Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 278 279 [280] 281 282 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14436806 times)

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #4185 on: January 21, 2012, 02:11:39 am »

There is 3 inches of unplowed, unsalted snow and ice on the road. I just saw 3 people in the ditch. One of them spun out while trying to pass me, I wasn't even going that slow, especially given the road conditions.

Lay off the gas instead of or at least before braking, and slow down. Yes, I'm in a hurry too; there's a method to the madness. Gah.

I live in South Carolina, so we get snow like once every two or three years.  Last year we got a crapton, and nobod here knows how to drive in snow.  I saw sooo many cars pulled over or forcibly removed from the road.

I don't ever intend to drive in snow again if I can help it.

Didn't help that the timing belt broke on my car in the middle of it.  I mean, wtf car?  Was the situation not crappy enough?
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Kogut

• Bay Watcher
  • Next account: Bulwersator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4186 on: January 21, 2012, 08:17:47 am »

img.ie became tnypic.net for some reason???
Wonder why.
They prefer to avoid fate of megaupload and moved to domain registered outside of USA</useless random guess>
The worst bug - 34.11 poll
Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod
Kogut, the Bugfixes apostle of Bay12forum. Every posts he makes he preaches about the evil of Bugs.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4187 on: January 21, 2012, 08:20:35 am »

.ie is the domain for the Republic of Ireland, so I somewhat doubt that.
*Hugs*

Phantom of The Library

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO: SUDDEN DISAPPEARANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4188 on: January 21, 2012, 09:46:22 am »

Perhaps they ran out of server space and are borrowing some until they can buy more?
Gnosis - Torn Ajar -- Text Suggestion Games.
This is what happens when we randomly murder people.

You get attacked by a Yandere triangle monster.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4189 on: January 21, 2012, 09:48:02 am »

Perhaps they ran out of server space and are borrowing some until they can buy more?
It still says 'powered by the img.ie cloud' at the bottom though. Other than that, it sounds like a good possibility.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4190 on: January 21, 2012, 10:15:48 am »

It only seems to be appearing is Tinypic for non members, I still get img.ie links.
*Hugs*

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4191 on: January 21, 2012, 12:20:38 pm »

There is 3 inches of unplowed, unsalted snow and ice on the road. I just saw 3 people in the ditch. One of them spun out while trying to pass me, I wasn't even going that slow, especially given the road conditions.

Lay off the gas instead of or at least before braking, and slow down. Yes, I'm in a hurry too; there's a method to the madness. Gah.
You live near me? It was mostly green yesterday, but now a crapton of snow.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4192 on: January 21, 2012, 12:21:40 pm »

why the hell is it raining

in january

it should be snowing goddammit
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Phantom of The Library

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4193 on: January 21, 2012, 12:29:20 pm »

why the hell is it raining

in january

it should be snowing goddammit

Agreed.  Where I live the most we've gotten all winter was 2 inches of snow, and that melted within a day or two.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4194 on: January 21, 2012, 12:32:25 pm »

At least snow is a thing that happens for you. All we get here is rain and wind. And 40-60 degree (F) weather. That's like.. a bit over 0 degrees C?
Whatever. Worst part: sometimes on afternoons it gets as high as 70 F.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Phantom of The Library

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4195 on: January 21, 2012, 12:35:50 pm »

At least snow is a thing that happens for you. All we get here is rain and wind. And 40-60 degree (F) weather. That's like.. a bit over 0 degrees C?
That actually sounds wonderful.  Nice stable temperatures, if a little on the chilly side. But what we have here is probably a "grass is greener on the other side of the fence' type, thing.

and 32 F is 0 C

Valid_Dark

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wont let me Dream, I wont let you sleep.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4196 on: January 21, 2012, 02:35:55 pm »

I hate the winter, right now it's 62 degrees F out, and today's high is only 70. (just looked it up)
soo cold, I wish it would hurry up and warm up outside. I prefer it to be 80-90 degrees outside.

but the reason I was originally going to post in this thread was my dream last night, or at least the part of it I remembered.
(no one likes reading about dreams so I'll give you the fast version of it)
I was back in my high school senior english class and had to pick a partner for writing a paper, I picked this fat mexican kid named Edwardo who didn't speak much english, and we were assigned to write a paper on "The Angry Skinheads role in modern society"
I remember asking the teacher if we could write on their role inside of a prison and the teacher said no, and when I put my pencil to paper the phone rand and I woke up.

WTF? o_O
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't

My milkshake brings all the criminals to justice.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4197 on: January 21, 2012, 03:06:00 pm »

I hate the winter, right now it's 62 degrees F out, and today's high is only 70. (just looked it up)
soo cold, I wish it would hurry up and warm up outside. I prefer it to be 80-90 degrees outside.

Just looked up a conversion chart, and 62 F is 16.6 C.

I walk back and from school up hill both ways in a hoodie with-22 F weather that feels like -49 because the wind chill hates your exposed skin.

BTW, exposed skin is gone in about 5 minutes.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #4198 on: January 21, 2012, 03:33:07 pm »

That actually sounds wonderful.  Nice stable temperatures, if a little on the chilly side. But what we have here is probably a "grass is greener on the other side of the fence' type, thing.

and 32 F is 0 C
Those of us in warm climates will assure you that so ling as you don't live in canada/alaska it's better up there.

Sweating during christmas is an abomination of nature.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #4199 on: January 21, 2012, 03:40:37 pm »

62 is cold to you? That's the temperature when we open all the windows and go to T-shirts.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.
Pages: 1 ... 278 279 [280] 281 282 ... 11040