Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 402 403 [404] 405 406 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14447975 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #6045 on: March 03, 2012, 01:23:36 pm »

This ad.
UK, Y u so crazy?
Gotta say, I did not like the message of the advert. Apparently murdering a wolf is ok if you're behind on your mortgage and you spark a riot. Just so long as the story is fully covered.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #6046 on: March 03, 2012, 01:34:56 pm »

This ad.
UK, Y u so crazy?
Gotta say, I did not like the message of the advert. Apparently murdering a wolf is ok if you're behind on your mortgage and you spark a riot. Just so long as the story is fully covered.

...Pretty sure that wasn't the message >_>

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #6047 on: March 03, 2012, 01:44:12 pm »

This ad.
UK, Y u so crazy?

...Pretty sure that wasn't the message >_>

...Pretty certain the ad was focused on promoting independent news (even though it's the freaking guardian), for some reason twitter, both sides of the story and being one with the silly peasants.

Also as for the whole wolf "murder" thing, residents in the UK are allowed to use "necessary" force to expel intruders, which is the joke behind the pigs going to trial, to decide if boiling someone alive is necessary or excessive force.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6048 on: March 03, 2012, 01:47:42 pm »

Residents in the US are allowed to do so as well, but here's the thing: the wolf wasn't an intruder, he was murdered to make it look like he was. Some people were set to condemn the pigs (while some thought the boiling wasn't excessive) until the sob story about the mortgage, and suddenly they were just poor victims of the evil banks. No one seems to care about the murdered wolf, who for all we know had a happy family and a good job.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #6049 on: March 03, 2012, 01:50:33 pm »

Residents in the US are allowed to do so as well, but here's the thing: the wolf wasn't an intruder, he was murdered to make it look like he was. Some people were set to condemn the pigs (while some thought the boiling wasn't excessive) until the sob story about the mortgage, and suddenly they were just poor victims of the evil banks. No one seems to care about the murdered wolf, who for all we know had a happy family and a good job.

And asthma. But then the media is saying that the wolf was at a bad place at the wrong time, and the pigs were forced to do so by the bankers, and everyone was riled up by the bankers getting off absolutely scotch free.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6050 on: March 03, 2012, 01:55:01 pm »

And asthma. But then the media is saying that the wolf was at a bad place at the wrong time, and the pigs were forced to do so by the bankers, and everyone was riled up by the bankers getting off absolutely scotch free.
Eh? The pigs weren't "forced" to do anything. The pigs were committing insurance fraud and murdered the wolf while claiming self-defense. The pigs most likely had other options to keep their homes, but they chose to commit felonies.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6051 on: March 03, 2012, 01:57:58 pm »

Reading this conversation without bothering to check out the context is making me go WTF right now.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6052 on: March 03, 2012, 02:14:04 pm »

Reading this conversation without bothering to check out the context is making me go WTF right now.

This. But then I watched it, and understood.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #6053 on: March 03, 2012, 02:17:48 pm »

Eh? The pigs weren't "forced" to do anything. The pigs were committing insurance fraud and murdered the wolf while claiming self-defense. The pigs most likely had other options to keep their homes, but they chose to commit felonies.
These are the sort of stances taken by the people in the ad :P

Seems like they got it right.

The bottom line is, we wouldn't be able to make a full assessment and judgement of the pigs and the wolf without all the information, which is what the ad was about. Funnily enough, the ad also shows how it was all the media's fault  ::)

This. But then I watched it, and understood.

SHUT UP AND TAKE MY PIGS

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6054 on: March 03, 2012, 02:38:07 pm »

I noticed the pigs did not get off on that, it only became a rallying cry against the banks. Maybe a little inappropriate, but not much.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #6055 on: March 03, 2012, 02:54:23 pm »

My parent's washing machine has an "eco monitor," a little light of scale that shows how environmentally friendly the washer settings are.  They range from "good" to "best." Wha... I don't even o_o

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #6056 on: March 03, 2012, 02:57:58 pm »

My parent's washing machine has an "eco monitor," a little light of scale that shows how environmentally friendly the washer settings are.  They range from "good" to "best." Wha... I don't even o_o

Marketing. The man doesn't want to know that you're supporting evil bankers with your washing machines!!!

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6057 on: March 03, 2012, 04:17:44 pm »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoLGQYCk3xg

The British government is a liiiittle bit overreacting in their noble cause of protecting profits of starving music producers, IMO.
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #6058 on: March 03, 2012, 04:21:29 pm »

The British government is a liiiittle bit overreacting in their noble cause of protecting profits of starving music producers, IMO.

You missed the part where ACTA is going to become an internationally recognized treaty.

I think I'm going to start increasing my internet security now.

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6059 on: March 03, 2012, 04:57:18 pm »

You missed the part where ACTA is going to become an internationally recognized treaty.

I think I'm going to start increasing my internet security now.
Luckily for me, the Belarusian government doesn't care about the stolen profits of record companies, which means they will not sign ACTA. It's too busy censoring the internet by blocking at least 3.5 opposition websites every presidential election day (according to the opposition)
Also, IIRC, someone did attempt to introduce the law against copyright infringement in the Belarusian parliament last year. The deputies didn't understand the point of that law.
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 402 403 [404] 405 406 ... 11040