Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 135 136 [137] 138 139 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14448588 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #2040 on: October 11, 2011, 11:41:20 am »

I had a half-day at work yesterday, because it was Columbus day. I work at a religious organization, and I get a half-day because it's a holiday that not only has nothing to do with religion, but is based entirely on a guy being wrong about where he was at the time(Columbus always believed he reached India).

Work, make goddamn sense!

Not to mention Columbus was not the first European in America, the Vikings beat him here by about half a millenium.

My blood. It's bloody dark, nearly black. How did it get this dark?

It's time you knew the truth.

Your parents are not your real parents.  They found you as an infant, alone in a burned out village.  The elves left not a single orc alive, but you.

Your mother hid you well, and your father fought valiantly to distract them further... with this sword.  Take it.  Now go and avenge!

Edit:  Arterial blood is very dark, especially as anything more than a thin film.  I've cleaned up large quantities of it before.
Arterial blood is very dark, especially as anything more than a thin film.  I've cleaned up large quantities of it before.
I've cleaned up large quantities of it before.
Not sure if I wanna know...
Am I the only one concerned with why AoD is bleeding, and how, not why, he is checking it a second time?
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2041 on: October 11, 2011, 11:57:43 am »

Columbus Day is on the verge of joining Arbor Day and Confederate Memorial Day in the dustbin of holidays.

Also, for some reason I now want to celebrate Confederate Arbor Day. When we remember those brave secessionist trees who died for the cause, their wood going to make rifle stocks and split-rail fortifications.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2042 on: October 11, 2011, 02:53:07 pm »

there was a huge plate of cookies, too.

Home made or store bought?
Home-made.

Also, I had a very vivid dream last night. Then I woke up this morning and was confused as to why I didn't have wings. =\
And now I have tons of homework, and I had a student council meeting and a long three hour thing going on later tonight, so I'll probably be up till 1AM or something.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #2043 on: October 11, 2011, 05:51:37 pm »

Also, I had a very vivid dream last night. Then I woke up this morning and was confused as to why I didn't have wings. =\
Not sure why that'd make you WTF. I just expect that I don't have wings :P

I have had that before though. And a tail. That was really interesting, because I tried to use a non-existent tail for something...

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #2044 on: October 11, 2011, 08:40:01 pm »

Looking at my gmail a couple minutes ago and I see in the bottom-left "Currently in use in (1) other locations"

I look at it, and it lists an ip in new york as being logged onto my account....

Quickly hit "log out all other sessions" and change my password... hopefully they stay gone... wtf...
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #2045 on: October 11, 2011, 08:48:24 pm »

What ISP do you use? There may be a proxy involved.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #2046 on: October 11, 2011, 09:00:41 pm »

What ISP do you use? There may be a proxy involved.

I'm at work right now, and it's not something I've ever noticed from here before.  My first thought was I might have left my e-mail up at home, but I'm pretty sure I didn't and that if I did, it wouldn't have shown me an ip from new york.  At home I use Brighthouse.
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2047 on: October 11, 2011, 09:04:43 pm »

My blood. It's bloody dark, nearly black. How did it get this dark?

It's time you knew the truth.

Your parents are not your real parents.  They found you as an infant, alone in a burned out village.  The elves left not a single orc alive, but you.

Your mother hid you well, and your father fought valiantly to distract them further... with this sword.  Take it.  Now go and avenge!

Edit:  Arterial blood is very dark, especially as anything more than a thin film.  I've cleaned up large quantities of it before.
Arterial blood is very dark, especially as anything more than a thin film.  I've cleaned up large quantities of it before.
I've cleaned up large quantities of it before.
Not sure if I wanna know...
Am I the only one concerned with why AoD is bleeding, and how, not why, he is checking it a second time?
I'm guessing it's an "internal nosebleed", I have a problem with really bad nose bleeds when the air dries out during the winter. For some reason the membranes in my sinuses dry out easily and get rather raw, which leads to some nasty nosebleeds sometimes.
Seriously, it can really come pumping out sometimes. I remember once I rubbed my nose and out of the blue, blood came spurting out Japanese pervert style.

Anyway, yeah. There's a tendency to have blood trickle down the back of my throat. Which leads to me coughing up blood. I'd guess that's what's going on, rather than say, TB.
I'm not saying it's not something you should look into, just that I doubt it's anything major.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #2048 on: October 11, 2011, 09:10:49 pm »

I'm guessing it's an "internal nosebleed", I have a problem with really bad nose bleeds when the air dries out during the winter. For some reason the membranes in my sinuses dry out easily and get rather raw, which leads to some nasty nosebleeds sometimes.
Seriously, it can really come pumping out sometimes. I remember once I rubbed my nose and out of the blue, blood came spurting out Japanese pervert style.

I used to have this same problem.  I was told I had a big varicose vein deep in my nose.  I would get completely random never-ending nose bleeds.  I once had a drip for 5 hours.  People would tell me you're supposed to hold your nose and tilt your head back, but that would just cause it to drop down my throat.  After getting it cauterized a couple times in my late teens, they've been very rare for me as an adult.  The cauterization method sucked, though.  The doctor stuck an acid-coated wire up my nose, way up into my sinuses, and I had to hold perfectly still.
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #2049 on: October 11, 2011, 09:29:37 pm »

On the plus side, blood is fucking delicious, giving obnoxious nosebleeds at least one upside.

EDIT: Unrelated, but what does it say about me that I've been here less than a week and I've already found a theoretically exploitable hole in a majorly important security thing? It's not something I could take advantage of, and for that matter it's not something I would, but the fact that I was thinking of it in the first place kinda weirds me out a bit.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2011, 09:44:29 pm by Bauglir »
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2050 on: October 11, 2011, 10:55:14 pm »

On the plus side, blood is fucking delicious, giving obnoxious nosebleeds at least one upside.
Seriously? Because blood has always been rather ick to me. The taste I don't mind so much, but the smell drives me crazy. If nails on a chalkboard could be a smell that's what it would smell like.
It's probably one of those hunter instinct things.

Scaraban

• Bay Watcher
  • One Crazy Ass Giant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2051 on: October 11, 2011, 10:59:21 pm »

I hunt at least three times a year and I hate the taste of blood...
It's a long way to the top if you want dank memes.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2052 on: October 11, 2011, 11:31:21 pm »

If anybody is still curious as to how I was bleeding, it was because I accidently stabbed myself in the wrist.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Scaraban

• Bay Watcher
  • One Crazy Ass Giant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2053 on: October 11, 2011, 11:45:35 pm »

If anybody is still curious as to how I was bleeding, it was because I accidently stabbed myself in the wrist.
You just cannot catch a break.
It's a long way to the top if you want dank memes.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #2054 on: October 12, 2011, 02:37:41 am »

I think I dislike far more the smell of blood than the taste (which I don't relish). The likely reason is that I've associated it with long evenings spent in the dissection room.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.
Pages: 1 ... 135 136 [137] 138 139 ... 11040