Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14460754 times)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #750 on: June 28, 2011, 08:55:46 pm »

So it seems that the minions working in this particular deli do not know what the word “proprietor” means.

“Are you the proprietor of this deli?”

“What?”

They're deli minions (a job I've unfortunately held.) What do you expect of them?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: June 28, 2011, 10:01:43 pm »

I got my motherboard back in the mail today.
I got everything up and running again, and there are still graphical glitches when I activate SLI.
At this point, basically the only things I haven't replaced are the CPU and the SLI bridge.  Hmm ???
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: June 29, 2011, 12:35:32 am »

So, if you take a computer, and replace all the parts, is it still the same computer?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Reelyanoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: June 29, 2011, 02:08:16 am »

That sounds like the issue with quantum teleportation too.

I knew this guy at work once who thought quantum teleportation was real teleportation because he saw a news video and they showed a laser hitting an apple and the apple disappeared and re-appeared somewhere else. We had an argument about this. I tried to explain to him that that was clearly just special effects and no such teleportation technology exists.

Suffice to say the guy lacked a science education but was a total smart-ass about everything.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2011, 02:09:48 am by Reelyanoob »

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: June 29, 2011, 06:33:23 am »

So it seems that the minions working in this particular deli do not know what the word “proprietor” means.

“Are you the proprietor of this deli?”

“What?”
Maybe they thought proprietor was a type of Italian charcuterie.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
    • TESnexus profile, has my voice acting portfolio.
« Reply #755 on: June 29, 2011, 07:02:18 am »

That sounds like the issue with quantum teleportation too.

That's the thing, people say that with that sorta teleportation, the current you is essentially killed and a new you is formed at the destination.

I can see how that can be true, but there's still the question; how is it a different you if it's the same atoms forming that were in the "old" you? Same memories, consciousness, etc.? Otherwise it could mean if i rip my arm off and then reattach it, i still wouldn't be the same me, i'd be a whole new me.

I think another question that could be asked, if you want to get spiritual, is does your soul transfer from here to there as well?
« Last Edit: June 29, 2011, 07:04:54 am by 612DwarfAvenue »
My voice acting portfolio.
Centration. Similar to Spacestation 13, but in 3D and first-person. Sounds damn awesome.
NanoTrasen Exploratory Team: SS13 in DF.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: June 29, 2011, 07:33:18 am »

I think another question that could be asked, if you want to get spiritual, is does your soul transfer from here to there as well?
"And what of the immortal soul in such transactions? Can this machine transmit and reattach it as well? Or is it lost forever, leaving a soulless body to wander the world in despair?" -Sister Miriam Godwinson, "We Must Dissent"

That quote is triggered in SMAC when you discover the Bulk-Matter Transmitter. Of course, Miriam is also sort of crazy, at least in the early game. Now later on, when you have the self-aware grey goo-able nanobot posthuman colony cities being built, not so much.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Phmcw

• Bay Watcher
  • Damn max 500 characters
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: June 29, 2011, 09:40:45 am »

I recently learned that a new drug is spreading in russia :krocodil. It's cheaply manufactured with codeine.
The result? Stronger than heroin. The price? You rot alive 'till the flesh part your bones, literally. WTF?

Here's the tamest article I found on that subject.
Quote from: toady

In bug news, the zombies in a necromancer's tower became suspicious after the necromancer failed to age and he fled into the hills.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: June 29, 2011, 09:55:42 am »

I recently learned that a new drug is spreading in russia :krocodil. It's cheaply manufactured with codeine.
The result? Stronger than heroin. The price? You rot alive 'till the flesh part your bones, literally. WTF?

Does it make you suddenly thirst for human blood and hunger for flesh?
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: June 29, 2011, 03:30:50 pm »

I'm amazed at what people will do to themselves.  I can understand lack of education about stuff that feels good while killing you in slow, subtle ways.  This goes way beyond that.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: June 29, 2011, 07:13:35 pm »

So  i met a hipster girl tonight (she claimed she was not, a clear sign she is as hipster as they get) and i liked her, quite a bit, it might have been the quick fire witty remarks that she was able to return or it might have been something else, but the thing is, i liked someone who is clearly indetifying themself as a part of a movement, and that is what is weirding me out, since i usually don't like people like that, in fact i hate most of them for some reason.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: June 29, 2011, 07:16:53 pm »

So  i met a hipster girl tonight (she claimed she was not, a clear sign she is as hipster as they get)

Not trying to split hairs much, but isn't that sort of saying you're not a witch because you sink in water, when everyone thinks you're witch because you do?

I got a friend who wears skinny jeans and presents himself as some sort of hipster punk rocker. Were I to judge him just on appearances, that's what I'd think of him. Turns out he's more of a metal head.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: June 29, 2011, 07:21:06 pm »

But as far as i know hipsters are different, since it seems the entire movement is based on being alternative and different, but it has become so mainstream that it's not even funny how it killed its own purpose.

That said, i might be wrong since i'm pretty drunk and happy now but i don't really care because i doubt i'll ever see her again (unless she comes to the same awesome events that are happening in the next three days)
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 11040