Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 415 416 [417] 418 419 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14452129 times)

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #6240 on: March 08, 2012, 11:59:52 am »

I've seen a few episodes myself, and I still don't get the appeal. I've said it before, but yeah it's well written (for a little girls' cartoon,) the animation is slick and well done (for a little girls' cartoon,) the voice acting is good (for a little girls' cartoon,) has good character development (for a little girls' cartoon,) and it's pretty funny (for a little girls' cartoon.) Because I'm not in the target demographic, and never have been, it just doesn't appeal to me. It's fine (for a little girls' cartoon,) but it's just not for me.
Fair enough, nobody can say you didn't try it :P
I was just suggesting skipping episodes 1 and 2 because they don't portray the show all that well, IMO.
*Hugs*

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #6241 on: March 08, 2012, 12:00:14 pm »

Indeed. Now if you take a good cartoon that was not actually intended for kids to begin with (let's say... Invader Zim ;)), that's something entirely different, of course (plus that a few of us grew up with the original MLP series, and won't ever be able to clear that abomination from our minds).

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6242 on: March 08, 2012, 12:01:22 pm »

I've always wondered how that got onto Nickelodeon.

Also, yes, the original MLP was horrible. As was the original Care Bears. And Strawberry Shortcake.

Again, I've always been the wrong demographic for those, though. Looking back, He Man and the Masters of the Universe was pretty terrible, but I loved it as a kid.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 12:02:57 pm by MaximumZero »

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #6243 on: March 08, 2012, 12:13:02 pm »

Mighty Orbots FTW. And Inhumanoids. And...I'll stop now before this becomes yet another 80's animation nostalgia trip.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #6244 on: March 08, 2012, 12:50:59 pm »

Mighty Orbots FTW. And Inhumanoids. And...I'll stop now before this becomes yet another 80's animation nostalgia trip.
I fail to see the problem... M.A.S.K.! Fuck yeah! ;)

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #6246 on: March 08, 2012, 01:07:31 pm »

I fail to see the problem... M.A.S.K.! Fuck yeah! ;)
I was really disappointed to find that neither Netflix nor Hulu have many of those 80's series. I'd love for my kids to be able to watch Adventures of the Gummi Bears -- a cartoon that was WAY better than it had any right to be. I mean seriously....a cartoon based loosely on candy. Which the writers turned into a deep fantasy series with high production values and great voice acting.

EDIT: Oh snap...Netflix has them. Streaming, even!  :D

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6247 on: March 08, 2012, 01:10:17 pm »

Gummi Bears, bouncing here and there and everywhere~
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #6248 on: March 08, 2012, 01:13:58 pm »

I was really disappointed to find that neither Netflix nor Hulu have many of those 80's series. I'd love for my kids to be able to watch Adventures of the Gummi Bears -- a cartoon that was WAY better than it had any right to be. I mean seriously....a cartoon based loosely on candy. Which the writers turned into a deep fantasy series with high production values and great voice acting.
Oh my, that one was so good.
Even now, listening to the intro, I smell french fries (it would play at sunday evening, just before dinnertime, while my mom was baking fries). That's some strong association there.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #6249 on: March 08, 2012, 01:15:37 pm »

+1 for Gummi Bears. I looked at the first episode again last year, ended up thinking that a decent fanfiction writer could turn the series into a seriously impressive mature fantasy novel thing; civil war, high moral shenanigans, ancient civilizations and steam-punk equivalent stuff, and lots of other stuff beside? Series was just damned impressive.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Ogdibus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6250 on: March 08, 2012, 01:16:46 pm »

« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 08:20:09 am by Ogdibus »

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6251 on: March 08, 2012, 01:41:21 pm »

Apparently, ((set.get(i) < x) && (set.get(i) > y)) with x<y can still be true for some values. Sometimes even false at the same time.

Either java handles ArrayLists in a really weird way or I'm just that weird a programmer.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6252 on: March 08, 2012, 02:22:34 pm »

Everyone add Bawns to your ignore list. Shock image again.....
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #6253 on: March 08, 2012, 02:28:32 pm »

PROBLEM, SPIDERS?

You destroyed their home :(

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #6254 on: March 08, 2012, 04:03:34 pm »

I was wondering what the big deal was about My Little Pony, so I went ahead and got ahold of a couple of episodes.

I was not expecting the high quality of the show, and the fact that it's actually funny without toilet humor.  Brilliant.
Pages: 1 ... 415 416 [417] 418 419 ... 11040