Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 255 256 [257] 258 259 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14446720 times)

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #3840 on: January 03, 2012, 10:33:14 pm »

PAYPAL SMASH!

http://www.regretsy.com/2012/01/03/from-the-mailbag-27/
Have to say that that sounds extremely fishy. No matter what their policy says, I don't see a company allowing a phone representative to open them to a nasty liability suit without expert opinion (unless PayPal could prove that the item was counterfeit, then any refund is nothing less than theft, and it's not beyond possibility of getting a judge willing to max out punitive damages as well.) It's incredibly poor business sense.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3841 on: January 03, 2012, 10:37:28 pm »

The note at the bottom says the thing was authenticated by a good luthier pre-sale as well.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #3842 on: January 03, 2012, 10:39:27 pm »

The note at the bottom says the thing was authenticated by a good luthier pre-sale as well.

What is a luthier?

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #3843 on: January 03, 2012, 10:44:58 pm »

Violin maker.

I'm not claiming that the item was really counterfeit. I'm saying that the entire story seems very suspect, especially given that only one side is presented, and that side claims most contact with the other party rather than the company in question.

On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
    • TESnexus profile, has my voice acting portfolio.
« Reply #3844 on: January 04, 2012, 12:28:25 am »

I did an IQ test, and got 100%!

In seriousness, IQ tests aren't hard-and-fast measurements of someone's intelligence. You could get a high score and still be an idiot about alotta things.
My voice acting portfolio.
Centration. Similar to Spacestation 13, but in 3D and first-person. Sounds damn awesome.
NanoTrasen Exploratory Team: SS13 in DF.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #3845 on: January 04, 2012, 12:46:46 am »

I did the workout question and got 0.
Does this mean I'm not smart?

It didn't load. I just pressed grade anyway.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #3846 on: January 04, 2012, 01:14:58 am »

My parents are renting out our old house to our old neighbors who lost their house.  And apparently, that neighbor recently lost his high-paying manager job, which he has held for 26 years.  I don't even... ugh...

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #3847 on: January 04, 2012, 08:10:17 am »

Just saw Contagion...... meh?  Felt like the entire movie consisted of build-up to nothing.  It went on for like half an hour past the resolution of the story, and kept giving you the impression that something else was still going to happen, when it was really just a bunch of pointless fluff.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

palsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3848 on: January 04, 2012, 11:24:32 am »

SCIENCE time.
SCIENCE part II.

Read the first link to see if you want to read the second.

Phantom of The Library

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO: SUDDEN DISAPPEARANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3849 on: January 04, 2012, 12:47:57 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I didn't know that Ozzie was so important here
Gnosis - Torn Ajar -- Text Suggestion Games.
This is what happens when we randomly murder people.

You get attacked by a Yandere triangle monster.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3850 on: January 04, 2012, 12:50:20 pm »

Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3851 on: January 04, 2012, 12:58:49 pm »

This forum is full of people more intelligent than me, that's what I like about it.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #3852 on: January 04, 2012, 01:47:54 pm »

Koreans really take Starcraft very, very seriously.

Just look at their hands!

You've no idea. You'd probably like the old star league for SC. There were entire TV broadcasts (GOM TV) dedicated to SC in Korea. You'd probably like the OSL and MSL games that are probably still floating around somewhere. If you want a really good game: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBxTeXei4cw Shit tons of people came to watch that game outside in the pouring rain. See the audience members in ponchos? July pushed boxer to the edge about 9 times and still couldn't break him. Even when Boxer's entire army got repeatedly wiped out, he made more and it cost July so much that it wasn't worth it. His dropship raid play is just great, here and in general

This is why SlayerS_BoxeR was legendary. His macro wasn't exactly great (though it got better towards the end when the air force got him), but his micro skills controlling individual units more than made up for it. The average marine produced by BoxeR had 11.3 kills before it died, if it died. BoxeR was the only pro gramer to consistently use nukes in pro matches, successfully.... When I say "he used nukes," I don't mean he managed to get a ghost into your base through the back door. I mean he came straight the hell at you, used a medic's optical flare to blind the protoss observer or zerg overlord and then nuked you blind. If zerg, then he would send two or more nukes at you simultaneously. If protoss, then he'd be sure to have a science vessel for EMP to kill the nexus shields before the nuke hit. He specifically did things everyone thought was impossible including directly challenging enemy units from a disadvantaged position who were specifically built to counter him. He also never gave up when it was even remotely possible to win via insane means

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zP6zU7ixqsM&feature=fvwrel] he individually controlled single units en mass and redid his control groups on the fly to deal exactly the amount of damage he needed to kill individual enemy units. Very few if any wasted shots....
People refused to believe how good he was

Unfortunately, Korea has a mandatory armed forces draft policy and Boxer, who could've easiy bought his way out of it, chose to enlist.... This killed his game skills, which was sad.

I miss SC, the original. II is lacking something.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9OaY_SEIE&feature=related My god damn Zealots need reaver support, not colossi (they ran from the floating scarab ball of death, or not...). I also miss my Dark Archon maelstroms. SCII also messed up the fire overlap patterns that worked so well in SC.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 01:54:21 pm by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3853 on: January 04, 2012, 01:56:28 pm »

Truean is an expert observer of Korean competitive StarCraft.

That is my WTF of the day.  :o

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #3854 on: January 04, 2012, 02:09:35 pm »

I wonder if the south korean army has anything that mad starcraft skills could be useful for?
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.
Pages: 1 ... 255 256 [257] 258 259 ... 11040