Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14448294 times)

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #945 on: July 08, 2011, 01:48:08 pm »

I'm not sure if I should report it as a bug...

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: July 08, 2011, 01:49:07 pm »

Oh god I can see forever
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: July 08, 2011, 01:51:05 pm »

Fortunately, it hasn't actually gone fractal. The page in the page was completely normal; working links and everything.

It only happens every now and then, but it's a pain in the ass.

Edit: And I may have found the problem. Accidental double clicking results in the page stopping its load and restarting without removing the first one.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2011, 01:53:02 pm by RedWarrior0 »

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: July 08, 2011, 02:22:34 pm »

That sounds like a browser bug. What are you using?
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: July 08, 2011, 04:55:57 pm »

Okay, the day before, I found a feather on the ground, which I put in my hat. Yesterday, someone hands me a white feather, which I also put in my hat. Today, I see some little kid holding a black feather.

Three days, three feathers. Not only that, but I think there is some sort of spiritual side of it. I mean, yesterday, the white feather that someone was nice and gave me(Good?), the day before, I simply found the brown feather on the ground(Neutral?), and today, the black feather which if I had taken from the kid(I didn't) it would be stealing from a little kid, which would be pretty evil, wouldn't it(a being a douchebag)?

Or maybe I'm thinking about it too deeply?
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #950 on: July 08, 2011, 07:54:39 pm »

Goddamnit. Can we just skip to quantum computers with quantum entanglement routers already? The wait is killing me.
Hey breadbocks.
Wow.  Quantum computers operated by lasers and microwaves and constructed with DIAMONDS.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: July 08, 2011, 08:26:34 pm »

Okay, the day before, I found a feather on the ground, which I put in my hat. Yesterday, someone hands me a white feather, which I also put in my hat. Today, I see some little kid holding a black feather.

Three days, three feathers. Not only that, but I think there is some sort of spiritual side of it. I mean, yesterday, the white feather that someone was nice and gave me(Good?), the day before, I simply found the brown feather on the ground(Neutral?), and today, the black feather which if I had taken from the kid(I didn't) it would be stealing from a little kid, which would be pretty evil, wouldn't it(a being a douchebag)?

Or maybe I'm thinking about it too deeply?
You should have taken all three and gain POWER BEYOND YOUR IMAGINING!

Or you would have looked rediculous with three feathers in your hat.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: July 08, 2011, 08:54:24 pm »

Isn't there some novel called "the three feathers" about a soldier that has to cast off three feathers off his hat to win some contest against cowardice?

Edit: No. The four feathers: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Four_Feathers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: July 08, 2011, 09:13:22 pm »

Opera.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: July 09, 2011, 02:45:23 pm »

Opera.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: July 09, 2011, 02:47:25 pm »

Opera.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
NOT YET DAMMIT WAIT FOR YOUR CUE.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: July 09, 2011, 04:07:09 pm »

Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: July 09, 2011, 04:23:44 pm »

The ride home lastnight after work was really strange. 

First, what appeared to be some strange small animal gave me a panic, when it skittered underneath me.  It looked about the size of a cat, with a similar tail, but the body shape was much flatter and kind of wierd.  And cats don't skitter.  It was a dark color and just briefly passed under my headlight, so I didn't get to see it very well.  It looked like I should have ran it over (at least the tail), but I didn't feel or hear anything.  My best guess is it was some piece of trash blowing across the road, but I'm pretty sure there wasn't enough wind to move such a large item like that and the shape was so much like the body of a small animal... especially considering the tail...

And then a few minutes later, a human silhouette walked in front of me and vanished.  Commence questioning of sanity.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: July 09, 2011, 04:27:37 pm »

People are good at having hallucinations, crazy or not. Tiny visual and optical hallucinations are possible even when everything is fine, and a disruption as small as a normal headache is capable of causing vivid and total hallucinations comprising all five senses, even in people who are completely healthy.

The brain isn't good at telling which sense data is real and which isn't.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: July 09, 2011, 04:32:52 pm »

People are good at having hallucinations, crazy or not. Tiny visual and optical hallucinations are possible even when everything is fine, and a disruption as small as a normal headache is capable of causing vivid and total hallucinations comprising all five senses, even in people who are completely healthy.

The brain isn't good at telling which sense data is real and which isn't.

I've never experienced more than very minor visual glitches which were very easily identifiable as such, so both these things were a little strange for me.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 11040