Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 374 375 [376] 377 378 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14448571 times)

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #5625 on: February 24, 2012, 07:03:08 pm »

ohey, they are wanting you to fix the large company's lawyers for them >.<

I used to think 'pssh, companies don't bribe nearly everyone important' now I'm seeing why people say they do.

So the Credit Card companies can rewrite the laws on bankruptcy and basically get rid of usury (interest rates so high they are illegal). Then they write the contracts overwhelmingly in their favor without giving you a choice. Finally, when they sue you, they submit an illegible document that is so smudged as "the contract" that you literally can't read it. They are essentially asking the judge to enter judgment in their favor under the terms of [blur]. .... ???

It's somehow my job to fix this? I have to litigate my side of the case and fix theirs?

Yeah, I wouldn't put it past them to be corrupt, or incompetent, whatever. They made a sworn statement in an affidavit to the court that their business records at the bank entitled them to 0% interest after a certain date. When I call them on this, they call it a clerical error. Gee, who is responsible for what you put in your sworn statements to the courtThey give me a stack of credit card statements in no order with no summary of accounts. it's their burden of proof to convince the court they win, but they throw that on me too?

.... Now I'm spending my Friday night researching stuff  about criminal contempt cases in case she tries anything and also about disqualification of magistrates.

What exactly do these guys at the bank do besides get paid?

Nothing. :P Its all paper pushers on the bottom and fat-cows at the top who collect the interest. Banking is a legal manner in which large corporations can invest other people's money and make interest off of it. That's exactly what banking is. :P All the money we have in banks is being used to make more money for the folks on top.
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5626 on: February 24, 2012, 07:03:58 pm »

I find myself asking a question I'm sure everyone has asked themselves in their life.

Does everyone else think chairs feel warm when another person has been sitting in them, as I do?  Or do I just have an unusually cold ass?
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #5627 on: February 24, 2012, 07:06:59 pm »

I find myself asking a question I'm sure everyone has asked themselves in their life.

Does everyone else think chairs feel warm when another person has been sitting in them, as I do?  Or do I just have an unusually cold ass?
Yes Aqi, the chairs do feel warm. Though... I've never actually asked that. It seems pretty obvious, heh. Humans emit a lot of heat, stuff absorbs heat, stuff is hot after people have been emitting all over it for a while.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 07:09:10 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5628 on: February 24, 2012, 07:07:13 pm »

I think it is that your ass warms up with the chair when you sit down, as opposed to when you are standing up and it is cooled by circulating air. So when you sit down on a cold seat, your ass is the same temperature as the seat, and they both slowly warm up, but you don't notice because your ass matches the temperature of the seat.
When somebody sits on a chair after another has been sitting on it, their ass is still cool from air circulation, while the seat is warm from being sat on, so you notice the difference.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5629 on: February 24, 2012, 07:09:03 pm »

Relative temperature.

Your ass warms up slowly when you're sitting in a fresh chair, so you don't notice.

Your ass that's been up and ventilated for a while sitting in a used char will warm up quickly, thus you notice.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5631 on: February 24, 2012, 07:12:34 pm »

The above page. Only on Bay 12 can we have an inteligent conversation about asses.

Ninja'd x2
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5632 on: February 24, 2012, 07:14:38 pm »

The above page. Only on Bay 12 can we have an inteligent conversation about asses.
And chairs.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5633 on: February 24, 2012, 07:15:22 pm »

I'm pretty sure that's an everybody thing. I hope it is, anyway.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5634 on: February 24, 2012, 07:15:36 pm »

And chairs.
And yet we can't have a civilised conversation about carp...

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site
« Reply #5635 on: February 24, 2012, 07:36:14 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I thought there was a spambot attack for a minute.
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.

Phantom of The Library

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO: SUDDEN DISAPPEARANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5636 on: February 24, 2012, 08:22:58 pm »

Noooooo! Don't become Loudwhispers, greatorder!  Stay good greatorder stay good![/Kiki]
Gnosis - Torn Ajar -- Text Suggestion Games.
This is what happens when we randomly murder people.

You get attacked by a Yandere triangle monster.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5637 on: February 24, 2012, 10:09:45 pm »

Wow, that actually made me crack up.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

klingon13524

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mongols are cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5638 on: February 25, 2012, 04:22:50 am »

This is RIDICULOUSLY contemporary.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45fImW0DAAk
By creating a gobstopper that never loses its flavor he broke thermodynamics
Maybe it's parasitic. It never loses its flavor because you eventually die from having your nutrients stolen by it.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5639 on: February 25, 2012, 12:54:22 pm »

About a week ago, I had a dream about coming up with an idea for an anime or something, about people with unusual, but mostly useless(in a WhatKindOfLamePowerIsHeart way, only used in a way that probably makes them useful, so probably HeartIsAnAwesomePower), powers. I think it was partially inspired from the You Are a Mage thread here a few weeks ago, because one of the characters was a girl who could freeze things, a popular answer from that thread(and handled similarly in that way).

It was so bizarre that it woke me to conscious state, but it was so awesome that I was compelled to force myself back into a state of sleep not only to go back to that dream, but have more control over what was happening.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.
Pages: 1 ... 374 375 [376] 377 378 ... 11040