Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14463418 times)

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #645 on: June 20, 2011, 02:12:34 pm »

This is sorta WTF/Disturbed

At some annual town festival, I accidentally came 3 hours early (herp) and the only person to talk to was this six year old girl

Long story short after being followed by this girl for 5 hours she declared me her boyfreind and started kissin and huggin and all sorts of wierd shit.

what's the opposite of pedophelia?

I hate that. I can't ride the bus without some kind of bag because random kids constantly try to crawl into my lap if it isn't full. That would be incredibly annoying without the exreme paranoia of modern society.
You guys just have pheromones that attract small children. It's like owning an ice-cream truck.
An ice cream truck with all the identifiable mmarkings scraped off, and "ICE CREEM" written on one side in what sane people hope is red/brown paint.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: June 20, 2011, 06:23:03 pm »

Atlantropa; holy crap, why have I never heard of this. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atlantropa
Its central feature was a hydroelectric dam to be built across the Strait of Gibraltar, which would have provided enormous amounts of hydroelectricity[2] and would have led to the lowering of the surface of the Mediterranean Sea by up to 200 metres, opening up large new lands for settlement, for example in a now almost totally drained Adriatic Sea.
The idea originated in the 1920s. :O

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of aborted projects
    • View Profile
    • Shattered Monkey Gaming
« Reply #647 on: June 20, 2011, 06:35:09 pm »

Atlantropa; holy crap, why have I never heard of this. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atlantropa
Its central feature was a hydroelectric dam to be built across the Strait of Gibraltar, which would have provided enormous amounts of hydroelectricity[2] and would have led to the lowering of the surface of the Mediterranean Sea by up to 200 metres, opening up large new lands for settlement, for example in a now almost totally drained Adriatic Sea.
What they really need to do is drain all the water, build a watertight city, and then flood it again. We'd have a real Rapture.
I think I would remember if I had amnesia.
I'd like to remind everyone that half of the time I don't even know what I'm talking about. The other half of the time I only sort of know what I'm talking about.

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: June 20, 2011, 06:38:45 pm »

What they really need to do is drain all the water, build a watertight city, and then flood it again. We'd have a real Rapture.
And then, months after people move to Rapture, they would leave because Ayn Rand/Andrew Ryan is still a fucktard, game inspiration aside.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: June 20, 2011, 07:02:33 pm »

My phone rings today.

There's a delay after I say hello.

I say "Hello?!" thinking it's a telemarketer.

The voice of an older women comes over the line.

"Who is this?"

My biggest pet peeve is when people call me and then ask who is on the other end of the line.

"Um, who is THIS?" I ask.

"I don't know, you called me." she says.

"No I didn't, my phone just rang over here."

"Well so did mine."

Pause.

"Ok well have a nice day."

WTF Phone company.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: June 20, 2011, 08:02:51 pm »

You intercepted a signal from a Russian Spy. It is the only explanation.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: June 20, 2011, 11:43:35 pm »

I just found out the song on the Nyan Cat video is an actual song...

Huh?
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: June 23, 2011, 05:39:08 am »

Alright, I found the URL to this apparently dissapeared thread and am trying to prevent it from continuing to "Await Approval". So, here goes nothing.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #657 on: June 23, 2011, 05:40:19 am »

Yeah, that was weird.  At least it is here.  Forum maintenance found no errors when it was still gone...
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: June 23, 2011, 05:42:12 am »

Well, at least now I know I'm not crazy and this thread really does exist. (Side note, when I went to post here it gave me the "Not Posted in for 120 Days" warning, despite that being blatently untrue. Might be a clue as to why it vanished.)
No Gods, No Masters.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: June 23, 2011, 05:43:05 am »

Maybe it's a time travelling thread...
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 11040