Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14449768 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #975 on: July 11, 2011, 08:52:46 am »

WTF, dawg? While I'm glad you treat the boy with the utmost respect and deference, you've known me for EIGHT years, you furry traitor!
Going by pack psychology, he likely (and fortunately) viewed your son as either above him in pack hierarchy, or more likely as one of the young and not part of the normal hierarchy.

Of course, that also means he thinks you are an inferior pack member to him.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: July 11, 2011, 09:05:42 am »

WTF, dawg? While I'm glad you treat the boy with the utmost respect and deference, you've known me for EIGHT years, you furry traitor!
Going by pack psychology, he likely (and fortunately) viewed your son as either above him in pack hierarchy, or more likely as one of the young and not part of the normal hierarchy.

Of course, that also means he thinks you are an inferior pack member to him.
I'm not sure he realizes he's a dog. Conversely, I think he recognizes that the other humans are humans, whereas I've always suspected he just thinks I'm a very large dog with a bad case of mange.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: July 11, 2011, 12:32:08 pm »

Much more likely he justs regards the dish and what's in it as his, regardless of "pack hierarchy".

Don't even get me started on Team Rocket's Terrorist acts.
Although most of the time, they have the decency to lock them in a cage rather than a small ball. Then again, the second episode of the anime(Team R's first appearance), they tore up the power generator to the Pokemon Center(hospitals, not sure about vetinary centers, typically have their own backup generators), likely shutting down life support and ICU, certainly causing horrific deaths of many injured Pokemon... who probably wouldn't be injured in the first place if 10-year-olds didn't cause them to fight each other until they were in that condition.
Team Rocket is poke-verse's PETA?
Love, scriver~

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: July 11, 2011, 12:54:18 pm »

Much more likely he justs regards the dish and what's in it as his, regardless of "pack hierarchy".

I get that, which is why I freaked out when I saw my son playing in the kibble and was astounded that the dog didn't seem to give a shit. If I had been trying to extract a bit of kibble, I'd say that's a fair cop and I deserved it. But I was putting food back in the dish. And while he's bitten me before, it's always been accidental nips when he just really wanted the food I was giving him and got overexcited. And when those happen, he'd instantly draw back and look down, as if to say, "Oops. My bad, man."

This time, he bit *down* on the finger, and then gave me a sideways look while lowering his head over the dish, as if to say, "Hell yeah I bit you. And I'll do it again motherf**ker, if you touch mah kibble. THIS! IS! FOOD DISH!"

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
  • I knew you were coming. Nonetheless, welcome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: July 11, 2011, 02:16:11 pm »

I'm surprised you have that problem, I can do basically anything with my dog's food. Of course, that might be be because it's a Labrador retriever. They're very good about not getting pissed about anything ever.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: July 11, 2011, 03:14:45 pm »

I have a Beagle.

He'll bite you if you take so much as a empty cardboard box from him. He really doesn't give a shit how many times he was fliped over and rendered useless, or smacked, or really anything that animal protection laws will let you do to your dog. He WILL have his goddamn cardboard box, because that box at some point in time came in the smallest contact with human food, which he treats like it's some sort of fucking ambrosia.

I think my dog may be mentally retarded.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: July 11, 2011, 04:20:49 pm »

I have a Beagle.

He'll bite you if you take so much as a empty cardboard box from him. He really doesn't give a shit how many times he was fliped over and rendered useless, or smacked, or really anything that animal protection laws will let you do to your dog. He WILL have his goddamn cardboard box, because that box at some point in time came in the smallest contact with human food, which he treats like it's some sort of fucking ambrosia.

I think my dog may be mentally retarded.
I have half a beagle :D

Also I think your dog might be not so much retarded but rather he thinks he's Solid Snake.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: July 11, 2011, 04:22:18 pm »

He knows the truth of The Box. There is no going back once you know the truth of The Box, for primate and canine alike.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: July 11, 2011, 04:23:11 pm »

Hmmm. I have some boxes standing around here. Lessee how my dog reacts to it. FOR SCIENCE!

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: July 11, 2011, 06:08:13 pm »

The rights to create a movie based on the game Space Invaders were recently bought and they are hoping to make the film. Somehow. ???

http://ingame.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/07/11/7060353-space-invaders-the-movie-yes-space-invaders-the-movie

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: July 11, 2011, 06:09:40 pm »

Atleast the game has no plot a movie can ruin.
Then again, if Uwe Boll get's his hands on this..

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: July 11, 2011, 06:12:15 pm »

Aliens invade the Earth. A single space fighter is going to fight them off and eventually die.

Hmmm... could make for a decent plot if done well. But I'm not gonna bet on it.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: July 11, 2011, 06:45:08 pm »

Next up: TETRIS: The Movie!
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: July 11, 2011, 06:51:51 pm »

They've already got Battleships and Stretch Armstrong (I"m completely serious) movies in the works.  They've completely emptied the barrel and are scooping out soggy wood at this point.
Shoes...

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: July 11, 2011, 06:58:19 pm »

Next up: TETRIS: The Movie!
I am the man who arranges the block that continue to fall from up above♫
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 11040