Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 194 195 [196] 197 198 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14463084 times)

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #2925 on: November 27, 2011, 05:07:19 pm »

« Last Edit: November 27, 2011, 05:15:05 pm by The Merchant Of Menace »
*Hugs*

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2926 on: November 27, 2011, 05:18:38 pm »

The US supreme court actually ruled that the police have no obligation to protect or serve the public.  Their only job is to uphold the law.
The ruling is not universal and does not apply where MoM is.

Also I'm pretty sure most US police forces aim to "protect and serve" regardless of what the Supreme Court thinks about that.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2927 on: November 27, 2011, 05:26:53 pm »

Considering the type of crap cops today have to deal with, including drug-fueled berserkers, bombs and people who wear them, and criminals who'll shoot at officers for a speeding ticket, is anyone REALLY surprised that some get a little "over-enthusiastic" at times? You ever see the video of a cop getting brutalized while taking a suspect to a holding cell? What about the guy who was so high that tasers had no effect? I'm sure you've heard of the Killdozer, covered in armor plating and armed with machine guns.

That's my WTF for today. People expecting cops to be perfect saints, but when they inevitably aren't bitching that all cops are evil, amoral Nazis.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #2928 on: November 27, 2011, 05:33:23 pm »

Considering the type of crap cops today have to deal with, including drug-fueled berserkers, bombs and people who wear them, and criminals who'll shoot at officers for a speeding ticket, is anyone REALLY surprised that some get a little "over-enthusiastic" at times? You ever see the video of a cop getting brutalized while taking a suspect to a holding cell? What about the guy who was so high that tasers had no effect? I'm sure you've heard of the Killdozer, covered in armor plating and armed with machine guns.

That's my WTF for today. People expecting cops to be perfect saints, but when they inevitably aren't bitching that all cops are evil, amoral Nazis.
Cops do not ever have an excuse to get "over-enthusiastic", potentially getting hurt is part of the risk they take when they sign up for a job. Just because there are people out there that want to hurt police officers, doesn't mean that they can do whatever they want to someone.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2929 on: November 27, 2011, 05:47:08 pm »

Cops do not ever have an excuse to get "over-enthusiastic", potentially getting hurt is part of the risk they take when they sign up for a job. Just because there are people out there that want to hurt police officers, doesn't mean that they can do whatever they want to someone.
I'm not saying that cops are "right" to hurt someone, I'm saying that they have the right to avoid getting hurt or killed. If someone is acting violent and I felt threatened, I would be within my rights to defend myself, sometimes even with lethal force. Similarly, if someone is acting in a manner that could be perceived as a threat, like struggling or suddenly reaching for something, I fully support a cop's right to defend him/herself and act accordingly.

Do cops overreact and use excessive force at times? Yes. That's what court systems are for. Does anyone really think that the cop who smashed someone's head in a Wal-Mart is gonna get off without a trial? What about the guy who blasted people with pepper spray? He's facing all sorts of punishments if it's determined that he acted inappropriately.

All I'm trying to say is that a few people here (not naming anyone) are claiming that all cops are vicious animals, when that's simply not true.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Dave1004

• Bay Watcher
  • This is getting personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2930 on: November 27, 2011, 05:51:36 pm »

I'm going to be honest. Here in Canada, at least where I am, the cops are people you trust. People who you know are there to help you, they're friends. It's probably because we don't nearly have the crimes of other countries or whatnot (Hurr durr, 30 million people in Canaedia, and 350 mil in USA? Yeah...), but it's still shocking.

The first time that my dad got a ticket, he was speeding at about 40 mph over the limit (I believe it was 90), and was pulled over. The problem was, my sister was seriously ill and we were rushing her to the hospital (We were using the 4x4, the snow was too deep for anything without big wheels to drive through. That winter, two snow plows got stuck in the snow, and were worthless.), and the cop let us go. Barely any questions asked, he just looked at my sister who was lying in the back (Without a seat belt), and gave us the thumbs up, then left.

