Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 214 215 [216] 217 218 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14449110 times)

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #3225 on: December 05, 2011, 11:10:11 pm »

Hermain Cain in his speech about him not running for president anymore, he quoted a line from the Pokemon 2000 movie.

What the fuck is up with this guy.

Maybe his speech writers secretly hate him.  :D
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
  • I knew you were coming. Nonetheless, welcome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3226 on: December 05, 2011, 11:11:41 pm »

He is secretly a pokemon trainer. All the pokemon are owned by these corporate bigwigs along with 99% of all the wealth in the nation.

Occupy Pokeballs.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3227 on: December 05, 2011, 11:13:40 pm »

Hermain Cain in his speech about him not running for president anymore, he quoted a line from the Pokemon 2000 movie.

Or maybe he wrote the speech did and made the reference unintentionally. I mean, politicians have to be doing something while they're enjoying eight month a year vacations paid for with bribe money and not doing their jobs. Maybe he's secretly a Pokemon fanboy; it's not impossible.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
  • I knew you were coming. Nonetheless, welcome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3228 on: December 05, 2011, 11:14:23 pm »

I like my outlandish explanation better.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #3229 on: December 05, 2011, 11:15:46 pm »

Or maybe he wrote the speech did and made the reference unintentionally. I mean, politicians have to be doing something while they're enjoying eight month a year vacations paid for with bribe money and not doing their jobs. Maybe he's secretly a Pokemon fanboy; it's not impossible.
No, he literally said "This quote is from the Pokemon Movie".

You know, if politicians made more references to nerdy things I'm sure more nerds would vote for that person.

"The corporations will look up at me asking for less taxes, I'll look down at them and say 'No.....'."
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #3230 on: December 05, 2011, 11:38:45 pm »

It makes sense. Currently, there is a massive imbalance (3 or 4 to 1 the last poll I saw) in favor of Democrats in the younger demographics, largely because the Republican party often champions causes that younger persons consider outmoded, setting up a generational disparity. This seems like an unusually well-done (despite the age of the work in question, this will only be the first or second presidential election for the age group that the movie was originally successful, so it's an extremely apt choice) effort to reach across that gap.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3231 on: December 05, 2011, 11:50:18 pm »

Relevent?

AND BY QUESTION MARK I MEAN EXCLAMATION POINT
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #3232 on: December 05, 2011, 11:52:25 pm »

We need more openly nerdy presidents, I guarantee you if that a president seriously said "I am a brony." they would be the next president of the united states.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Welcome to Reality.

Pray_for_Snow

• Bay Watcher
  • MATT DAMON'S TIMECLONE
    • View Profile
« Reply #3233 on: December 05, 2011, 11:55:07 pm »

We need more openly nerdy presidents, I guarantee you if that a president seriously said "I am a brony." they would be the next president of the united states.

So, they'd win reelection?
This is an Artefact Thread. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is decorated with text and images of various dwarves. It menaces with spikes of data.

My X-COM UFO Defense LP. Finals Week Hiatus.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #3234 on: December 05, 2011, 11:56:36 pm »

So, they'd win reelection?
They would win all of the elections, all of the possible elections you could win while being a president.
Welcome to Reality.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3235 on: December 05, 2011, 11:57:33 pm »

It makes sense. Currently, there is a massive imbalance (3 or 4 to 1 the last poll I saw) in favor of Democrats in the younger demographics, largely because the Republican party often champions causes that younger persons consider outmoded, setting up a generational disparity. This seems like an unusually well-done (despite the age of the work in question, this will only be the first or second presidential election for the age group that the movie was originally successful, so it's an extremely apt choice) effort to reach across that gap.
Have to disagree there. I see it as a terribly transparent attempt to look "hip", despite the fact that Pokemon isn't nearly as popular as it used to be and the movie in question is 11 years old, wasn't all that great, and the series suffered from a bad case of sequelitis. It's like a congressman quoting one of the Land Before Time movies.

In any case, the newer generations tend to be more accepting of ideas that are historically anti-Republican (gay rights, abortion, Equal Rights Amendment, etc). It'll take a lot more than this to sway younger voters.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3236 on: December 05, 2011, 11:57:55 pm »

If you want to be literal, a president has already said that, and that president is Bill Clinton. But he can't be the next President of the United States unless we revise the constitution quickly.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3237 on: December 06, 2011, 12:34:44 am »

I am not going to be comfortable with a 'brony' president until I can be convinced it is not just a strange sex thing.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3238 on: December 06, 2011, 12:47:20 am »

I've never been fully convinced he actually is one and just not semi-knowledgeable about a cartoon that's far from obscure, even not counting the periphery demographic.

The actor that plays the sparkly vampire in Twilight knows enough to make a joke about "Twilight Sparkle," but that doesn't mean he's a brony.

I am not going to be comfortable with a 'brony' president until I can be convinced it is not just a strange sex thing.
That's like saying all furries are yiffers. Besides, it's irrelevant in any case.

Disregarding that, if a president was a clopper, it'd be a much more hilarious sex scandal than Bill Clinton's.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 12:50:05 am by kaijyuu »
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

EveryZig

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Liar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3239 on: December 06, 2011, 12:49:12 am »

For lots of people it isn't. You can tell by how some of them rage at other bronies for whom it is a strange sex thing.
(Personally I like the show, and I have strange fetishes, but those don't overlap. I generally dislike rule 34 of fiction I have read/watched, though not to the point where I get mad at it.)

And for that matter, I would sooner vote for a president who had some weird sex thing than some of the people running for office. Few weird sex things involve irresponsible handling of nuclear weapons stockpiles, or the sabotage of an already troubled education system.
Soaplent green is goblins!
Pages: 1 ... 214 215 [216] 217 218 ... 11040