Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14460756 times)

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #1845 on: September 27, 2011, 07:57:25 pm »

Do you have a family history of diabetes?

If not, she's just being paranoid. If so, then she has a legitimate reason to worry.

Unless you're overweight, though, it's probably not going to affect you.
Nothing important here, move along.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #1846 on: September 27, 2011, 07:58:24 pm »

If not, she's just being paranoid. If so, then she has a legitimate reason to worry.

Nope, the only person in my family with diabetes is my step father. And im not overweight, im pretty slim. Sure im not the healthiest person out there, but I consider myself somewhat fit for my age.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1847 on: September 27, 2011, 08:02:37 pm »

My little brother play's Black Ops, which I already knew. What I didn't know is that he trashtalks, he is 9.
What does he say? :P
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #1848 on: September 27, 2011, 08:17:53 pm »

My little brother play's Black Ops, which I already knew. What I didn't know is that he trashtalks, he is 9.
What does he say? :P
I ran into his room (My room, he just says its his to piss me off.), and i'd rather not repeat it. God damnit, why do I let him listen to people on Xbox Live.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1849 on: September 28, 2011, 03:26:50 am »

I had a sleep deprivation hallucination a few days back. Wow... It was strange.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Tlc2011

• Bay Watcher
  • ..No idea what to put here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1850 on: September 28, 2011, 05:48:51 pm »

I keep mistaking a lamp upstairs for Slender Man.

...I feel stupid.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #1851 on: September 28, 2011, 06:38:05 pm »

"Are you going to have sweet dreams tonight, honey?"
"Yes, of monsters."
"Wouldn't you rather dream of the beach? Or are they nice monsters?"
"No they're mean and they're going to eat me. Good night, daddy."

O_o

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #1852 on: September 28, 2011, 07:01:02 pm »

"Are you going to have sweet dreams tonight, honey?"
"Yes, of monsters."
"Wouldn't you rather dream of the beach? Or are they nice monsters?"
"No they're mean and they're going to eat me. Good night, daddy."

O_o

That kid is epic.  They've already conquered their fears, which for many people is the most difficult form of self-control.  They'll probably be the type of person who can accomplish whatever they set their mind to.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #1853 on: September 29, 2011, 04:47:15 am »

That kid is epic.  They've already conquered their fears, which for many people is the most difficult form of self-control.  They'll probably be the type of person who can accomplish whatever they set their mind to.
Yeah, she knows that, but I'm not sure I'm liking it.  :-\

"No, you can't have X"
She, completely baffled: "But... I want it!?!"
"I know, honey, but you still can't have it."
"But I want it!"

It's fine when she does that in "life", but it'd be nice if she just resigned and stopped fighting once in a while... At least when she's with me ;)

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #1854 on: September 29, 2011, 07:16:08 pm »

It's autumn. What is more WTF is that my girls spent the day baking at the beach. Only when the summer is over, we get summer weather.  ???

Or: the new employee who talks about her research in Africa: on how girls that were kidnapped by rebels, thrown in a hole and raped for months deal with it from within their own culture. Your empathy for common problems quickly diminishes.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2011, 08:22:28 am by Siquo »

Roboboy33

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENJOYING_CATS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1855 on: September 30, 2011, 03:10:43 pm »

This guy called me today (Wrong number)

And he said some shit about an auction on sunday, and then he said "Can I talk to your husband?"

I was like >.> And really wanted to say "I'm a fucking guy you dipshit." But Instead I said "Wrong number" and hung up.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE CATS

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #1856 on: September 30, 2011, 03:17:41 pm »

Someone my firm does not and cannot represent threatened to get another lawyer if she didn't hear back from us today.... This was also the first time they called.... ???

Tonight shall be interesting....
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #1857 on: September 30, 2011, 03:29:48 pm »

Nope, the only person in my family with diabetes is my step father. And im not overweight, im pretty slim. Sure im not the healthiest person out there, but I consider myself somewhat fit for my age.
What is your age?

(As a sidenote: Type I diabetics are actually thin as a general rule. Then again, Type 1 diabetes is due to autoimmunity against insulin producin cells, not insulin tolerance, so it'd not be related to how many cans of... whatever you ingest.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1858 on: September 30, 2011, 03:33:03 pm »

My understanding is that being overweight is a requirement for the type of diabetes that is caused by food. IE, bad food -> overweight -> diabetes, not bad food -> diabetes.

The other type of diabetes is either genetic or what chairmanpoo said. Or both; they didn't give me a course on the subject when I was being tested for it. :P
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1859 on: September 30, 2011, 04:08:14 pm »

Type 1 diabetes is usually apparent by the time a person is a teenager. If you've been alive long enough to know enough about the internet to have found this site and you don't have type 1 diabetes yet, you're probably not going to get it.

Type 2 diabetes usually appears in obese people. It presumably could affect thin people, but I haven't heard of any cases, and in fact the usual treatment for type 2 is to lose weight until the diabetes stops.
Nothing important here, move along.
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 11040