Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 352 353 [354] 355 356 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14454400 times)

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #5295 on: February 19, 2012, 11:06:56 am »

I poured my self some soda, which then rapidly and suddenly froze into slush. The fuck?
Hey, it can happen. Something similar to me has happened with water.

My WTF would have to be my computer randomly rebooting.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5296 on: February 19, 2012, 11:40:36 am »

Not sure if it fits here, but anyway, the news reports on Russian television are getting more and more anti-Western these days. I've never seen anything like this before, even when Putin was ruling Russia.
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5297 on: February 19, 2012, 11:48:12 am »

I poured my self some soda, which then rapidly and suddenly froze into slush. The fuck?

If the fridge is cold enough that happens. The carbon being released cools the drink, and if it's already near 0*C it will freeze, or at least ice up. You know you have a good fridge when that happens.

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #5298 on: February 19, 2012, 12:00:08 pm »

Not sure if it fits here, but anyway, the news reports on Russian television are getting more and more anti-Western these days. I've never seen anything like this before, even when Putin was ruling Russia.
Putin stopped ruling Russia?

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #5299 on: February 19, 2012, 12:22:05 pm »

Putin never stops, only looks weirder and weirder.

Something about his face makes me think of as minor villian in a TV show.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5300 on: February 19, 2012, 12:43:23 pm »

I'm pretty sure that is exactly how Putin wants people to think of him.

It's like the old rumor about how Stalin tried to model Russia after 1984, except Putin is using The Prince as his guidebook.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5301 on: February 19, 2012, 12:52:32 pm »

Putin still had to share power with Medvedev, resulting in Russian internal and international politics getting relaxed and more pro-Western. Right now Putin is going back to the presidential seat, something that USA doesn't want to see, as a result — more Russian opposition protests. They are already calling for demonstrations on election day. I wonder if they will show their dissatisfaction with the election results by trying to break into the government offices, as their Belarusian colleagues have tried in December 2010.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2012, 12:55:33 pm by Guardian G.I. »
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
and that is terrible
Sigtext

Montague

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5302 on: February 19, 2012, 01:01:18 pm »

I'm not really sure why Russia wants to be anti-western anyways. They don't really have anything to gain by being an antagonistic enemy of western countries while they'd have much to gain by working with them.

Like, why side with Iran and Syria and these other tyrannical shitholes? I can understand them being antagonistic about missile defenses and Georgia and former Soviet countries, but I don't get antagonism for the sake of antagonism.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5303 on: February 19, 2012, 01:08:49 pm »

I'm not really sure why Russia wants to be anti-western anyways. They don't really have anything to gain by being an antagonistic enemy of western countries while they'd have much to gain by working with them.

Like, why side with Iran and Syria and these other tyrannical shitholes? I can understand them being antagonistic about missile defenses and Georgia and former Soviet countries, but I don't get antagonism for the sake of antagonism.
Russia's government is, for the moment, at a midpoint between autocracy and democracy. This is still close enough to autocracy to alienate the west and far enough from democracy that those in power (See: V. Putin) fear losing what they have.

The reason that Russia's government is trying to be anti-west is to hold off the march of progress and political reform that has been slowly but surely spreading across the entire planet for the past few centuries. It's almost like a disease, one that you can't really ever get rid of once it's in. You can slow it, but not stop it, and when governments fall to it they tend to do so like dominoes.

Thus, Russia's government has no choice but to side with utterly tyrannical nations, because siding with democratic nations ensures that those who benefit from Russia's remaining autocratic tendencies fall from power even faster than they already are.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #5304 on: February 19, 2012, 01:14:03 pm »

Balance of power, its as simple as that. You also forget the large racial, political and religious mixture in Russia and its close neighbors. Its a very volatile nation that's known nothing but war since the original Russian Empire was born. Like America, they NEED conflict to thrive. They just have a different approach. Same with Germany, but they got buttfuckraped in WWII, which squashed any hopes of militarism for at least a century. I don't know many Russians, but what I know is Russia isn't exactly a paradise right now. Hell, it never has been. Russia is like the USA, stuck between old stereotypes and outdated political views held by the aging minority who control power, yet pressured by the fucking stupidity of the "Progressive" generation who have no idea they're being played by a bunch of con-artists with no interest in "Change" of any sort. In the end its the old leaders holding onto power while the new generation pulls and pushes towards the absolute destruction of the outdated political system, for better or worse.

