Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 251 252 [253] 254 255 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14448910 times)

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #3780 on: January 03, 2012, 01:10:08 am »

Two WTF's at work today. First, finding a three legged hamster with no wounds which means it came in like that. As amusing as the little fella is she should have been sent back. Second, someone managed to steal a canister filter which was about two feet tall and one wide.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #3781 on: January 03, 2012, 01:14:12 am »

Two WTF's at work today. First, finding a three legged hamster with no wounds which means it came in like that. As amusing as the little fella is she should have been sent back.
That's my WTF of the day, actually. Sent back, uh, where? And how?

I'm getting this mental image of something kinda' deadpan stuffing a three legged hamster into a box (or perhaps envelope) and sticking it back in the mailbox. Possibly with 'return to sender' stamped somewhere on it.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #3782 on: January 03, 2012, 01:17:13 am »

What the hell is your job  ;)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3783 on: January 03, 2012, 01:18:49 am »

I'm getting this mental image of something kinda' deadpan stuffing a three legged hamster into a box (or perhaps envelope) and sticking it back in the mailbox. Possibly with 'return to sender' stamped somewhere on it.
I lol'd (in a good way). Sounds like something Seinfeld would make a joke out of.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #3784 on: January 03, 2012, 01:32:57 am »

I'm just afraid to talk to my parents and say... "I want to become a vegetarian". I know they will laugh at me.
To be fair, asking permission to change your diet is a little humorous. Eat what you wish, they'll catch on.

What the hell is your job  ;)
Gonna guess 'Hamster Technician', or the slightly less glamorous Pet Shop Employee.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2012, 02:00:50 am by Barbarossa TSG »

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #3786 on: January 03, 2012, 02:05:29 am »

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3787 on: January 03, 2012, 02:07:38 am »

Way better than the crappy snow I see elsewhere.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3788 on: January 03, 2012, 02:24:30 am »

My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #3789 on: January 03, 2012, 02:29:45 am »

Also, this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JiGQGfun5W0

Many thanks Orangebottle, I have now seen that video before it became mainstream.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3790 on: January 03, 2012, 03:29:15 am »

The reason the vegetarian issue is such a problem is because we by tradition have one meal every day at dinner that we eat together, and that meal always contains some form of meat. In fact meat is pretty much unavoidable in this household. Heck even my favourite soup, split pea and ham contains meat, although it's not actually the meat I like.

Heck I hate meat, I can't stand it in most forms and only somewhat tolerate it in others. But everyone insists I need the protein, and I get it metaphorically shoved down my throat on a regular basis.

I've always been yelled at for not eating my meat...

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3791 on: January 03, 2012, 05:32:09 am »

The whole "you need your protein" thing is mostly bullshit. I assume you at least occasionally eat dairy, eggs, and/or beans, which should net you enough.

For the vast majority of nutrients, malnutrition comes from not eating enough in volume. It's only when you go on an extremely limited diet that stuff like scurvy happens despite having a full stomach. Your body is capable of handling "unbalanced" diets pretty well so long as it doesn't go extreme.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #3792 on: January 03, 2012, 07:59:32 am »

My way of handling people who think I'm judging them by being vegetarian is simply to be unobtrusively vegetarian; I cook vegetarian meals for myself, I usually look for a vegetarian alternative, but if all there is is meat, I'll not make extra work by asking someone make me a different meal, nor make things awkward by sitting out.

Of course, this isn't terribly helpful if you refuse outright to eat meat, or if you don't cook most of what you eat, but perhaps those of you who are trying to transition into vegetarianism, it could be a good intermediate stage.

On the subject of nutrition; protein is not even remotely an issue. Wheat is between ten and fifteen percent protein, let alone beans, nuts and dairy. Also, complementary amino acids, whilst probably a good idea to think about anyway, are really quite hard to get wrong. Iron is a much bigger issue, but if you're not trying to bodybuild, it's not too big a deal either.

Spoiler: How Amino Acids Work (click to show/hide)

E: Also an actual WTF moment; apparently I'm older than Ein.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2012, 08:15:21 am by Blargityblarg »
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3793 on: January 03, 2012, 08:43:21 am »

I think the spam ad for an ultrascanner was weird. They even had bad English for someone in the UK. You'll notice that it says 'for sell' instead of 'for sale'. Seriously though, selling an ultrascanner!? Not only is it harmful to use on a regular basis, but no one in their right mind would buy one for home use, and a hospital would just get one through normal channels.

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #3794 on: January 03, 2012, 08:48:22 am »

I think the spam ad for an ultrascanner was weird. They even had bad English for someone in the UK. You'll notice that it says 'for sell' instead of 'for sale'. Seriously though, selling an ultrascanner!? Not only is it harmful to use on a regular basis, but no one in their right mind would buy one for home use, and a hospital would just get one through normal channels.

I almost want a posse of british Bay12ers to take a day trip to the address mentioned, just to see what happens.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme
Pages: 1 ... 251 252 [253] 254 255 ... 11040