Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 137 138 [139] 140 141 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14445588 times)

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #2070 on: October 13, 2011, 07:28:59 am »

I don't know what your sexual preference has to do with making babies nowadays ;), but gratz on being dead (making babies actually transfers your soul into them, did you know? Soulless husks vaguely resembling what we once were...)

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2071 on: October 13, 2011, 07:35:04 am »

I'd imagine that only counts for people who actually get to raise their child.
*Hugs*

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #2072 on: October 13, 2011, 08:25:00 am »

Sorry.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2073 on: October 13, 2011, 08:26:32 am »

Eh, She's with a good family, stealing their souls I suppose ;D
I still get to see her from time to time as well.
*Hugs*

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #2074 on: October 13, 2011, 08:34:09 am »

Eh, She's with a good family, stealing their souls I suppose ;D
I still get to see her from time to time as well.
Ah, you get to play "aunt", get all the good and leave the bad stuff to others? Awesome :D

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2075 on: October 13, 2011, 08:36:24 am »

Until she's old enough to start wondering who this random girl is, then I shall vanish, I'd much rather she grow up not knowing I'm her mother.
*Hugs*

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #2076 on: October 13, 2011, 08:10:09 pm »

Someone went off on me today for not liking the death penalty....

My reply: "We're a defense firm, our clients tend to disfavor being executed...."

They knew this long before I said it.... Really, you want a criminal defense lawyer favoring it...? ???
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #2077 on: October 13, 2011, 08:15:39 pm »

To be fair, for most people, their opinion of capital punishment (or any policy, for that matter) tends to be largely independence of their profession. Add in defense attorney's long-sought reputation for total objectivity regarding their clients, it makes sense that someone wouldn't automatically assume you were opposed. Don't see how anyone would feel justified in going off on you for a reasoned opinion on a political issue, though.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #2078 on: October 13, 2011, 08:21:28 pm »

To be fair, for most people, their opinion of capital punishment (or any policy, for that matter) tends to be largely independence of their profession. Add in defense attorney's long-sought reputation for total objectivity regarding their clients, it makes sense that someone wouldn't automatically assume you were opposed. Don't see how anyone would feel justified in going off on you for a reasoned opinion on a political issue, though.

Agreed.

True, but.... Gee, a guy representing criminal defendants saying things against their execution; now I've seen everything.... :P :)
I can see where you're coming from, honestly, and its a reasonable position. I think the issue was more how they were shocked I could oppose it at all, like I was nuts or something for doing so.... <--I think that was more of the issue with their astonishment.

It isn't about right, wrong, or even what position you take on the issue. It's about me basically doing my job. I mean:
"Yeah, the death penalty's great, stick the needle in 'im...." <--- Things I'll never say.
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #2079 on: October 13, 2011, 08:23:20 pm »

Eh, I spend a week every month constantly bleeding and I'm fine.
;D

Famous last words.

You're young and innocent  :P
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Galick

• Bay Watcher
  • Dolly says you can help me...can you help me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2080 on: October 13, 2011, 11:43:15 pm »

I was sick and bored with nothing much to do so I started reading something.  What the fuck have I begun.

Why oh why was I 'smart' enough to download the FATAL .pdf and start to read, WHY?
Damn you google, why are you always so far away? Sitting at the top of my interwebs window, mocking me with you easy information. You are the prostitute of the internet.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #2081 on: October 13, 2011, 11:46:41 pm »

Whatw the fatal pdf?
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Galick

• Bay Watcher
  • Dolly says you can help me...can you help me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2082 on: October 13, 2011, 11:49:38 pm »

Whatw the fatal pdf?

You poor soul.  I don't want to scar you forever, so I'll put this behind a spoiler.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Damn you google, why are you always so far away? Sitting at the top of my interwebs window, mocking me with you easy information. You are the prostitute of the internet.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2083 on: October 13, 2011, 11:52:27 pm »

Dude, the FATAL manual isn't for when you're bored. It's for when you want another excuse to overdose on Brain Bleach.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #2084 on: October 14, 2011, 12:06:34 am »

http://wiki.rpg.net/index.php/Worst_RPGs_ever   ..... wtf?

F.A.T.A.L., which has been called "the date rape RPG, without dating" and has a stat for a character's "anal circumference";
Pages: 1 ... 137 138 [139] 140 141 ... 11040