Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 487 488 [489] 490 491 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14460871 times)

Fenrir

• Bay Watcher
  • The Monstrous Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #7320 on: April 04, 2012, 08:09:28 pm »

Where do these diseases come from, and why must they make me suffer so D:
Evil spirits. Don't offend the gods next time.
You backwards backwater witch doctor and your silly superstitions! Medicine should be left to men of reason.

Euld, your illness is caused by a simple imbalance of the fluids. I recommend bleeding yourself with a sharp knife or leeches.

Phantom of The Library

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO: SUDDEN DISAPPEARANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7321 on: April 04, 2012, 08:11:34 pm »

You backwards backwater witch doctor and your silly superstitions! Medicine should be left to men of reason.

Euld, your illness is caused by a simple imbalance of the fluids. I recommend bleeding yourself with a sharp knife or leeches.
Those methods are impractical, here take this antibiotic!
Gnosis - Torn Ajar -- Text Suggestion Games.
This is what happens when we randomly murder people.

You get attacked by a Yandere triangle monster.

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #7322 on: April 04, 2012, 08:43:55 pm »

Not too long ago, I had constipation for over two and a half days.

Let's just say that afterwards was the unpleasant part. Every 20 minutes, rushing to the bathroom. I drank like a gallon of water just to make sure I wasn't getting dehydrated.

Try a week, at the end of which you're in so much pain that you're constantly throwing up and can't move.

My family actually thought that I had a ruptured appendix, went to the doctors and it turned out I was just very constipated.  Medications were doled out, and suppositories were administered.  Ohgodthehorror.

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #7323 on: April 04, 2012, 08:47:47 pm »

I remember when I got a parasite called Blastocystis from eating a mango. The first symptoms were [DATA EXPUNGED] and then I [REDACTED] for, like, a week.

Those tropical parasites can really kick you in the rear.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7324 on: April 04, 2012, 08:52:46 pm »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPjFavgKO5I

The "news" isn't what's making me go WTF, but the fact people think it's news at all. Are we back to early 2011?

Also youtube comments are a good source of losing faith in humanity and/or lessons in the futility of trying to spot satire.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #7325 on: April 04, 2012, 09:05:12 pm »

That antibiotic is bad for you, here take this herbal remedy!

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #7326 on: April 04, 2012, 09:09:20 pm »

That herbal remedy is unproven! Take this exercise and diet guide!
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7327 on: April 04, 2012, 09:10:29 pm »

No man, your star signs are all out of whack man, you need to buy my book The Dreamings of Self-Actualization and learn how to rebalance your karmic lifeline so you can energize with the universal synchronization force and make your mental power purify yourself.

Available on Amazon now for just $69.99, man.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7328 on: April 04, 2012, 09:13:18 pm »

I went on this trip to Ottawa for school (Nationals in band woot!) and one of the guys I was sharing a room with punched me in the groin so hard, I went and pissed blood. This was at the start of the trip too, so I had to suffer for two more days until I could go home and see a doctor. Turns out it got infected, and for a month afterward going to the bathroom was hell. Not fun. Not fun at all. Worst part is that for some strange reason, I had to go every half hour or so, or else it started to hurt, regardless of how much fluid I drank.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #7329 on: April 04, 2012, 09:15:23 pm »

No man, your star signs are all out of whack man, you need to buy my book The Dreamings of Self-Actualization and learn how to rebalance your karmic lifeline so you can energize with the universal synchronization force and make your mental power purify yourself.

Available on Amazon now for just $69.99, man.

Naw man, I checked with the local haruspex, and he says all you need to do is rub chopped up rat meat all over your body twice a day or something.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7330 on: April 04, 2012, 09:16:27 pm »

We are the worst doctors ever.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Fenrir

• Bay Watcher
  • The Monstrous Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #7331 on: April 04, 2012, 09:17:29 pm »

I found a PDF of an unfinished philosophical essay I typeset a month or two ago. I have no idea what point I was going to make, but it involves cave men and DeLoreans.

Phantom of The Library

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO: SUDDEN DISAPPEARANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7332 on: April 04, 2012, 09:17:53 pm »

We are the worst BEST doctors ever.
Fixed that for you~
Gnosis - Torn Ajar -- Text Suggestion Games.
This is what happens when we randomly murder people.

You get attacked by a Yandere triangle monster.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7333 on: April 04, 2012, 10:14:39 pm »

I found a PDF of an unfinished philosophical essay I typeset a month or two ago. I have no idea what point I was going to make, but it involves cave men and DeLoreans.
I love finding those. It's like trying to decipher my own little version of TimeCube.

... holy shit I think I just figured out where Time Cube came from. Someone had one of these moments... And kept going, and put it on the internet!

In WTF news, I've been typing as Tavros lately and now I can't stop putting ,'s in place of .'s.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7334 on: April 05, 2012, 12:03:48 am »

Curse you, John Lennon, making my eyes leak with your wistful imagining from over 40 years ago. ;_;

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting
Pages: 1 ... 487 488 [489] 490 491 ... 11040