Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 241 242 [243] 244 245 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14446353 times)

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #3630 on: December 25, 2011, 09:13:12 pm »

This might make someone's day, or confuse them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Od-b82jxj4E

What The Elf?
TOO MANY ZOIDBERGS

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #3631 on: December 25, 2011, 10:27:14 pm »

Apparently, in some states it's illegal to write "disturbing fiction" because it falls under Disorderly Conduct.

So if you write a story about zombies attacking people, you can literally be charged with Disorderly Conduct. (Although I did get this information from a Cracked.com binge I've been on recently, so it may or may not be 100% reliable.)

Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3632 on: December 25, 2011, 10:30:28 pm »

At least you can charge people for writing bad slash fanfiction.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #3633 on: December 26, 2011, 12:43:37 am »

What The Elf?
TOO MANY ZOIDBERGS

I'm terrible, but I laughed at that. :)
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
    • TESnexus profile, has my voice acting portfolio.
« Reply #3634 on: December 26, 2011, 06:43:30 am »

What The Elf?
TOO MANY ZOIDBERGS

I'm terrible, but I laughed at that. :)

"Need a mod? Why not Zoidberg?"

Come on, you had to see that one coming...
My voice acting portfolio.
Centration. Similar to Spacestation 13, but in 3D and first-person. Sounds damn awesome.
NanoTrasen Exploratory Team: SS13 in DF.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3635 on: December 26, 2011, 04:56:21 pm »

So, my daughter got a slew of girly crap this year, which was entirely expected. One of the things she got was Barbie dvds. Yeah.

No, the WTF was hearing one of the villains in one of those movies was Tim Freaking Curry. WTF? O.o??

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #3636 on: December 26, 2011, 05:05:48 pm »

Exploding churros in Chile.

Also, Steam appears to refuse to acknowledge my existence. Not only is the client refusing to start, but the login button on the actual website (after my username and password were typed in) does nothing.

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
  • I knew you were coming. Nonetheless, welcome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3637 on: December 27, 2011, 02:52:28 am »

Taken in 1940. Time travel is real.

klingon13524

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mongols are cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3638 on: December 27, 2011, 06:15:30 am »

So I got the Frozen Synapse soundtrack edition when it was on sale, and after a bit of hunting for the music I payed for, it's in the folder where the game is. Now that's fairly normal, but it isn't organized at all. No folder or anything. just the soundtrack jumbled in with the game's assets. Also, EVERY SINGLE SONG HAS THE SAME TITLE! I know it's a complete soundtrack, but all the mp3s and flacs are called the same thing (nervous_testpilot Frozen Synapse ...). I'm fairly sure that's a bug or something. I think I can title it all properly, but it will be something of a pain in the arse to stream each song and look for the corresponding one in the new folder I made.
By creating a gobstopper that never loses its flavor he broke thermodynamics
Maybe it's parasitic. It never loses its flavor because you eventually die from having your nutrients stolen by it.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #3639 on: December 27, 2011, 07:03:29 am »

During christmas I found out my brother-in-law's brother-in-law (or whatever you call such a person) is an actual cyborg. He's got an ear-implant jacked straight into his brain, with a magnetic microphone that sticks to his skull.

It took his (pretty old, he's 50 or so) brain half a year or something to go from clicks, beeps and white noise to actual voices and sounds. Although now all the voices sound different than what he's used to (due to the rewiring). The focus on fixing is so limited, though. The possibilities for enhancement are so awesome. He does have a wearable microphone that works up to 50m, so his tennistrainer/wife/whoever can wear that and he'll hear everything that's said. He does have a few nifty filters for overload and surround noise that he can turn on or off using a remote control, but my suggestions for radio and phone integration, long-range spy-microphone and ultra/infrasound enhancements had not yet been implemented.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3640 on: December 27, 2011, 07:16:07 am »

Internet went out late Christmas Eve with no warning. Didn't have time to futz with it, so I went to bed and was busy with Xmas the next day. Didn't call tech support the next evening, because the last thing I wanted to do to finish out Christmas was rage over the phone at somebody in another country.

So I finally called yesterday afternoon and got into an argument with a computer. Because TWC makes you go through their automated "help" system first, and its voice recognition must be a holdover from the 80's, because it couldn't get my phone number correct. Finally, I got through to a human, and he was actually competent and intelligible and didn't run through a script. He remoted into the modem, couldn't get it to restart properly and scheduled a guy to come out today to replace it.

Late last night, as I'm getting ready to go to bed, I glance over at the modem....and it's back to normal. I fire up my tablet PC, and voila...the Intertubes, I have them. Santa giveth and Santa taketh away.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #3641 on: December 27, 2011, 12:36:35 pm »

I have a theory that every conversation can be summed up in three or four keywords. If so, I and a friend may be the only people who ever have, or ever will have, a conversation filed under 'cunnilingus/bears/crowbar/Canada'. Those were real grizzlies, by the way, not the gay subculture.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site
« Reply #3642 on: December 27, 2011, 08:06:44 pm »

The worst part about using Sir/Ma'am is when you get it wrong.

repeatly.

to the same person.

(deep voiced woman named Pat kept calling the helpdesk while I worked there...)
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Pages: 1 ... 241 242 [243] 244 245 ... 11040