Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 420 421 [422] 423 424 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14454568 times)

Valid_Dark

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wont let me Dream, I wont let you sleep.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #6315 on: March 09, 2012, 09:19:04 pm »

well I didn't delete it, I made a set of gems of one color, I was gonna make them for all the other colors but couldn't get a hold of you so I didn't.
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't

My milkshake brings all the criminals to justice.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6316 on: March 09, 2012, 10:03:21 pm »

Okie dokie. Send it off to me if you want. Also, to get in contact... I'll try to check my PMs here more often :X
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Valid_Dark

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wont let me Dream, I wont let you sleep.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6317 on: March 09, 2012, 11:16:44 pm »

Okie dokie. Send it off to me if you want. Also, to get in contact... I'll try to check my PMs here more often :X

I'll send you some stuff for tomorrow.
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't

My milkshake brings all the criminals to justice.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6318 on: March 10, 2012, 08:52:13 am »

Having dejavu's all week now, damned things stop me in my tracks every time, heck, I even change my reaction to try and make it different from the dream/memory but it doesn't work all the time :S
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #6319 on: March 10, 2012, 11:14:37 am »

A few months ago my iPod earphones broke and I tried to order some fake ones from a site a friend of mine uses. My laptop crashed while I'm trying to order them sond I just go to a normal stores and buy Philips ones.

Those earphones broke yesterday and I just got an email from the fake earphone site that they received the order and I will get my earphones in a few days.

Wut?

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6320 on: March 10, 2012, 11:35:45 am »

A few months ago my iPod earphones broke and I tried to order some fake ones from a site a friend of mine uses. My laptop crashed while I'm trying to order them sond I just go to a normal stores and buy Philips ones.

Those earphones broke yesterday and I just got an email from the fake earphone site that they received the order and I will get my earphones in a few days.

Wut?

Lady luck smiles on you... For only going through two pairs. I've been through probably around 12 pairs of earbuds in a year.  :-X

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6321 on: March 10, 2012, 11:36:51 am »

Don't use earbuds, use headphones. They are much more durable and will give you better sound quality as well.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #6322 on: March 10, 2012, 11:51:22 am »

Only the actually good (Read: $20 and way, way up) ones, not th'cheapo (Read: <5$) ones.

... and they break pretty easy for me, no matter the type or quality. Got a solid, fairly expensive (was over $60 USD, iirc) many years back. It lasted a good two or three years, sure, but I'd have saved thirty or forty bucks just buying cheap earbuds (<5$) and breaking a few a year :(

Earbuds are cheaper and sound better (at least to me, heh, but I'm not much of an audiophile...) than those cheap crap foam-covered-things headphones. Th'ones that don't actually cover the ears. Less sound escapes too, which is a bonus.

Plus earbuds are smaller and less obtrusive. That matters sometimes :-\

Anyway, earbud advocacy for the currency-limited complete. Away!
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6323 on: March 10, 2012, 11:51:56 am »

That's funny, because my pair of iPod headbuds has lasted me for about 5 years now without any quality degradation.
Proud of my heritage.
Prepare to lose your sanity.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6324 on: March 10, 2012, 12:29:32 pm »

For me, it has more to do with the wires not being sufficiently reinforced and getting bent back and forth enough to eventually break.

3. Run Resize Enable

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #6325 on: March 10, 2012, 12:44:23 pm »

Good earbuds have a much better sound quality to price ratio than full headphones, so long as you're not using the god-awful things they usually package with devices.  I looked up user reviews on some audiophile websites, and my $160 Etymotics are said to rival any circumaural headset all the way up to around $800, iirc.  Unfortunately, many people just can't get comfortable with them. 
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6326 on: March 10, 2012, 12:55:32 pm »

<- cannot stand earbuds
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6327 on: March 10, 2012, 01:01:24 pm »

<- cannot stand earbuds

How do you people break so many of these? I've had probably 3 pairs of headphones that I can think of. the third of which is the only one not broken, but thae last one only broke because someone else ripped the padthing open.
This has been this current and the previous headphones of mine, except it was $20 cheaper before.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 01:06:51 pm by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #6328 on: March 10, 2012, 01:02:30 pm »

My earbuds were great until I woke up one day and somehow I molested them in my sleep or something as one ear part was broken. The wire is still intact and so is one of the ears put if I get new earbuds i'm okay with that.
I don't like headphones as they don't fit in my pocket so aren't very useful for on the fly music listening.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6329 on: March 10, 2012, 01:08:15 pm »

Yeah, for me, headphones are mainly a portability issue, plus the cost of a really good set.

3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 420 421 [422] 423 424 ... 11040