Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14458173 times)

NotAQuisling

• Bay Watcher
  • Openly Fey
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #1890 on: October 02, 2011, 04:03:35 pm »

Reading articles when...

Mouse spasm attack!It starts freaking out and clicking and shooting around in circles when I try to use it opening up random things in its unbridled fury. Then...it stops and goes back to normal.
I think it's time for a new mouse.
Download complete in 15 Days and 7 Hours

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1891 on: October 02, 2011, 04:05:05 pm »

Reading articles when...

Mouse spasm attack! It starts freaking out and clicking and shooting around in circles when I try to use it opening up random things in its unbridled fury. Then... it stops and goes back to normal.
Is your mouse wireless? I had a wireless mouse that did stuff similar to that. It once managed to open 32 files before I could stop it.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1892 on: October 02, 2011, 04:06:33 pm »

Reading articles when...

Mouse spasm attack! It starts freaking out and clicking and shooting around in circles when I try to use it opening up random things in its unbridled fury. Then... it stops and goes back to normal.
Is your mouse wireless? I had a wireless mouse that did stuff similar to that. It once managed to open 32 files before I could stop it.
All my old wireless mice do are randomly spaz out into non-responsiveness, not clickspam. Seems like I've gotten the luckier of the two possibilites.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

NotAQuisling

• Bay Watcher
  • Openly Fey
    • View Profile
« Reply #1893 on: October 02, 2011, 04:09:37 pm »

Nah its connected and very old. The scroll wheels broken and will randomly jump around and scroll about.
At one point in time it plain stopped working so I had to use the numpad mouse which is how I managed to stop it in its berserk rage.
I need a priest.
Download complete in 15 Days and 7 Hours

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1894 on: October 03, 2011, 07:11:34 am »

High anxiety over school and work and call in to take a day off from work to chill.   Well what the hell? somehow calling in and knowing I have the full day off to relax just made me more anxious.  That makes no damn sense.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #1895 on: October 03, 2011, 07:30:21 am »

Time for another idiot criminal of the day

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
  • I knew you were coming. Nonetheless, welcome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1896 on: October 03, 2011, 11:22:53 am »

My WTF:
Milgram obedience experiment.
Sometimes, Human psychology is the scariest thing of all.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #1897 on: October 03, 2011, 02:45:56 pm »

My WTF:
Milgram obedience experiment.
Sometimes, Human psychology is the scariest thing of all.

Stanford Prison Experiment is also very important and disturbing.

The majority of people need to be much more aware of the lessons of these two events.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #1898 on: October 03, 2011, 03:29:35 pm »

Both of those experiments have ome under very hevy criticism for flawed methodology.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
  • I knew you were coming. Nonetheless, welcome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1899 on: October 03, 2011, 04:24:45 pm »

Both of those experiments have ome under very hevy criticism for flawed methodology.
The Milgram experiment has come under heavy criticism? I've only found one site claiming that the Milgram experiment was flawed, and their argument was filled with holes and inductive reasoning.

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1900 on: October 03, 2011, 04:49:05 pm »

A man chooses, a slave obeys.

If I recall correctly, the issue with it is that it took a loooong time for any form of debriefing to occur after the experiment. For all those people knew for months on end, they had personally killed or at least seriously shocked the crap out of some "victims" who probably didn't have a clue what they themselves were getting into and the participants had to live with that knowledge until they were told much later that it wasn't real.

That, and it took a lot of persistence for participants to remove themselves from the experiment. Nowadays, you can't be obstructed from removing yourself from an experiment.
Wiki says that recent reenactments of the experiment found roughly the same obedience figures, even when they applied real shocks to a puppy. Interestingly enough, Western countries show far higher obedience levels than many Far-Eastern and some Muslim countries.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1901 on: October 03, 2011, 05:00:35 pm »

I remember that experiment being mentioned in psychology class about a year ago.  Teacher used it as example of immorality in experiments.  I didn't actually think the experiment was all that immoral, nobody was physically harmed and I can't think of any way to perform the experiment without contaminating the result.

It was told it was immoral because of a lack of full disclosure.  But if that was the issue how does drug research work?  When they compare the effects of a drug to a placebo control they have to tell the placebo takers they are taking a placebo?  But that can't be right because it contaminates the experiment.

I agree that there should be morality in experiments, but that experiment did everything they could to keep moral while still getting a useable result.  The not telling the people until a time has passes also may have been to keep from contaminating the experiment.  It's hard to run the experiment when after the first few sets of people did their thing, everybody and their mother knew exactly what was going on.

P.S. I dunno, maybe i'm just a terrible person.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2011, 05:06:04 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1902 on: October 03, 2011, 05:13:09 pm »

Unfortunately, certain facets of modern scientific ethics make certain experiments impossible. Which is why I fully support mad science. No pesky ethics means more options.
Nothing important here, move along.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #1903 on: October 03, 2011, 05:17:39 pm »

Although the experiment is kind of creepy, if I did it i'd probally walk away with better insight. I'd personally know first hand that just doing what your told isn't always a good thing.

Oh, and it would be one hell of a practical joke.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1904 on: October 03, 2011, 05:59:22 pm »

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
ITS LIKE GAME OF THRONES GUYSE
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