Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 256 257 [258] 259 260 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14449290 times)

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #3855 on: January 04, 2012, 02:23:15 pm »

I wonder if the south korean army has anything that mad starcraft skills could be useful for?

Actually yes. They made a publicity devision for E Sports when Boxer joined. Thus he was able to continue playing, but they did not allow him the 13 hours a day he required. Airforce ACE was the team he played on while enlisted. They also got other drafted starcraft players in there with him. His skills, unfortunately, notably declined at this point.

Truean is an expert observer of Korean competitive StarCraft.

That is my WTF of the day.  :o

A game about strategy, tactics, supply chain management and obsessive compulsive control over individual units? That'd never be me. :P What can I say, I've loved this game since I was in high school. I should really ask Vector if she knows if UC Berkeley still has a Starcraft Class. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7XiE_V0PZ8

More Boxer
« Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 02:34:21 pm by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3856 on: January 04, 2012, 02:39:17 pm »

A game about strategy, tactics, supply chain management and obsessive compulsive control over individual units? That'd never be me. :P What can I say, I've loved this game since I was in high school.

The Starcraft part isn't that odd, but to know that much about the Korean competitive circuit....

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #3857 on: January 04, 2012, 02:44:39 pm »

A game about strategy, tactics, supply chain management and obsessive compulsive control over individual units? That'd never be me. :P What can I say, I've loved this game since I was in high school.

The Starcraft part isn't that odd, but to know that much about the Korean competitive circuit....

What's so special about that? Korea is practically the heart of Starcraft :P

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3858 on: January 04, 2012, 02:48:08 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I didn't know that Ozzie was so important here

I almost always see Aqizzar, Barbarossa, or Vector.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3859 on: January 04, 2012, 02:55:32 pm »

I see Gat and Derm.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #3860 on: January 04, 2012, 04:01:56 pm »

That's the result of Google 'optimizing' your search results. That link appears visited, so it's likely you looked at his page at some point through Google and that makes it stand out to Google in future searches.

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
  • I knew you were coming. Nonetheless, welcome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3861 on: January 04, 2012, 04:07:45 pm »

stalker.

Phantom of The Library

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO: SUDDEN DISAPPEARANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3862 on: January 04, 2012, 05:09:27 pm »

That's the result of Google 'optimizing' your search results. That link appears visited, so it's likely you looked at his page at some point through Google and that makes it stand out to Google in future searches.
stalker.
See that's the odd thing, while I do have a (bad?) habit of checking peoples profile out of interest (usually to try to get a good estimate of their personality) I have never looked at his (the clicked link is because I forgot to take the screenshot before I clicked on it to see if it was a topic or if was actually his profile), and I was using public computer which I had only logged onto the forums once before (hence why I was using Google to reach it instead of a bookmark) and I wasn't logged into anything so it wouldn't have had any memory of me looking at anybody's profile.
Gnosis - Torn Ajar -- Text Suggestion Games.
This is what happens when we randomly murder people.

You get attacked by a Yandere triangle monster.

klingon13524

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mongols are cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3863 on: January 04, 2012, 05:43:42 pm »

How I adore Weird Al...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss_BmTGv43M
That isn't even an outlandish parody, Gaga literally does those kinds of things.
By creating a gobstopper that never loses its flavor he broke thermodynamics
Maybe it's parasitic. It never loses its flavor because you eventually die from having your nutrients stolen by it.

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3864 on: January 04, 2012, 05:53:42 pm »

How I adore Weird Al...
That isn't even an outlandish parody, Gaga literally does those kinds of things.
I'm not even sure if Gaga herself doesn't make a parody of pop culture anyway. She sure loves to stir trouble and sometimes looks like she stole some tricks from the dadaists...

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3865 on: January 04, 2012, 05:58:29 pm »

How I adore Weird Al...
I'm not even sure if Gaga herself doesn't make a parody of pop culture anyway. She sure loves to stir trouble and sometimes looks like she stole some tricks from the dadaists...
I always just saw her as a shameless attention hog. Like Paris Hilton, but slightly more talented.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Virex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3866 on: January 04, 2012, 06:02:38 pm »

stalker.
See that's the odd thing, while I do have a (bad?) habit of checking peoples profile out of interest (usually to try to get a good estimate of their personality) I have never looked at his (the clicked link is because I forgot to take the screenshot before I clicked on it to see if it was a topic or if was actually his profile), and I was using public computer which I had only logged onto the forums once before (hence why I was using Google to reach it instead of a bookmark) and I wasn't logged into anything so it wouldn't have had any memory of me looking at anybody's profile.
It's Google's new NeuroSynaptic search optimization technology. They use cookies provided by among others Nestle to provide better search results.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3867 on: January 04, 2012, 07:21:03 pm »

I'm playing EU3 as Minamoto. Or rather, I am now Japan, I'm messing around colonizing some nearby places and such when... Well I should explain something.

Every so often you discover a new part of the world as details of the map spread. Sometimes it's big chunks of the world, such as when knowledge of Europe spread to me, but mostly it's just little bits of the map around you get discovered over time.

It's 1573, and I randomly discover Alabama...

I do not even know where America is, I don't even have all of Europe or Africa or such, but for some reason it just decides to tell me "This is were Alabama is, use this knowledge well."

Virex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3868 on: January 04, 2012, 07:24:28 pm »

Does any European power you have contact with own Alabama? I think knowledge spreads via who you already know.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3869 on: January 04, 2012, 07:32:06 pm »

Nope, just Creek.

Maybe this was just the historic time for Japan to discover Alabama.
Pages: 1 ... 256 257 [258] 259 260 ... 11040