Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 177 178 [179] 180 181 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14474202 times)

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #2670 on: November 19, 2011, 09:50:42 am »

In EU farmers are subsidised to produce smaller amounts of food.
The US used to do that. Don't know if it still happens though.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2671 on: November 19, 2011, 09:52:11 am »

Continuing the wtfery of pictures:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2672 on: November 19, 2011, 12:23:59 pm »

I turn on my computer last night, and all of a sudden, my mouse pointer starts jittering all over the place. I guess that's what I get for getting a $10 optical mouse ::)...

That is all
Someone get this walking carpet out of my way ;).

Continuing the wtfery of pictures:
You know, that's what always disturbed me about OoT, more than anything else. Granted, Majora's Mask was its own clustermindfuck.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #2673 on: November 20, 2011, 07:02:51 am »

I'm beginning to think people who steal from thieves "drop their wallets" entirely too much for it to be an accident.

Client, an ex thief himself, and girlfriend are walking along when someone snatches girlfriend's purse. It's relatively empty (no cash money) but she clings to it anyhow. In the struggle, client pulls girlfriend off it letting thief escape. Girlfriend is pissed, until client waits for thief to be out of earshot.

Client, an ex thief himself,  holds up thief's wallet....

I suspect thief did not "drop it." Driver's license inside reveals identity and current address.... Naturally client denies any of this. Thief merely must have dropped his wallet fighting with girlfriend over purse....

There is no honor among thieves, just the fear that other thieves are better thieves than you....
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #2674 on: November 20, 2011, 07:06:36 am »

pfft hahaha!

He pinched the guys wallet while he stole his girlfriends purse? How did Girlfriend take that?
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2675 on: November 20, 2011, 07:09:46 am »

pfft hahaha!

He pinched the guys wallet while he stole his girlfriends purse? How did Girlfriend take that?

She was sorta pissed at first, then sorta dumbfounded. She's still kinda shocked and conflicted. It wasn't exactly the most romantic thing for him to do.... Smart in a way though.

The reason he made her let go, was a.) she could've really gotten hurt fighting for it, b.) he now knew exactly who thief was which gives him both official {police} and unofficial  options for getting purse back. Purse was relatively empty anyhow.... Put holds on credit cards, dispute any fraudulent charges. You haven't lost much, and you've lost nothing if you get the purse itself back.

I'm guessing he sort of got to the side and "in between" them. She's screaming, boyfriend's one hand is on purse. In the distraction, other hand is on thief's wallet. Dangerous as hell, but this guy knew what he was doing (Do NOT try at home, it's a great way to get shot). Thankfully thief had no gun {otherwise he'd have just shown it and gotten what he wanted}. Just a straight grab and run operation.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2011, 07:26:35 am by Truean »

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2676 on: November 20, 2011, 01:38:48 pm »

Nintendo's early testing included throwing Game Boys from a three story building.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #2677 on: November 20, 2011, 01:47:51 pm »

I find the thief story to be a beautiful example of ironic justice, and quite honorable if nothing was taken from the wallet.

It's better than what my wife did when she encountered a purse snatcher.  She chased him probably 150 yards or so (and straight through traffic on a busy highway), tackled him, and beat the crap out of him until he apologized and gave it back.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2678 on: November 20, 2011, 02:05:16 pm »

I find the thief story to be a beautiful example of ironic justice, and quite honorable if nothing was taken from the wallet.

It's better than what my wife did when she encountered a purse snatcher.  She chased him probably 150 yards or so (and straight through traffic on a busy highway), tackled him, and beat the crap out of him until he apologized and gave it back.

LMFAO, your wife deserves some serious kudos for that one.
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Truean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2679 on: November 20, 2011, 02:09:02 pm »

LMFAO, your wife deserves some serious kudos for that one.

Awesome. Clearly she wasn't wearing heels :). I like her already; I have a galpal who did something similar.  That ended with a mounted Cleveland Police Officer scaring the guy half to death though. Why yes, that is a horse nostril staring down at you.... Two actually. :P

Also no one said nothing was taken from wallet and I simply can't be sure. Did thief's wallet have no cash before or after ex thief got ahold of it...? Who knows.

Please don't quote me.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #2680 on: November 20, 2011, 02:41:51 pm »

Awesome. Clearly she wasn't wearing heels :). I like her already; I have a galpal who did something similar.  That ended with a mounted Cleveland Police Officer scaring the guy half to death though. Why yes, that is a horse nostril staring down at you.... Two actually. :P

Also no one said nothing was taken from wallet and I simply can't be sure. Did thief's wallet have no cash before or after ex thief got ahold of it...? Who knows.

Yeah, she's got an indomitable spirit that I'm often quite proud of.  I only wish she could direct it towards kicking her own ass sometimes, instead of someone else's :P

But still, a safer, less violent solution is always preferable.  And I didn't assume that the guy took nothing from the wallet, just that if he hadn't, it would have very much counted as an act of honor among thieves.  If he did take something... well... I direct you to 2:52.
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2681 on: November 20, 2011, 03:25:43 pm »

Yeah, she's got an indomitable spirit that I'm often quite proud of.  I only wish she could direct it towards kicking her own ass sometimes, instead of someone else's :P

But still, a safer, less violent solution is always preferable.  And I didn't assume that the guy took nothing from the wallet, just that if he hadn't, it would have very much counted as an act of honor among thieves.  If he did take something... well... I direct you to 2:52.

I love that magnificent bastard.

I say again, There is no honor among thieves, just the fear that other thieves are better thieves than you....
« Last Edit: November 20, 2011, 04:24:44 pm by Truean »

Please don't quote me.

Kogut

• Bay Watcher
  • Next account: Bulwersator
    • View Profile
The worst bug - 34.11 poll
Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod
Kogut, the Bugfixes apostle of Bay12forum. Every posts he makes he preaches about the evil of Bugs.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #2683 on: November 20, 2011, 04:36:18 pm »

this.
What.

I can guarantee that 80% of kids in schools make racist jokes, they do it all of the time. There are kids running around calling each other "Jews" for christ sake, and they arrest a girl for not being able to understand someone?
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Pages: 1 ... 177 178 [179] 180 181 ... 11037