Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 370 371 [372] 373 374 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14454529 times)

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #5565 on: February 23, 2012, 01:11:49 am »

I assume that since you have pain medication, you have already been to a doctor to confirm if you are dying or not?
Yeah, the pain meds weren't as strong as my dad had led me to believe and I am hopefully not going to die. The bathtube thing was just getting out of hot water fast, though it was my first time uncounscis unintenoally.
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5566 on: February 23, 2012, 04:21:32 am »

These
I just opened Mass Effect 2 to see if I'd done all the side quests and discovered that my Renegade Shepard is called Pony Shepard D:
I named him that in ME:1 before all this MLP stuff hit the Internet. It's just that I knew that the name would mean nothing except identifying the save file.

EDIT: Thankfully I named Paragon Shepard "Dr. Shepard". Much better.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 04:57:36 am by NobodyPro »

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5567 on: February 23, 2012, 04:49:25 am »

These
Some of those "photos" looks suspiciously like drawings.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5568 on: February 23, 2012, 05:00:34 am »

These
I just opened Mass Effect 2 to see if I'd done all the side quests and discovered that my Renegade Shepard is called Pony Shepard D:
I named him that in ME:1 before all this MLP stuff hit the Internet. It's just that I knew that the name would mean nothing except identifying the save file.

EDIT: Thankfully I named Paragon Shepard "Dr. Shepard". Much better.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
♪Boggis, Bunce and Bean...

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #5569 on: February 23, 2012, 05:26:52 am »

#22 is holding a Luger. WTF Why do I know this? I've seen maybe 4 real guns in my entire life.
I've played too many games, I guess...

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #5570 on: February 23, 2012, 05:47:28 am »

I was shedding tears from trying not to laugh too loudly. I think I would've gotten a WTF from my out of laughing uproariously at 5:00AM.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5571 on: February 23, 2012, 09:51:39 am »

These
Some of those "photos" looks suspiciously like drawings.
Yeah. Some are pretty clearly fake.

Anyway.

Pony Shepard

You are subconsciously a brony. Hah hah hah hah.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5572 on: February 23, 2012, 09:57:11 am »

Search your feelings... you know it to be true!

Join the pony side, and we can rule the internet together!
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #5573 on: February 23, 2012, 10:57:54 am »

Caller: "Hi, I'm calling about a court case tomorrow [gives information]. Do I have to show up?"
Me: "Well, I believe you're the defendant in that case, right?"
Caller: "Yes."
Me: "You do realize we're the attorney for the plaintiff, the person suing you? I'm not your lawyer."
Caller: "Yes"
Me: "So you know you're calling opposing counsel, in other words I represent the people suing you?
Caller: "Yeah, do I have to come tomorrow?"
Me: "Well, no one can force you to come, but if you don't come then you lose automatically."
Caller: "So I don't have to come?"
Me: "Not if you don't mind losing, no. Does that mean you won't be coming tomorrow?"
Caller: "Not if I don't gotta. Thanks!"
Me: "Have a nice day...."

They did not come, default judgment.... Automatic loss. Hey, I told them they'd lose twice....
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 11:00:29 am by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Montague

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5574 on: February 23, 2012, 11:00:39 am »

Pretty sure that guy has no intention of paying a settlement anyways.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5575 on: February 23, 2012, 11:03:33 am »

Not settlement, judgment. He has a job and I'll garnish his wages. He doesn't have a choice about it. It goes through his boss and they make it so he never sees the amount it his paycheck and it goes to the bank and essentially to me for my client. There's a garnishment hearing, but you can't dispute the underlying lawsuit there; all you can say is "my income is immune." That would be like SS or disability or some other category like that.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 11:05:37 am by Truean »

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5576 on: February 23, 2012, 11:05:41 am »

That must be nice showing up for work knowing that you're going to win.

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

Truean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5577 on: February 23, 2012, 11:07:30 am »

That must be nice showing up for work knowing that you're going to win.

Eh, sorta. I wasn't sure he wasn't joking with me.

Please don't quote me.

Montague

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5578 on: February 23, 2012, 11:10:32 am »

Not settlement, judgment. He has a job and I'll garnish his wages. He doesn't have a choice about it. It goes through his boss and they make it so he never sees the amount it his paycheck and it goes to the bank and essentially to me for my client. There's a garnishment hearing, but you can't dispute the underlying lawsuit there; all you can say is "my income is immune." That would be like SS or disability or some other category like that.

I'd be suspect that he has previously worked out a dope deal with his boss or some other employer so that won't happen. "I fired that guy, he don't work for me" while he is getting paid under the table. I'd imagine he has some reason to be so nonchalant over the fact he is being sued, at least expects to not actually pay anybody anything.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5579 on: February 23, 2012, 11:13:41 am »

I'd be suspect that he has previously worked out a dope deal with his boss or some other employer so that won't happen. "I fired that guy, he don't work for me" while he is getting paid under the table. I'd imagine he has some reason to be so nonchalant over the fact he is being sued, at least expects to not actually pay anybody anything.

Dealt with this before. A.) I'll pay someone to hang around the place. Pictures of him and his car coming and going are persuasive. B.) The IRS loves that shit.... C.) The local judge loves that shit (employer would be disobeying court order and I file "show cause motion" for his contempt).

People think they are smart; they are not.

Please don't quote me.
Pages: 1 ... 370 371 [372] 373 374 ... 11040