Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14443494 times)

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #1035 on: July 13, 2011, 03:36:32 pm »

Americans are literally working themselves to death and/or burnout.
I don't know, it could certainly be a lot worse, like with Japan's workforce. Apparently death by overwork isn't uncommon there.

I'm named after my grandfather on my dad's side, who I never met.  He worked himself to death in his mid-30's.  Slowly ground himself down, and his last days were spent on a business trip while sick with a flu.  The night he returned, he laid down on the couch and died.

Having grown up with that story attached to my name, the expectations placed on people today piss me off.  They piss me off immensely.  And I'm incredibly afraid of going the same way as my namesake, and currently feel that's where I'm headed.  I need to get out of my current job.  It's sucking the life out of me.  The problem is, the only way to improve my situation is to WORK HARDER.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: July 13, 2011, 04:48:17 pm »

As insightful and though-provoking as it is, could we move the economics discussion to another thread please?
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: July 13, 2011, 07:09:07 pm »

I was idly browsing Gamersgate for deals. An advertisement caught my eye:

(Seems to be some sort of parody, old-style JRPG. As I have just enough blue coins, and don't see myself amassing enough to buy a more expensive game, I fear I will shortly succumb to impulse-buying desires. My curiosity will only bug me otherwise.)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: July 13, 2011, 07:16:01 pm »

We should form some sort of Justice League-esque sort of super hero group here :P

Cfoofoo obviously should be the leader.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: July 14, 2011, 09:18:09 am »

Got two strange emails today... one from Gmail that says two other emails are associated with my current one.  I recognize those two emails, I made them ages ago and forgot about them.  But why wait until now to tell me they're associated?  Or is someone attempting to recover the passwords to my old emails?  That's not good.

And another strange email from something called Vodafone Prepaid Mobile Broadband.  The email looks very official, even has an account number and ID and everything.  The phone number is an Australian one o_O  I uh... don't recall signing up for a phone service in Australian, considering I'm in America and all.  I uh... need to check my bank account really quick.

edit: no strange bank activity.  Ok I guess the person in Austrailia put my email down accidently or something.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 04:33:54 pm by Euld »

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: July 14, 2011, 05:10:45 pm »

So, along with food today, we were handing out clothes. According to the guy I was having a conversation with at that particular moment(he was facing in the direction), some greasy-looking Mexican guy picked a pair of women's underwear and started sniffing it. I didn't see it myself, but when I turned to look, he was stuffing something pink into his belt under his shirt.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: July 14, 2011, 05:28:03 pm »

So, along with food today, we were handing out clothes. According to the guy I was having a conversation with at that particular moment(he was facing in the direction), some greasy-looking Mexican guy picked a pair of women's underwear and started sniffing it. I didn't see it myself, but when I turned to look, he was stuffing something pink into his belt under his shirt.
Could simply be he was bringing them back to a spouse. And considering the quality at some free clothing places, one would want to make sure they are clean before doing so. He may not be as much a creep as he first appears.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: July 14, 2011, 05:34:30 pm »

Could simply be he was bringing them back to a spouse. And considering the quality at some free clothing places, one would want to make sure they are clean before doing so. He may not be as much a creep as he first appears.

Your level of generosity and skill in benefit-of-doubt giving is inspirational.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: July 14, 2011, 09:04:19 pm »

Edit: Never mind, guess the guy was just trolling us for a second.  :P
« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 09:09:56 pm by Ultimuh »

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
  • I knew you were coming. Nonetheless, welcome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: July 14, 2011, 10:17:42 pm »

My lacrimal sac keeps shivering at random times of the day and squirting tears into my eye.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: July 15, 2011, 09:19:14 am »

Wow, someone just registered an Acer product using my email.  I'd uh... like to have a nice chat with whoever is doing this and explain whose email belongs to who <_<

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: July 15, 2011, 10:16:04 am »

Twofer: I was using my punching bag, when suddenly, a welding helmet came crashing into my head.

A) Daaah, welding helmet! *klonk*
B) Why the hell was a welding helmet wedged into the rafters of the garage?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of aborted projects
    • View Profile
    • Shattered Monkey Gaming
« Reply #1047 on: July 15, 2011, 10:28:32 am »

I was idly browsing Gamersgate for deals. An advertisement caught my eye:

(Seems to be some sort of parody, old-style JRPG. As I have just enough blue coins, and don't see myself amassing enough to buy a more expensive game, I fear I will shortly succumb to impulse-buying desires. My curiosity will only bug me otherwise.)
It's an awesome game, you should totally buy it.
I think I would remember if I had amnesia.
I'd like to remind everyone that half of the time I don't even know what I'm talking about. The other half of the time I only sort of know what I'm talking about.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: July 16, 2011, 01:56:32 am »

I just found a bunch of jpg pictures in my recycle bin. They are labelled from 1 to 15. When you click properties, it says their origin is "piss"...

Alright, what the fuck is happening?
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 11040