Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 187 188 [189] 190 191 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14468724 times)

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #2820 on: November 26, 2011, 07:32:09 am »

Black Friday is the day after Thanksgiving (with a bit of spillover into late Thanksgiving day) in which Americans, sick of their inlaws, flee en masse under the guise of shopping and vent their frustrations by staging public boxing tournaments with toaster ovens and childrens' toys offered up as prizes for the winners.
Sigged.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #2821 on: November 26, 2011, 02:21:29 pm »

A major reason why Black Friday is such a huge shopping day is that many, many business don't bother to open for one day (99% of non-retail, non-emergency workers get Thanksgiving off), so there's a massive number of people who have the day off, just a month before Christmas. Also, the sale prices are sometimes as much a 75% off, well below what you can get the same brand at online.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2822 on: November 26, 2011, 02:25:19 pm »

Black Friday is the day after Thanksgiving (with a bit of spillover into late Thanksgiving day) in which Americans, sick of their inlaws, flee en masse under the guise of shopping and vent their frustrations by staging public boxing tournaments with toaster ovens and childrens' toys offered up as prizes for the winners.
Sigged.

So I read this quote and opened a new tab back to the original post to read the entire discussion, then after reading the link to the article about "5 myths about Black Friday and a Reminder of Why the General Media Sucks Massive Horse Balls." or whatever I come back and read the last couple posts and move back onto this page, where I read everything over again as if I hadn't seen it before despite a horrible feeling of dejavu.

Then I get to this post again and think to myself "What the fuck am I doing?"
I blame my English homework for causing temporary retardation, earning me disability payment for the next week.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #2823 on: November 26, 2011, 03:29:02 pm »

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2824 on: November 26, 2011, 04:22:34 pm »

Not so much a wtf, but more of a fail.

The article is pretty much fail too.
Going up against ‘The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn – Part 1’ must also have harmed its prospects.
Uhh, really?

"Hmm...I think I'll go see a kids' film with animated breakdancing penguins. Oh wait! The new emo-vampire-romance is out! I'm torn...."

No. Two drastically different demographics. The sad part is that the animation is pretty sharp. It's the fact that the writers are poo, and Robin Williams just needs to be put out to pasture while he has a shred of dignity left.
I saw the first one. It was meh. Not terrible, but not great. Never understood why it was such a hit in the first place. When I saw the trailer that they were making a second one, I rolled my eyes.

But Williams will draw his multi-million paycheck for voice acting, the writers will get paid, and it's the hundreds of dedicated and skilled animation staff that get the boot. Maybe Weta and ILM can scoop up the best and brightest.

Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #2825 on: November 26, 2011, 04:49:26 pm »

I'M SURE THEY DID THEIR JOB WELL.

Also, cue the yo country so fat jokes :d

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2826 on: November 26, 2011, 05:12:55 pm »

I'M SURE THEY DID THEIR JOB WELL.

Also, cue the yo country so fat jokes :d

This made me LOL:
Overall, Britons should be eating five billion fewer calories a day than at present, he said.

I realize they're referring to the whole of the British population, but at first glance it sounded like each British person is eating five billion+ calories a day. That's a lot of bubble and squeak. Also, how can British people be so fat when their food is so bad?  :P

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #2827 on: November 26, 2011, 05:24:15 pm »

Quote from: RedKing
when their food is so bad

You sir, have made a dangerous enemy.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2828 on: November 26, 2011, 05:35:01 pm »

Quote from: RedKing
when their food is so bad

You sir, have made a dangerous enemy.

See what English food did to her??!?  :P

At least the Irish have lots of potato and salmon and beer, and the Scots have....well, no. Scottish food is fairly ghastly too. But they have enough beer and scotch to wash it down with that you don't really care.

Other than fish and chips (which is quite good), my experience with English food has been:

A. Take an ingredient (especially the innards of an animal)
B. Boil it.
C. Stick it in a pastry pie and bake it.

Kidney pie, liver pie, shepherd's pie, pork pie, and iirc there's even blood pie (like blood pudding...in a pie). And then the Aussies went one better and take the pie and dunk it in split pea soup. It's called a "pie floater". It's....not good.
I'm convinced the reason that the British Empire conquered India is for their food. It's only a half-joke that the national dish of England is chicken tikka masala.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2829 on: November 26, 2011, 05:37:18 pm »

I am also convince that the British Empire expanded so far in order to steal other culture's food in order to alleviate their own plight.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2830 on: November 26, 2011, 05:38:47 pm »

See what English food did to her??

As horribly insulting to the person as that and what I am about to say ultimately is.

I am not even sure what I am looking at in that picture. In fact I am morbidly interested. Are those eyebrows painted on?

As for what your refering to. It is because for the most part your still stuck in their "Stretching food" or "Using food you wouldn't eat normally" diet.

For example TRUE traditional Panini's probably taste horrible (Old stale soggy bread that is flattened and heated with a frying pan).

The French however fixed this with good old fashioned Snobbery, elitism, and lots and lots of butter.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #2831 on: November 26, 2011, 05:40:26 pm »

BRITISH FOOD IMPROVED HER!

Also, U IS ALL TEH RASCESZTS D:<
(Leave us alone, we have tea :3)

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2832 on: November 26, 2011, 05:44:23 pm »

Kidney pie, liver pie, shepherd's pie, pork pie, and iirc there's even blood pie (like blood pudding...in a pie).
Have you ever actually eaten sherpherd's pie?  It doesn't have any pastry and there's no boiled element to it.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #2833 on: November 26, 2011, 05:48:02 pm »

British food is teh awshums.

British food + Malaysian food + Hakka food = Woooah, why does it have tentacles?

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2834 on: November 26, 2011, 05:48:58 pm »

What I am asking is

What is British Higher cooking like?

We all know the food for the sake of food. But what about the great British food that IS great?
Pages: 1 ... 187 188 [189] 190 191 ... 11037