Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 369 370 [371] 372 373 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14454315 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #5550 on: February 22, 2012, 11:02:22 pm »

Shit cript, there'd be a market for it. Dunno how you'd get it past the FDA, but there's definitely places in the world you could profitably sell human blood for restaurant-style consumption.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5551 on: February 22, 2012, 11:04:15 pm »

This raises an interesting question: Is vampirism just a different type of human, or are vampires a totally different species? Because we don't want to get hit with cannibalism laws here...

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5552 on: February 22, 2012, 11:06:36 pm »

I've been told by pet owners that dogs lick your cuts and stuff because it's how dogs clean and heal their own wounds. They like to mention their mouths are cleaner then a human's mouth after they say that.

However, I've always suspected it's because blood is tasty. Also a dog's mouth is still not exactly antiseptic.
I don't know about dogs, but human saliva contains vectors that promote healing (although I think it's only to the person in question), hence why people will generally feel tempted to put their mouth on a small wound like a cut.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5553 on: February 22, 2012, 11:08:37 pm »

Yea, saliva contains antibiotics, so licking your wounds helps disinfect them.
Also means that if you eat a meal and don't have access to a tooth brush, you should lick your teeth...

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #5554 on: February 22, 2012, 11:10:34 pm »

Shit cript, there'd be a market for it. Dunno how you'd get it past the FDA, but there's definitely places in the world you could profitably sell human blood for restaurant-style consumption.
... vampires don't actually exist. You'd be catering to other humans.

Not sure if blood ingestion falls under cannibalism... but hell, it might. Maybe in international waters, floating pagoda style. Or just somewhere without consensual cannibalism laws, eh.

Does... does anyone know if willingly feeding bits of yourself to someone that knowingly and willingly consumes it has been brought before a judge before? I mean, I know it's a fetish, but I don't know if it's criminal or not.

And yeah, re: dog saliva, it's a pretty common folk thing to let dogs lick wounds around here. Personal experience says it seems to be fairly effective, or at least it's never resulted in infection. Then again, neither did me licking m'wounds either, and human mouths are considerably nastier than dog ones, so YMMV.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Phantom of The Library

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO: SUDDEN DISAPPEARANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5555 on: February 22, 2012, 11:13:18 pm »

I've been told by pet owners that dogs lick your cuts and stuff because it's how dogs clean and heal their own wounds. They like to mention their mouths are cleaner then a human's mouth after they say that.

However, I've always suspected it's because blood is tasty. Also a dog's mouth is still not exactly antiseptic.
I don't know about dogs, but human saliva contains vectors that promote healing (although I think it's only to the person in question), hence why people will generally feel tempted to put their mouth on a small wound like a cut.
So that's why I do that.  Huh, learned something new today.  Probably same reason why I'm constantly chewing on the inside of my mouth.
Gnosis - Torn Ajar -- Text Suggestion Games.
This is what happens when we randomly murder people.

You get attacked by a Yandere triangle monster.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #5557 on: February 22, 2012, 11:27:37 pm »

Does... does anyone know if willingly feeding bits of yourself to someone that knowingly and willingly consumes it has been brought before a judge before? I mean, I know it's a fetish, but I don't know if it's criminal or not.

Armin Meiwes.

Yeah... I don't think it's something you'll get away with most places.  At least, not if it ends up fatal.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #5558 on: February 22, 2012, 11:51:59 pm »

I just passed out while getting out of the bathtube. This is after about 2 days of extreme back pain that rendred me unable to dress my self. Also my sig.
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5559 on: February 22, 2012, 11:57:06 pm »

I assume that since you have pain medication, you have already been to a doctor to confirm if you are dying or not?
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #5560 on: February 22, 2012, 11:58:32 pm »

Armin Meiwes.

Yeah... I don't think it's something you'll get away with most places.  At least, not if it ends up fatal.

Bwah? o-O

Wait, so what were they both charged with?

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5561 on: February 22, 2012, 11:59:41 pm »

To get through the waitlist on my RTD I am going to put them all into the game one at a time. All thirteen of them, plus the five already in. Goodbye sanity.

Ninja'd x2
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5562 on: February 23, 2012, 12:03:32 am »

I think this is appropriate.

Warning: Tvtropes link inbound! Take evasive action!

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #5563 on: February 23, 2012, 12:06:14 am »

Armin Meiwes.

Bwah? o-O

Wait, so what were they both charged with?
One guy was convicted of murder. The other was eaten.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5564 on: February 23, 2012, 12:16:11 am »

To get through the waitlist on my RTD I am going to put them all into the game one at a time. All thirteen of them, plus the five already in. Goodbye sanity.

Ninja'd x2
Be careful. That's what killed both of my island games. Oversaturation of players.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting
Pages: 1 ... 369 370 [371] 372 373 ... 11040