Things like this happen all the time around here, everybody just...Knows everybody else. Even if you've never met them, they have an "Aura" of a Canaedian. I guess that's why nobody around here locks their houses when they leave, or take the keys from the ignition of their car. I really do love Canada.

Now, America on the other hand...Highest amount of people in prison in the world? Eek.

Hardcap of 200 MB/24 hours.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2931 on: November 27, 2011, 05:54:16 pm »

The first time that my dad got a ticket, he was speeding at about 40 mph over the limit (I believe it was 90), and was pulled over. The problem was, my sister was seriously ill and we were rushing her to the hospital (We were using the 4x4, the snow was too deep for anything without big wheels to drive through. That winter, two snow plows got stuck in the snow, and were worthless.), and the cop let us go. Barely any questions asked, he just looked at my sister who was lying in the back (Without a seat belt), and gave us the thumbs up, then left.

Plus there are even laws that would have protected you even if you got a ticket. I cannot remember what it is called though.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #2932 on: November 27, 2011, 05:59:40 pm »

So what you're saying is...

Quote from: Judge
So you're saying these students were MENACINGLY just sitting down? DOING ABSOLUTELY NOTHING?

And then you pepper sprayed them all?

Quote from: Police Officer
It was horrific, I was afraid one of them might've even fallen asleep. If it wasn't for me, people would've actually either had to walk around them, or listen to them! HOW GHASTLY!

Do you know that a lot of them were hospitalized?

I do my duties.

Well, this breaks so many laws, many of which are illegal during war time, but hey, you're a police officer, here's a gun, have fun.

Dave1004

• Bay Watcher
  • This is getting personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2933 on: November 27, 2011, 06:14:28 pm »

So what you're saying is...

So you're saying these students were MENACINGLY just sitting down? DOING ABSOLUTELY NOTHING?

And then you pepper sprayed them all?

It was horrific, I was afraid one of them might've even fallen asleep. If it wasn't for me, people would've actually either had to walk around them, or listen to them! HOW GHASTLY!

Do you know that a lot of them were hospitalized?

I do my duties.

Well, this breaks so many laws, many of which are illegal during war time, but hey, you're a police officer, here's a gun, have fun.

Was I supposed to laugh at that? D:...

And yeah, the truth bites huh.

Hardcap of 200 MB/24 hours.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #2934 on: November 27, 2011, 06:15:44 pm »

Satire ftw.

Also, this has happened, and if it wasn't for 4chan, he would've gotten away with it too.
(I don't think ^ has ever been said until now).

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #2935 on: November 27, 2011, 06:19:11 pm »

Although I somewhat dislike 4chan, you have to admit that they sometimes do good things. There's plenty of stories out there how an Anon saw a bad video online (For example that video of someone throwing cats off a bridge, or something like that.) and did some research and found out who it was and reported them to the police.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Welcome to Reality.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #2936 on: November 27, 2011, 06:22:00 pm »

Although I somewhat dislike 4chan, you have to admit that they sometimes do good things. There's plenty of stories out there how an Anon saw a bad video online (For example that video of someone throwing cats off a bridge, or something like that.) and did some research and found out who it was and reported them to the police.

Trolls have feelings too.
(And it was actually a whole group of people searching to find this lady, 4chan found her first :O)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2937 on: November 27, 2011, 06:22:33 pm »

Also a few stories of a person who was harassed in RL through 4chan or who got stalked through it as well.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #2938 on: November 27, 2011, 06:24:42 pm »

Also a few stories of a person who was harassed in RL through 4chan or who got stalked through it as well.

Loads of stories actually ;P
[But are they just stories? Cannot tell if troll, or truth]

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #2939 on: November 27, 2011, 06:26:06 pm »

I'm not saying 4chan is good, I'm just saying that sometimes and I really mean sometimes do good things.

But most of the time it's not good.
Welcome to Reality.
Pages: 1 ... 194 195 [196] 197 198 ... 11040