Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 442 443 [444] 445 446 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14460683 times)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #6645 on: March 18, 2012, 09:55:47 am »

Yes, but the point of a pale relationship is to keep somebody else in line.

Which we're obviously not doing.

Tidal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PET_MICROSCOPIC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6646 on: March 18, 2012, 09:57:04 am »

Yes, but the point of a pale relationship is to keep somebody else in line.

Which we're obviously not doing.
Oh, well. Ahem. We might be a wee bit lax on that point.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6647 on: March 18, 2012, 09:57:17 am »

I see far less serious trolling here than any other forum I've been a member of.

But yeah, more like we exist to provide a counterbalance for some really horrible forum.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #6648 on: March 18, 2012, 10:28:01 am »

-_-*

Darvi, out Troll Romancing the rest of us.

You are right though.  We aren't exactly keeping them in check >.>

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #6649 on: March 18, 2012, 10:31:25 am »

I see far less serious trolling here than any other forum I've been a member of.

But yeah, more like we exist to provide a counterbalance for some really horrible forum.
The Minecraft forums?

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #6650 on: March 18, 2012, 10:35:23 am »

Number one: I still keep forgetting to get caught up on homestuck. Whyyyyyyyyyyyyy.

Number two: So apparently one of the groups that funded this was the Army Research Office. You can probably imagine how much defense application this has: somewhere on the order of none, I believe.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6651 on: March 18, 2012, 10:41:02 am »

Anything can be used as a weapon somehow, or a defence mechanism. Its just the problem of most things being rather crap at doing either.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Tidal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PET_MICROSCOPIC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6652 on: March 18, 2012, 10:44:32 am »

Number one: I still keep forgetting to get caught up on homestuck. Whyyyyyyyyyyyyy.
Because, when you get back, you can have a whole bunch of new updates to read.

Kogut

• Bay Watcher
  • Next account: Bulwersator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6653 on: March 18, 2012, 11:06:06 am »

Number two: So apparently one of the groups that funded this was the Army Research Office. You can probably imagine how much defense application this has: somewhere on the order of none, I believe.

Obviously, stuff happening with atoms like radioactivity is impossible to have military significance.
The worst bug - 34.11 poll
Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod
Kogut, the Bugfixes apostle of Bay12forum. Every posts he makes he preaches about the evil of Bugs.

Fenrir

• Bay Watcher
  • The Monstrous Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #6654 on: March 18, 2012, 11:17:51 am »

So, out of boredom, decided to look at some of the oldest threads in recorded general... Has, has bay12 gotten more civilised? An internet community getting better over time?
I don't understand how this is a thing... What happened here? Are we protected by some arcania of some sort? Did we buy our paradise with a tribute of blood? Could this be the internet afterlife for those that served well in their prior life?
WTF..?

None of the above. I just stopped posting.

Now, months later, I am posting again to bring in the next forumocalypse to continue the cycle of death and rebirth.

EDIT:

Today’s dose of “WTF?”
Under United States real-estate law, there are circumstances under which it is permissible to discriminate against most protected classes. Race is the only exception. I do not understand this at all. If I live in a four unit building, why may I refuse to rent to a woman or a homosexual while I am forbidden to refuse a black man? The Federal Fair Housing Act would appear to have become slightly stuck on its way to fairness.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 12:23:37 pm by Fenrir »

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6655 on: March 18, 2012, 12:55:28 pm »

Sooo, does that eventually lead into FTL technology?
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #6656 on: March 18, 2012, 01:16:17 pm »

It's basic materials science; actually one of the single most important scientific realms for military applications.

For example, transparent aluminum: http://blog.makezine.com/2012/01/17/transparent-aluminum/
It's the sort of thing which results from these studies of how matter works; you end up figuring out how to make novel materials with properties which can be more suitable for tasks than anything else out there.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #6657 on: March 18, 2012, 04:15:48 pm »

I should never have read My Immortal; it's become a gateway drug for even worse prose (not safe for work, but too hilariously bad to be passed up), and now I can't stop looking for an even more Amanda McKittrick Ros-esque fix.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #6658 on: March 18, 2012, 04:22:58 pm »

So, out of boredom, decided to look at some of the oldest threads in recorded general... Has, has bay12 gotten more civilised? An internet community getting better over time?
I don't understand how this is a thing... What happened here? Are we protected by some arcania of some sort? Did we buy our paradise with a tribute of blood? Could this be the internet afterlife for those that served well in their prior life?
WTF..?

None of the above. I just stopped posting.

Now, months later, I am posting again to bring in the next forumocalypse to continue the cycle of death and rebirth.

EDIT:

Today’s dose of “WTF?”
Under United States real-estate law, there are circumstances under which it is permissible to discriminate against most protected classes. Race is the only exception. I do not understand this at all. If I live in a four unit building, why may I refuse to rent to a woman or a homosexual while I am forbidden to refuse a black man? The Federal Fair Housing Act would appear to have become slightly stuck on its way to fairness.

To put it simply, Race is well-protected by both the written Constitution and a lengthy period of the interpretation of said Constitution, has had a vocal lobby group for more than 150 years, and was used as a tool for the conquered South to defy the Federal government, which necessitated Federal intervention in the matter. Other protected groups, while they may have the same degree of Constitutional protection, do not have the same extent of judical precedent, are of relatively recent vintage, and have yet to provoke a power class between the various levels of government, meaning that they generally rely on State-level regulation. Politics are complicated that way.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
  • (grammar) anarcho-communist
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch
« Reply #6659 on: March 18, 2012, 04:27:18 pm »

I should never have read My Immortal; it's become a gateway drug for even worse prose (not safe for work, but too hilariously bad to be passed up), and now I can't stop looking for an even more Amanda McKittrick Ros-esque fix.
Okay, it is literally impossible that the person who wrote that did it with the intent of writing something good. I'm wary at quoting directly from it, but jesus it reads like something written by the Penny Arcade guys.

In the distance, Hilda heard the fading sound of galloping abs.
I mean, come on! That is obvious comedy. That couldn't have been written as anything but comedy.
You don't use freedom Penguin. First you demand it, then you have it.
No using. That's not what freedom is for.
Pages: 1 ... 442 443 [444] 445 446 ... 11040