Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 488 489 [490] 491 492 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14460740 times)

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #7335 on: April 05, 2012, 12:26:24 am »

I honestly read that post several times as "John Lemon", wondering if it was some kind of joke
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #7336 on: April 05, 2012, 03:03:17 am »

I momentarily forgot my own name.  Or rather had some sort of temporary disassociative event thing regarding it.  That's what I get for forgoing human interaction in favour of late-night internetting, I guess.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #7337 on: April 05, 2012, 03:17:41 am »

I momentarily forgot my own name.  Or rather had some sort of temporary disassociative event thing regarding it.  That's what I get for forgoing human interaction in favour of late-night internetting, I guess.
Fear names. Names have power in identity. Others can use names as weapons. Names are a hook that can be used to track you. Remain nameless, and you shall be safe.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #7338 on: April 05, 2012, 03:23:03 am »

Also if someone knows your name they can put a hex on you.
Shoes...

Mini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7339 on: April 05, 2012, 03:43:02 am »

Does your internet name count? Even if people are using it for you IRL? Even if YOU are more comfortable using it IRL?

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7340 on: April 05, 2012, 04:46:58 am »

Hell I "identify" more with Kaijyuu than my real name. I don't use Kai in real life since it's silly, but it is a name I chose for myself instead of having it chosen for me.

But what is a name? A rose by any other name would smell as sweet.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7341 on: April 05, 2012, 04:52:45 am »

Would you say that names are simply arbitrary titles we place on ourselves for the purely pragmatic purpose of identification by others, and they could be swapped and interchanged without changing anything?

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7342 on: April 05, 2012, 05:41:59 am »

As with any other symbol, yeah.
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

klingon13524

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mongols are cool!
    • View Profile
STEM IS SUCK, CAES CLOSE.
« Reply #7343 on: April 05, 2012, 06:21:34 am »

I tried uploading a .png image to steam for my group, but it won't accept it as it "Isn't a .png or a .jpg". It's done this to me before. I have to use an ugly placeholder I made now.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/yippy_yap_homie, by the way.
By creating a gobstopper that never loses its flavor he broke thermodynamics
Maybe it's parasitic. It never loses its flavor because you eventually die from having your nutrients stolen by it.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7344 on: April 05, 2012, 06:27:03 am »

Yeah, but Sparticus can't be found if everyone's name is Sparticus. So it's good for hiding.

I'm Sparticus.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7345 on: April 05, 2012, 06:29:17 am »

Yeah, but Sparticus can't be found if everyone's name is Sparticus. So it's good for hiding.

I'm Sparticus.

*Stands up*
I am Spartacus!

*Somone else stands up*
Yes! He is Spartacus!
*Hugs*

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7346 on: April 05, 2012, 06:29:40 am »

Sparticus:

Shit.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7347 on: April 05, 2012, 06:30:14 am »

I'm Sparticus.

*Stands up*
I am Spartacus!

*Somone else stands up*
Yes! He is Spartacus!
*Guy in the hallway walks in*
No, I'm Spartacus!
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7348 on: April 05, 2012, 06:50:52 am »

"No! This! IS! SPARTA!"

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7349 on: April 05, 2012, 07:26:53 am »

And I'm Sportacus!

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.
Pages: 1 ... 488 489 [490] 491 492 ... 11040