Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 406 407 [408] 409 410 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14454868 times)

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #6105 on: March 06, 2012, 02:24:26 pm »

Hi!
And then Descan was the demons.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #6106 on: March 06, 2012, 03:17:35 pm »

Spoiler: Picture of ad (click to show/hide)
Of the things to call... anything, really, FUBAR isn't what I'd expect someone to name... whatever that is. I didn't click on the link. Fubar is FUBAR, I guess.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

olemars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6107 on: March 06, 2012, 03:23:17 pm »

Spoiler: Picture of ad (click to show/hide)
Of the things to call... anything, really, FUBAR isn't what I'd expect someone to name... whatever that is. I didn't click on the link. Fubar is FUBAR, I guess.

That is either a complete lack of market research, or bloody brilliant market research.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #6108 on: March 06, 2012, 03:39:10 pm »

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6109 on: March 06, 2012, 05:03:13 pm »

I was playing medic on TF2 and this guy starts yelling at me for not going into the middle of the shooting. I wasn't that far, just around a corner trying not to get shot. So I peek my head out, and instant death. Then he yells at me for dying. WTF?
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6110 on: March 06, 2012, 05:08:31 pm »

He's a soldier, isn't he.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6111 on: March 06, 2012, 05:09:45 pm »

I don't know. I just left after that. I am a patient man, but even I have limits.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Malt_Hitman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6112 on: March 06, 2012, 05:12:54 pm »

It sounds like you either just started playing TF2 or just started playing as medic.

What you’ve went through is a pretty common occurrence.  Just try to use someone else as a meat shield in that situation.   Remember that there will always be one person on your team that will bitch at you regardless of what happens.  Whether or not you had any control over the situation at all.    In the worst case just remember that jerk and never heal them ever again.  Completely ignore their bitching and moaning for the rest of the game.

That’s the best advice I can give you.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6113 on: March 06, 2012, 05:23:12 pm »

Boss and landlord of the storefront are apparently going at it over an agreement.   We have a double size sign on the board which was agreed to before I came on.  A few weeks later while I was there he came in saying we had to come up with an agreement with somebody else in order to keep the (already professionally designed and installed) sign there.

Boss griped a little about that but we came up with the agreement with the other people anyway, they get free computer work anytime they want it.

WTF part is that the other people never complained about it and didn't want or need a sign anyway (their business is entirely online), and that today the landlord came in again and said that he will be taking down the sign anyway claiming that the other people were complaining and that we need to take it down and get a new one made for one slot or it will be destroyed to make room and he will charge us for the cost of having it done.  My boss is calling bullshit and not backing down and is preparing for legal action.

What the hell is wrong with the world today.  I can't vouch for the validity of the original agreement because I was not there, but I was there when the landlord apparently changed the agreement, and we were in compliance with that pretty well.  Why do I have this odd parallel to Darth Vader and Lando with the whole "I have altered the agreement, pray I don't alter it further" bit?
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

jetex1911

• Bay Watcher
  • [MAXAGE:∞]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6114 on: March 06, 2012, 06:06:11 pm »

I just found a toilet that opens a portal to hell the moment you flush it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byidM6W8TCE

:o
Put into this light, Dr. Robotnik and Armok could easily have been roommates.

Known as That_Kobold on BYOND

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6115 on: March 06, 2012, 06:07:52 pm »

I just found a toilet that opens a portal to hell the moment you flush it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byidM6W8TCE

Sounds like our toilet whenever my roommate is done with it.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #6116 on: March 06, 2012, 06:24:04 pm »

Now I'm wondering how I could go about making one... It sounds like an improper seal with the rubber, causing it to vibrate and create the sound, but getting it just right to make that noise would be tricky...

Valid_Dark

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wont let me Dream, I wont let you sleep.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6117 on: March 06, 2012, 06:44:47 pm »

Spoiler: semi NSFW (click to show/hide)
I feel like i was signing up for the wrong summer camp as a child...
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't

My milkshake brings all the criminals to justice.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6118 on: March 06, 2012, 07:01:21 pm »

Playing Minecraft, I'm running out of keys to assign commands to O.o
*Hugs*

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6119 on: March 06, 2012, 08:21:33 pm »

Playing Minecraft, I'm running out of keys to assign commands to O.o

How many mods do you have.
Pages: 1 ... 406 407 [408] 409 410 ... 11040