Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14445376 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #1425 on: August 12, 2011, 08:58:49 pm »

Really? I found that out years ago. I thought it was more surprising when I found that they still used coca flavoring in it. (Also, that company is the only company in the US allowed to import coca leaves)
Actually, I was listening to a program on Coke's formula on NPR, and they managed to find an independent contractor who could de-cocainize some coca leaves for them, since the Stephan Company refused to help them.

It took a while, but eventually they managed to make something very similar in taste to Coke.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #1426 on: August 12, 2011, 09:01:21 pm »

I always thought the similarity in name was a coincidence!
How many coincidences actually occur in marketing?

Really? I found that out years ago. I thought it was more surprising when I found that they still used coca flavoring in it. (Also, that company is the only company in the US allowed to import coca leaves)
Actually, I was listening to a program on Coke's formula on NPR, and they managed to find an independent contractor who could de-cocainize some coca leaves for them, since the Stephan Company refused to help them.

It took a while, but eventually they managed to make something very similar in taste to Coke.
Huh, now that's interesting.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1427 on: August 12, 2011, 09:21:40 pm »

I think the lesson here is that we should all be glad that they didn't start importing their coke from Pennsylvania.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #1428 on: August 12, 2011, 09:23:03 pm »

I think the real lesson is that we should be glad there wasn't a mixup involving a coal mine.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1429 on: August 12, 2011, 09:24:03 pm »

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #1430 on: August 12, 2011, 09:40:42 pm »

I'll be honest. I actually didn't get your joke when I read it. I am way too tired right now, apparently, please stab me in the face to encourage awakeness.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1431 on: August 12, 2011, 10:58:59 pm »

I'll be honest. I actually didn't get your joke when I read it. I am way too tired right now, apparently, please stab me in the face to encourage awakeness.

Face stabbing does not encourage awakeness. What part of being stabbed don't you understand!? *tinktinktinktinktink* :P

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #1432 on: August 13, 2011, 02:05:21 am »

At the rib-off today, I saw a couple take their toddler to the portapotty. The man went in with the kid, while the woman screened the door from view, which was necessary because she held the door open the entire time. After that, they proceeded to hold her dress over her head while they cleaned her off outside, in full view of everyone.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of aborted projects
    • View Profile
    • Shattered Monkey Gaming
« Reply #1433 on: August 13, 2011, 10:14:32 am »

At the rib-off today, I saw a couple take their toddler to the portapotty. The man went in with the kid, while the woman screened the door from view, which was necessary because she held the door open the entire time. After that, they proceeded to hold her dress over her head while they cleaned her off outside, in full view of everyone.
Wait, the woman or the toddler? If it's the toddler, that's creepy. If it's the woman, it's slightly less creepy.

EDIT:
Completely unrelated but... They're bringing back ThunderCats?
« Last Edit: August 13, 2011, 10:49:33 am by Taco Dan »
I think I would remember if I had amnesia.
I'd like to remind everyone that half of the time I don't even know what I'm talking about. The other half of the time I only sort of know what I'm talking about.

PsyberianHusky

• Bay Watcher
  • The best at being the worst at video games.
    • View Profile
Thank you based dwarf.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1435 on: August 13, 2011, 12:08:22 pm »

EDIT:
Completely unrelated but... They're bringing back ThunderCats?
Hmm, someone at work was telling me to watch the new ThunderCats, which implies they already have brought it back.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #1436 on: August 13, 2011, 01:56:37 pm »

Wait, the woman or the toddler? If it's the toddler, that's creepy. If it's the woman, it's slightly less creepy.

The toddler.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1437 on: August 13, 2011, 06:44:47 pm »

99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1438 on: August 15, 2011, 11:33:03 pm »

Good gods, touhou fans, the game came out 2~3 days ago~
Trivia
Fandom

・Due to her nickname of "Seiga Nyan Nyan", Seiga is sometimes depicted as a cat-girl in fanart.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1439 on: August 16, 2011, 02:04:53 am »

I was having a regular conversation with a friend and it eventually turned into a conversation about torture, murder and some stuff that I don't think I can mention...

WTF?
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 11040