christ,
> Mrs.sarah devraj
Quote from:  their response
I thank you for your mail message to me.if it is will of God for me to sacrifice my life in this let it be done.
But i want to ask you a question,are you willing to work for God?

Your's in christ
Mrs.Sarah Devraj

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #7519 on: April 10, 2012, 12:09:36 pm »

The client fastened the papers together with a rivet.... No joke. A staple would've done the job, but whatever's handy.... It actually looks kind of neat, but I don't know how that's going through the copy machine....
« Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 12:32:24 pm by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7520 on: April 10, 2012, 12:15:57 pm »

I'm a bad person.
-snip-

Tell them that you already work for Armok! Blood for the Blood God!

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7521 on: April 10, 2012, 12:33:08 pm »

Query:
orz
?
That is *funny*. You think you *see* Orz but Orz are not *light reflections*.
Maybe you think Orz are *many bubbles* too. It is such a joke.
Orz are not *many bubbles* like *campers*. Orz are just Orz.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #7522 on: April 10, 2012, 12:38:11 pm »

The client fastened the papers together with a rivet.... No joke. A staple would've done the job, but whatever's handy.... It actually looks kind of neat, but I don't know how that's going through the copy machine....
Hm. If you figure out the copy machine bit, see if you can figure out a quick and efficient way of doing it yourself. See how long it takes for it to become official lawyer practice in your area.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7523 on: April 10, 2012, 12:39:04 pm »

Query:
orz
?
The fact that you don't see a person bowing down in shame only serves to prove my point.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7524 on: April 10, 2012, 12:43:08 pm »

I know that one, but I think its much funnier to think of it as an actual reference to Orz whenever I see it :P

Truean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7525 on: April 10, 2012, 12:47:22 pm »

Hm. If you figure out the copy machine bit, see if you can figure out a quick and efficient way of doing it yourself. See how long it takes for it to become official lawyer practice in your area.

In a sense it'd be sorta genius as an anti tampering device. It would be physically impossible to slip in another page, which while good for anti fraud purposes, it would be impossible to slip in legitimate pages, such as a signature page or an amendment.

The rivet is literally a solid piece of metal that is bent to hold the pieces together. Short of grinding off the damn thing, I'm not sure how it could actually be separated. :P Currently I use watermarks and side signatures along with other things to prevent fraud, but I never considered a rivet.

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #7526 on: April 10, 2012, 12:56:53 pm »

Yeah, I never thought of doing them with paper. You'd pretty much have to tear the whole chunk off if you wanted to do something like copy it, I suppose, and insertions are impossible without some sort of overcomplicated system to slip the rivet into a pre-punched hole and then reattach the flaps of paper you had to separate (if that mental image makes any sense). So I guess only for final drafts, which I suspect in a legal field are the fevered dream of a madman.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7527 on: April 10, 2012, 01:06:12 pm »

Yeah, I never thought of doing them with paper. You'd pretty much have to tear the whole chunk off if you wanted to do something like copy it, I suppose, and insertions are impossible without some sort of overcomplicated system to slip the rivet into a pre-punched hole and then reattach the flaps of paper you had to separate (if that mental image makes any sense). So I guess only for final drafts, which I suspect in a legal field are the fevered dream of a madman.

lol yup. Just like having health insurance is. Whole profession is nuts. [rant] people complain about fees, but just office rent and dare I say paying a secretary is expensive as hell [/rant].

Please don't quote me.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #7528 on: April 10, 2012, 01:08:35 pm »

I would bet cash you pay more for printer paper each month than I make in a day. And don't get you started on the toner!

Truean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7529 on: April 10, 2012, 01:12:00 pm »

I would bet cash you pay more for printer paper each month than I make in a day. And don't get you started on the toner!

Probably. Don't even consider multiple phone lines or a dedicated fax line (which I'm discontinuing in favor of scanned email images). Shit is $300/month for the whole office phone system. So when people complain about how it's, "So expensive" I just sorta have to tune out a little bit. God knows I've tried to keep costs down but the secretary has this addiction to food.... So do I. That doesn't even touch my student loans either.... I pay more for those than many people make in a year.

Please don't quote me.
Pages: 1 ... 500 501 [502] 503 504 ... 11040