Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14454916 times)

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #1950 on: October 04, 2011, 03:25:48 pm »

Indiana has this crap, too... except they even punish proxy swear words.  I've seen kids get sent home for saying "freak" or "that sucks".  A couple teachers at my kid's school even go the extra mile and punish the word "hate".  Hiro could get in trouble for saying he hates vegetables. 

They sound like some bitch-ass whack motherfuckers who run that school.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2011, 05:28:15 pm by Bohandas »
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1951 on: October 04, 2011, 04:50:15 pm »

Even up here in Illinois we see those sorts of rules. I got a month long suspension as a fourth grader for saying the word shit. A grand total of two people heard me say it, and closer to 400 kids heard about me saying it. It's a good thing to pursue the punishment of disruptive stuff, like if I had screamed it at a pep rally, but I think most cases are like mine, where the pursuit is worse than the action.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1952 on: October 04, 2011, 04:57:55 pm »

Also, there's a CAUTION: WET FLOOR sign on the floor here at the library. Only, it's a carpeted floor.

I worked at a hotel once as a janitor/night security/night houseman/fixing what the guests broke in the middle of the night guy.  After shampooing the carpets, or near the doors after rainstorms I had orders to put down wet floor signs.  It was probably more for the guests that walked around the hallways with no shoes on instead of slipping though.

And suspensions never made sense to me.  They don't want to be there, the faculty knows they don't want to be there, yet they use suspension as a punishment anyway.  The only ones it punishes are the parents who have to hire a babysitter for younger kids, and not the cheap younger babysitters either, they're at school, they need the high dollar ones who carry around a ruler and a bottle of vodka in their bag and yell at kids in old world languages.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2011, 04:59:37 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #1953 on: October 04, 2011, 05:58:42 pm »

The point of suspensions is to make the parent deal with the problem, whatever that problem is. The biggest problem educators face, at least in my part of the country, is that too many parents treat the schools like a free daily babysitting service, and don't really get involved with their child's education, either because they don't care or they work two jobs and are too tired.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1954 on: October 04, 2011, 08:11:48 pm »

My mum thinks the Bible says something about all the internet related censoring going on nowadays.

Seriously, what the fuck?

Tactical facepalm inbound. All forumites are strongly adviced to seek shelter.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1955 on: October 04, 2011, 08:15:34 pm »

My mum thinks the Bible says something about all the internet related censoring going on nowadays.

How does that even work? I can't think of anything from the bible related to censored communications or networks of such.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1956 on: October 04, 2011, 08:17:08 pm »

The fun thing about the Bible is that people can get away with interpreting the hell out of it.

It's one of the parts of my religion I am (or try to be) disillusioned towards.
Nothing important here, move along.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1957 on: October 04, 2011, 10:35:06 pm »

Well, you can interpret the hell out of pretty much any literary work. The only difference is that people try to use that particular book as a basis for living their lives, so the stupidity foolishness strange ideas that they come up with are visible to people who aren't other English majors.

(And yeah, I was trying really, really hard to not let my cynicism about religion color that. I want to love and tolerate, but when I see the sort of crap that people twist their religion to justify.  :-\)

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

klingon13524

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mongols are cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1958 on: October 05, 2011, 07:23:27 am »

What scriptures? I could probably come up with a half-decent counter-argument.
By creating a gobstopper that never loses its flavor he broke thermodynamics
Maybe it's parasitic. It never loses its flavor because you eventually die from having your nutrients stolen by it.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1959 on: October 05, 2011, 07:32:31 am »

How does that even work? I can't think of anything from the bible related to censored communications or networks of such.
Didn't you know? The Bible is actually very informative about the Internet.

Revelations 8:43: Lo, and in the last days, all the kings on the earth and the high priests shall gather together and shall toil in secret to keep hidden that which God hath provided for all men. And the people shall cry out and say to one another, 'Seriously, WTF?'
And then shall a bear come forth (which is like unto a man), and he shall grin impiously and go forth to defile the children.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #1960 on: October 05, 2011, 07:51:47 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Didn't you know? The Bible is actually very informative about the Internet.

Revelations 8:43: Lo, and in the last days, all the kings on the earth and the high priests shall gather together and shall toil in secret to keep hidden that which God hath provided for all men. And the people shall cry out and say to one another, 'Seriously, WTF?'
And then shall a bear come forth (which is like unto a man), and he shall grin impiously and go forth to defile the children.

Bahaha, I think I love you.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #1961 on: October 05, 2011, 08:17:35 am »

In all seriousness, the cyclic nature of history and the vague way in which Blblical prophecy is worded means that it's not so far-fetched to see one's own times reflected in said prophecies. It's the same way in which credit cards and national IDs have been linked to the Beast.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1962 on: October 05, 2011, 08:26:35 am »

In all seriousness, the cyclic nature of history and the vague way in which Blblical prophecy is worded means that it's not so far-fetched to see one's own times reflected in said prophecies. It's the same way in which credit cards and national IDs have been linked to the Beast.
But no one bats an eye at Steam. Yeah, I'm onto you Valve.

V+A+L+V+E = 62
S+T+E+A+M = 58
62 + 58 = 120

Both "Valve" and "Steam" have five letters, which is the key to the cipher. Factored by 3 (the Holy Trinity) to make 5.55.

120 x 5.55 = 666!!

Wake up, people!! That urge you get to buy cheap games every time you log onto Steam? That's Satan tempting you!

(yeah, so I'm in a snarky mood re: religion this morning. Besides, my methodology is no less sound than most numerologists and doomsayers.)

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #1963 on: October 05, 2011, 08:28:27 am »

Believe me, I have nothing but contempt for numerologists.

MC Dirty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1964 on: October 05, 2011, 08:43:08 am »

Spoiler: OMGHUGEPICTURE (click to show/hide)
What...
I'm sorry, just...
What...

Also, RedKing, that's pretty clever right there. Gotta remember that!
Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 11040