Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 238 239 [240] 241 242 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14449035 times)

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #3585 on: December 21, 2011, 11:07:12 am »

In unrelated news, I got called "ma'am" from behind today. I know that I need a haircut, but damn. I thought the three foot wide shoulders would give me away. :P

I actually used to get that a lot more when I was younger and had short hair. One of my friends at the time even said I would make a very pretty butch girl.

These days, despite my long hair, the receding hairline is catching up to me.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3586 on: December 21, 2011, 11:42:45 am »

:P

Apart from that, I'm completely used to it, as I've got a pretty slender build (~6ft and 115lb), and mid-back length hair, so I understand when someone makes the mistake from behind, but when it is someone standing about three feet in front of me, looking right at me, and I haven't shaved for a couple days... Or, for that matter, someone that has just heard me speak.

But...I'm 5' tall and ~225lbs! My hair is only down to the nape of my neck. Granted, when I was 115lbs, I was mistaken for a woman from the front often. Maybe I should take it as a compliment on my backside. :P

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3587 on: December 21, 2011, 11:45:52 am »

In other news today i found out that some wasted money study suggest the moon's gravity can effect the human's mind and thus leads to the full moon theory......

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3588 on: December 21, 2011, 11:48:39 am »

There's an xkcd comic about that, but I'm A) not cool enough to read xkcd :P, B) too damned lazy to go find it.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3589 on: December 21, 2011, 11:50:26 am »

There's an xkcd comic about that, but I'm A) not cool enough to read xkcd :P, B) too damned lazy to go find it.
Well sir you are quite the ass then to mention it then cause now i gotta go find it :P

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3590 on: December 21, 2011, 11:51:21 am »

You're welcome. ^_^

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3591 on: December 21, 2011, 12:10:54 pm »

In the course of hunting for that comic myself, I discovered that there's a guy out there who has a blog devoted to tearing apart every single xkcd comic ever. The guy seriously has some kind of blood vendetta against Randall Munroe. It's creepysad.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #3592 on: December 21, 2011, 05:11:34 pm »

The city is so broke it won't pay the meter maid, which means I'll be parked in that spot for at least 15 hours today while I research stuff. No one is paid to do a damn thing about it, so no one will.

Granted, I'm a magnificent bastard of such proportions that I would fight the city tooth and nail over a penny cause it'd cost them more than they'd get from me 3 times over. Also, I despise the prosecutor working traffic and parking cases (she started it).
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3593 on: December 21, 2011, 07:36:28 pm »

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/buster/walmart/walmart-handicap-scooter-bumper-cars-230974

Police break up a game of drunken bumper cars using handicapped scooters at Wal-Mart

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3594 on: December 21, 2011, 07:41:43 pm »

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/buster/walmart/walmart-handicap-scooter-bumper-cars-230974

Police break up a game of drunken bumper cars using handicapped scooters at Wal-Mart
Were they also drunk?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3595 on: December 21, 2011, 08:11:06 pm »

If there is any justice in the world, yes.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

MC Dirty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3596 on: December 21, 2011, 08:19:33 pm »

<deleted>
« Last Edit: August 10, 2022, 08:26:20 pm by MC Dirty »

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3597 on: December 21, 2011, 11:18:47 pm »

...my mother is allergic to poultry. Good luck, Naxza. Good luck.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3598 on: December 22, 2011, 03:00:01 am »

Just be careful. No point in giving yourself anaphylaxis over a sandwich if you can't finish it. I believe that my mom's started out with just discomfort, but there's really no way to be sure, as she won't talk to me about it. Gah.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3599 on: December 22, 2011, 06:36:56 am »

As a vegetarian I have to say chicken is the hardest to avoid, as people love putting it in everything.

Especially bad if your allergy extends to eggs as well. Ouch.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.
Pages: 1 ... 238 239 [240] 241 242 ... 11040