Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 161 162 [163] 164 165 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14444283 times)

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #2430 on: November 08, 2011, 09:13:39 pm »

Spoiler: Binding of Isaac pic (click to show/hide)

I'd promised myself to not look at the wiki and spoil stuff, this made me reconsider.
*Hugs*

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #2431 on: November 08, 2011, 09:14:31 pm »

Spoiler: Binding of Isaac pic (click to show/hide)

I'd promised myself to not look at the wiki and spoil stuff, this made me reconsider.

Where the hell do you start.

Tlc2011

• Bay Watcher
  • ..No idea what to put here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2432 on: November 08, 2011, 11:53:39 pm »

One response, one response only.

My brain, it's full of fuck

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #2433 on: November 08, 2011, 11:58:19 pm »

Now you know what we need for a stack.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2434 on: November 09, 2011, 06:39:43 am »

Don't take the red pill :P

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #2435 on: November 09, 2011, 01:17:23 pm »

A (very) few Ohio senators are openly talking about trying to ban collective barganing again next year. For those of you who don't follow Ohio politics, the collective barganing bill the Ohio Legislature passed earlier this year went down in flames last night, with more people voting against it than voted in the 2010 gubernatorial race. How dumb can they be?
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #2436 on: November 09, 2011, 03:59:12 pm »

How have I never heard of this before? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1961_Goldsboro_B-52_crash
3.8 megaton thermonuclear weapon accidentally dropped in North Carolina which had 5 of its 6 arming mechanisms trigger during the crash. Turns out most of central NC was almost turned into a smoking nuclear crater in 1961.

Kogut

• Bay Watcher
  • Next account: Bulwersator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2437 on: November 09, 2011, 04:01:48 pm »

and "The second bomb plunged into a muddy field at around 700 miles per hour (310 m/s) and disintegrated."
The worst bug - 34.11 poll
Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod
Kogut, the Bugfixes apostle of Bay12forum. Every posts he makes he preaches about the evil of Bugs.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2438 on: November 09, 2011, 04:04:52 pm »

Oh yeah. IIRC they never found the warhead. Our local NPR station had a great interview with one of the crew not too long ago, about how he parachuted out, and walked to a farmhouse, got a ride back to Seymour Johnson, and then when he tried to come onto base they placed him under arrest. Wacky situation.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2439 on: November 09, 2011, 04:07:08 pm »

Oh yeah. IIRC they never found the warhead.
*Adds item to global conquest plan*
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #2440 on: November 09, 2011, 07:35:09 pm »

A (very) few Ohio senators are openly talking about trying to ban collective barganing again next year. For those of you who don't follow Ohio politics, the collective barganing bill the Ohio Legislature passed earlier this year went down in flames last night, with more people voting against it than voted in the 2010 gubernatorial race. How dumb can they be?

Very. Lots of people still know nothing about what the bill is and insist it has little to do with collective bargaining. It has a lot to do with it.

Perhaps the real WTF moment goes to how they make it hard to even know if you're voting for or against a bill by voting "yes"or "no."
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #2441 on: November 09, 2011, 07:45:41 pm »

(It's windy out, probably a storm sometime later tonight)
I get a text from one of the nearby area codes. "Those citizens are CRAZY. I doubt they own any land any way [sic]."
Me: "Er... What? who is this?"
Half hour later: "The Sheriff, aren't you at the BOC meeting"
Me: "Um... I think you have the wrong number"
The "Sheriff": "Sorry"

Now I'm tempted to find out what this BOC meeting had going on.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #2442 on: November 09, 2011, 07:52:43 pm »

How have I never heard of this before? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1961_Goldsboro_B-52_crash
3.8 megaton thermonuclear weapon accidentally dropped in North Carolina which had 5 of its 6 arming mechanisms trigger during the crash. Turns out most of central NC was almost turned into a smoking nuclear crater in 1961.
And five years later....

Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2443 on: November 09, 2011, 08:02:09 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #2444 on: November 09, 2011, 08:14:02 pm »

Very. Lots of people still know nothing about what the bill is and insist it has little to do with collective bargaining. It has a lot to do with it.

Perhaps the real WTF moment goes to how they make it hard to even know if you're voting for or against a bill by voting "yes"or "no."
My point is that even overwhelmingly-Republican areas voted the bill down. Out of Ohio's 88 counties, the measure passed in five of them. In none of the five was the margin more than a few percent. The bill is political poison. Trying to keep the republican party tied to that set of reforms (they have suggested eliminating everything but collective bargaining from the retry to avoid "union poisoning of the voter pool") is like lashing the Carpathia to the Titanic.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.
Pages: 1 ... 161 162 [163] 164 165 ... 11040