Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 140 141 [142] 143 144 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14443975 times)

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #2115 on: October 16, 2011, 02:59:48 am »

Im pretty sure if I went to australia, once I stepped foot off the plane i'd be swooped up by a deadly carnivorous bird.

No, we use deadly carnivorous birds as planes, and Commonwealth regulations prevent them from coming within five hundred meters of one another. This is enforced by antigravity drop bear mines.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #2116 on: October 16, 2011, 04:36:32 am »

I was flipping channels and happened upon an infomercial, that is just really really stupid. I don't expect infomercials to be smart, far from it. But this one is just too stupid.

Its for a heating system, made by the amish. Thats fine because they actually have those, but its electronic. Then they go on to interview the leader of an amish group who makes the electronic fireplaces, and he as a northern USA accent.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2117 on: October 16, 2011, 05:47:09 am »

Im pretty sure if I went to australia, once I stepped foot off the plane i'd be swooped up by a deadly carnivorous bird.

No, we use deadly carnivorous birds as planes, and Commonwealth regulations prevent them from coming within five hundred meters of one another. This is enforced by antigravity drop bear mines.
Spoiler: You mean these? (click to show/hide)

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #2118 on: October 16, 2011, 05:53:37 am »

Spoiler: You mean these? (click to show/hide)

You of all people should know not to throw around classified government documents like that, HongWang.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #2119 on: October 16, 2011, 09:59:24 am »

Remember the Middle Ages?

Never happened???

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2120 on: October 16, 2011, 10:07:37 am »

You may be interested in this book as well (site in Dutch, english translation here, courtesty of Google)

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #2121 on: October 16, 2011, 11:06:44 am »

I was flipping channels and happened upon an infomercial, that is just really really stupid. I don't expect infomercials to be smart, far from it. But this one is just too stupid.

Its for a heating system, made by the amish. Thats fine because they actually have those, but its electronic. Then they go on to interview the leader of an amish group who makes the electronic fireplaces, and he as a northern USA accent.
The Amish make the wooden cases, which are often quite lovely. The guts come out of a factory.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2122 on: October 16, 2011, 01:13:50 pm »

Is it weird that the more I hear about deadly things in Australia, the more I want to go there?~

Quite the opposite effect with me.
The same with me. It seems like Australia is the deadliest place in the world.
And I just realized something. The British threw their convicts there once, and you know what? They survived. The British created a breed of human that can easily disregard the laws of humanity, AND survive in a place where every five feet there's something that can kill you horribly.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2123 on: October 16, 2011, 01:34:06 pm »

Does that mean Aussies are sardukar?

fakeedit: And would that make Ghurkas fremmen?

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2124 on: October 16, 2011, 01:54:34 pm »

Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2125 on: October 16, 2011, 06:08:39 pm »

http://i.imgur.com/CYXIm.png
That's some boss from the third Streets of Rage game hacked into the first or just a modded image.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #2126 on: October 16, 2011, 08:46:41 pm »

Minding my own business on my computer, and all of a sudden, I have an 8-legged visitor (and a sizable 'smart one', as I call them). One WTF was that I wasn't terrified as usual (got over my fear a good time ago), but I was taken aback at the sight of it casually walking across my desk. That's the first WTF.

Failing to get it out my usual ways, I think that has to qualify as a "What the hell am I doing?" moment. I took a spare mouse and rapidly started clicking as a way to communicate with it (or curse it out in it's tongue). Kinda inspired by the thought that why they keep coming at me towards my machine, especially towards the speakers, mouse, and keyboard first (on top of the desk, not from below; a better blind-spot), is because of those very devices. Rapid clicking and other odds and ends frequencies flying around acts like a siren's song to them, and they just home in towards me if within earshot. So why not? Let's try it out.

I dunno what I said through the random mouse clickings, but I haven't seen the spider return yet. Must've sounded like a mad man or a chimera of species, or it was terrified that I was talking like it with the patterned and erratic clicking going on. I see it again, I'll see if I can tell it to get away so I won't have to crush it via clicking. I can imagine seeing a curious giant trying to speak like us would be rather disconcerting. Happy Halloween spider. Now get out.

EDIT:
Okay, so maybe it's no longer hanging out around my desk anymore, but yeah, I definitely had my own "What the hell am I doing?" moment there. Now I feel silly for having to resort to doing that to coax a spider into range.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2011, 09:04:38 pm by Itnetlolor »

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2127 on: October 16, 2011, 09:57:34 pm »

Failing to get it out my usual ways, I think that has to qualify as a "What the hell am I doing?" moment. I took a spare mouse and rapidly started clicking as a way to communicate with it (or curse it out in it's tongue).
Attention dispatch, we have an Arachnid Sympathizer in the district, name of Itnetlolor, move to contain.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2128 on: October 16, 2011, 10:08:50 pm »

http://i.imgur.com/CYXIm.png
That's some boss from the third Streets of Rage game hacked into the first or just a modded image.
I wanna say that's from SoR Remake.  Using one of the unlockable characters...yea, that guy...and doing the bad guy ending.   Hmm, can you imagine being bossed around by a boxing kangaroo? 
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2129 on: October 16, 2011, 10:22:59 pm »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrSkvqsZEio
I opened it in 7 tabs... My ears feel epic but very WTF'y.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!
Pages: 1 ... 140 141 [142] 143 144 ... 11040