In essence,

tldr;

Head up ass.
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5305 on: February 19, 2012, 01:18:55 pm »

This just in: Went to the kitchen to get a knife to cut out a rotten chunk from a plum, grabbed the knife, fumbled, stabbed myself in the stomach. Somehow I managed to not only not penetrate my shirt, but I'm not even bleeding, and I now have a horizontal 3-inch line right above my bellybutton. How the hell have I survived to my age being so clumsy.

Luck.

That's not as bad as the time I tripped over a box of Legos and stabbed myself in the thigh with a pair of scissors. Full penetration. :|

I slashed two fingers with a spear :|
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #5306 on: February 19, 2012, 01:22:10 pm »

This just in: Went to the kitchen to get a knife to cut out a rotten chunk from a plum, grabbed the knife, fumbled, stabbed myself in the stomach. Somehow I managed to not only not penetrate my shirt, but I'm not even bleeding, and I now have a horizontal 3-inch line right above my bellybutton. How the hell have I survived to my age being so clumsy.

Luck.

That's not as bad as the time I tripped over a box of Legos and stabbed myself in the thigh with a pair of scissors. Full penetration. :|

How'd you manage that? Reminds me of the time I had a sword fight with a 'friend' who turned out to be trying to screw me over because he was in love with my fiance of 5 years. I got tired of kicking his ass so I gave him the 2h sword (not meant for sparring, this crazy serrated-edge replica fantasy blade), while I took a pirate-like sword. Well, he hit me so hard that when I blocked his sword hooked into my blade, traveled down and tore a hole in the palm of my hand that I still have a scar for, lmao. That was what, 4 years ago I think? Probably closer to five.
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5307 on: February 19, 2012, 01:22:20 pm »

According to Putin's supporters, if Russia sides with the West, eventually it will tear Russia apart and steal Russian natural resources.
Also, according to these guys, the US is (apparently) going straight to a total economic collapse. Because of that, they are trying to save their economy by provoking revolutions in the Middle East. The final objective — a large-scale victorious war, to weaken (or even topple) Russia and China.

Tl;dr: The Great Game, with US instead of Britain and Middle East instead of Central Asia (for now, at least).
and that is terrible
Sigtext

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5308 on: February 19, 2012, 01:30:05 pm »

Luck.

How'd you manage that? Reminds me of the time I had a sword fight with a 'friend' who turned out to be trying to screw me over because he was in love with my fiance of 5 years. I got tired of kicking his ass so I gave him the 2h sword (not meant for sparring, this crazy serrated-edge replica fantasy blade), while I took a pirate-like sword. Well, he hit me so hard that when I blocked his sword hooked into my blade, traveled down and tore a hole in the palm of my hand that I still have a scar for, lmao. That was what, 4 years ago I think? Probably closer to five.

I was putting the spearhead onto the shaft and I slipped. They wern't all that big, but they were deep. Also when me and my friend spar, we use wooden weapons. Usually he gets the sword and shield, and I get the battleaxe.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #5309 on: February 19, 2012, 01:33:58 pm »

Luck.

I was putting the spearhead onto the shaft and I slipped. They wern't all that big, but they were deep. Also when me and my friend spar, we use wooden weapons. Usually he gets the sword and shield, and I get the battleaxe.

Nice! Only non-dagger weapon I've ever had was a katana I bought at a japanese novelty shop in Brazil, its currently sitting in my aunt's living room on a display mount, halfway across the world. :| I was at a friend's place for his 19th or 20th birthday, and he just randomly brought a few swords out. Shit went downhill from there, but oh so !!FUN!!
Pages: 1 ... 352 353 [354] 355 356 ... 11040