Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 315 316 [317] 318 319 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14475917 times)

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #4740 on: February 06, 2012, 02:42:14 pm »

I had a WTF moment when I saw two other PCs in Windows Media player

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

It's supposed to be like that, right?

I see nothing wrong there;and I worked for a year at MS testing WMP network media sharing.
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #4741 on: February 06, 2012, 02:46:27 pm »

If it was true, which I doubt, it would be a stupid, pointless revenge, even if she deserved it. Revenge for revenge's sake is pointless. IMO It's only good if it destroys an enemy, scare others into not doing it, or use it as a motivator to achieve something else.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4742 on: February 06, 2012, 02:55:53 pm »

Revenge is pointless 100% all the time, for any reason. If there's a side effect you deem to be positive, then the goal should be said side effect, not revenge.

Also I don't really believe the story in the 4chan quote actually happened. Maybe, but unlikely.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 02:58:54 pm by kaijyuu »
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #4743 on: February 06, 2012, 02:58:10 pm »

I'll be honest - if true, I think she deserved it.

I have very little sympathy for those who engage in betrayal and then compound it by blaming the other person. I have little sympathy for those who engage in deceptive practices for personal gain.

Don't get me wrong, guys no saint - he's just doing it to taste that sweet revenge. But considering the work he's put in, I think he deserves a bit of that, too.
I can't agree with that. There's nothing anybody in that story did, even the people tangentially mentioned, that wasn't somewhere between bad and awful. If he'd called it quits upon being informed that she was having breakdowns, that'd be one thing. As it is, he decided his own pain gave him the right to inflict more pain on other people, in apparently unlimited amounts. That's not cool. As far as what she deserved, I don't think "Pain by any means available" is an acceptable answer. You don't methodically torture to death somebody who burns your house down, even though they probably do have some shit coming for that.

Assuming, of course, that it's true. More likely, it's a fantasy scenario of what he would like to do to an ex (and if that's the case, I do feel sympathy for him), or something entirely made up to get praise from 4channers. Also, Firefox thinks 4channers is a word. What.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4744 on: February 06, 2012, 03:03:58 pm »

Limbo of the Lost.
I could link you to the torrent, this being the only game in the universe it should be legal to pirate, but that's against forum rules. Basically, it's a game made of plagiarism.

Made of BAD plagiarism.

I got it for free and I want compensation. The linked LP is the only reason I know how it ends. (Hint: It Gets Worse).
I lost my shit at Cranny Faggot. I mean seriously, just how high were these developers?
Quote from: Aqizzar
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Quote from: Cthulhu
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.

Valid_Dark

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wont let me Dream, I wont let you sleep.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4745 on: February 06, 2012, 03:05:49 pm »

I woke up today and my foot hurts, a lot, I think I might have pulled a muscle in my sleep? or was abducted by aliens and they did something to my right foot only.  But I can barely walk, it doesn't hurt to put weight on, but it hurts to move my foot, so walking hurts because the foot is moving.  It's really quite painful.
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't

My milkshake brings all the criminals to justice.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4746 on: February 06, 2012, 03:06:24 pm »

Alright dumbest customer ever:
I AM APPALLED TO FIND ANOTHER TRANSACTION TAKEN OUT OF ME. YOU WILL REFUND THIS ONE OR ELSE.

This is the following charge:

APPLE ITUNES STORE EUR £0.79

PLEASE REFUND THIS SOON.
Dude I want you look at the name first, then look at your iPod..... I'll give you some time to sink it in.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #4747 on: February 06, 2012, 03:15:24 pm »

Alright dumbest customer ever:
I AM APPALLED TO FIND ANOTHER TRANSACTION TAKEN OUT OF ME. YOU WILL REFUND THIS ONE OR ELSE.

This is the following charge:

APPLE ITUNES STORE EUR £0.79

PLEASE REFUND THIS SOON.
Dude I want you look at the name first, then look at your iPod..... I'll give you some time to sink it in.

There is some  buzz going around tech circles that the itunes store has been compromised, possibly through infection on a clients computer, and having downloads appear on the bill without the users knowledge. So it may not ALWAYS be a dumbass customer.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4748 on: February 06, 2012, 03:21:08 pm »

We don't deal with apple though, totally different company.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4749 on: February 06, 2012, 06:06:30 pm »

Pff. As if the average 4chan user could get a girlfriend.

About that...

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4750 on: February 06, 2012, 07:35:46 pm »

I can't agree with that. There's nothing anybody in that story did, even the people tangentially mentioned, that wasn't somewhere between bad and awful.
Especially the "best friend" who kept telling him her email address even though she knew the emails were causing her "best friend" extreme distress.  I mean, what.

Phantom of The Library

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO: SUDDEN DISAPPEARANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4751 on: February 06, 2012, 07:36:53 pm »

http://i.imgur.com/LNCd5.jpg
...Jesus Christ.
Isn't 4chan basically a troll paradise? There's a better-than-even chance that the entire thing was made up.
I sincerely hope that that was made up, from the sound of it (if it was real) yes, she was a jerk, but not enough of one to deserve that, in fact there is almost no one that deserves that.  What it is just evil. If they actually sent them to a psychiatric ward and even then planned to continue the campaign, then there is no other word for it, what it is is just needlessly cruel.
Gnosis - Torn Ajar -- Text Suggestion Games.
This is what happens when we randomly murder people.

You get attacked by a Yandere triangle monster.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4752 on: February 06, 2012, 07:39:45 pm »

CSI, any of them, the plots, the clues, the solutions, the badassitude (Miami) it's all just so baffling, who would watch this, who would find this interesting, really, the only reason would be to laugh at the new contrived procedures or ways of apprehending criminals.

And this stuff has tons of spinoffs and seasons, how is this possible, this is like, the worst fodder media that I've seen in my life (aside from kids shows, but that stuff is for kids so it's off the hook).
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #4753 on: February 06, 2012, 07:42:40 pm »

Watching Horatio Caine repeatedly apply and remove his sunglasses is like an hour of entertainment packed into three seconds, that's why.
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4754 on: February 06, 2012, 07:47:50 pm »

Watching Horatio Caine repeatedly apply and remove his sunglasses is like an hour of entertainment packed into three seconds, that's why.

Indeed. There is a single reason why CSI is noteworthy.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 315 316 [317] 318 319 ... 11037